The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1340
Keep putting your failures down to luck and you'll never win a title.
Original post by rhinger

piss off you complete bull****er
I think we can be excused for not winning anything since 05 (it's not like we haven't been close) but there's no excuse for not winning the title at least this season all things considered

Made me quite sick, the mentality in that dressing room is embarrassing. I hate how they think that just because they played roughly or unattractively that it is no longer considered football..

anyone who watched that game knows that Arsenal played horrendously poor, without obviously taking away the praise from Ipswich, Arsenal have only themselves to blame.

I just find the whole blame game quite embarrassing, they always find something else to blame..
If it works against Arsenal, play it against Arsenal. Their job to cope with it.
oh cesc that is ****ing disgraceful.. it wasnt a long ball game..it was their ****ing clearances which were booted so high up the pitch that with our ****ing high line which we always seem to play for no ****ing reason, we get caught..its like hes mirroring wenger..if nobody plays the arsenal way tis anti football..well we're not in spain so you're going to have to ****ing deal with it..thats what wins you titles..not complaining about a pitch and not giving credit to ipswich who played their hearts out while you showed no ****ing desire..**** sake.. its become a common excuse for our club and to be honest im sick of it
(edited 13 years ago)
In a way, it's cool he's holding the party line, despite the party line being full of ****.
Original post by badger-man
Already have, consistent performances with minimal spending. We're still in the title race this season and IMO and, most pundits opinions, are more likely than Man City to win it this season. Still in the Champions League, Carling Cup and FA Cup.

I feel for Wenger, we've got so close to trophies but bad luck has kept us from winning. The 07/08 season is a prime example. We were nailed on favourites for the league title until the Eduardo injury and the penalty that shouldn't have been in the Birmingham game which just shattered our confidence. If Martin Taylor wasn't a complete idiot we would have won the league and probably wouldn't be having this conversation. Football eh!

*******s. Arsenal lost the league then since Wenger didn't instill the team with much confidence and mental strength. And FA Cup, lol. Leeds will be looking at the Ipswich game and planning. And Arsenal will NEVER win the Champions League under Arsene, his style of football is not conducive to European football (they will win it one day, but not under Wenger IMO).

Arsenal will go close in at least one competition, but they always make excuses and don't have the balls to go the full hog. this is Arsene Wenger's fault.
Original post by Deshi
This view from Arsenal fans is amusing. Need to get off your high horse mate, no-one really cares if you don't spend money. Is that supposed to automatically make your fans feel better? "Oh it's alright if we don't win anything, 'cause we don't spend as much money as the rest".

Let's face it, if we are happy with the way our club is being run, no-one can tell us that we're wrong. No-one cares that we don't spend money? Fantastic, feel absolutely free to, but in exactly the same way, no-one at the club cares what Random Rob from Rotherham thinks.

Original post by n1r4v
:five:

Went on there just now and it looks ****e? When did it change, looks sold out.

So it does, how irksome.
Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc
oh cesc that is ****ing disgraceful.. it wasnt a long ball game..it was their ****ing clearances which were booted so high up the pitch that with our ****ing high line which we always seem to play for no ****ing reason, we get caught..

There is no other option outside of changing the way you attack. When you push your entire team into positions in and around the box you leave a lot of space. What is the one thing attacking players thrive in? Space.

It might be alright if your midfield is full of energy and commitment but the minute they lose focus or breath the opposing team can launch an attack stacked in their favour. Much better to close the players down early to A) recycle the attack and B) kill the attack dead. Sure you slip up every so often but if your defenders back off till the final third there will be serious problems. Much easier to make recovery tackles with half the pitch to spare than 10 yards.
Reply 1351
Original post by Panthalic
Let's face it, if we are happy with the way our club is being run, no-one can tell us that we're wrong. No-one cares that we don't spend money? Fantastic, feel absolutely free to, but in exactly the same way, no-one at the club cares what Random Rob from Rotherham thinks.

Meh, I think my point stands. As Eman's post shows all your fans clearly aren't happy with that attitude.
Original post by Jeppasloth
There is no other option outside of changing the way you attack. When you push your entire team into positions in and around the box you leave a lot of space. What is the one thing attacking players thrive in? Space.

It might be alright if your midfield is full of energy and commitment but the minute they lose focus or breath the opposing team can launch an attack stacked in their favour. Much better to close the players down early to A) recycle the attack and B) kill the attack dead. Sure you slip up every so often but if your defenders back off till the final third there will be serious problems. Much easier to make recovery tackles with half the pitch to spare than 10 yards.

you make a point there..and you know in some games i dont care about our high line..because we have song..or someone shows some commitment..but last night was just pathetic..epitomised by eboue just raising his hand and stnading there for their goal..leaving djourou and jos to try and kill the danger..
i really think we need to get rid of some of the waste which has accumulated over the years...the likes of eboue, bendtner, squallaci and even denilson are just not good enough for a team as big as arsenal...maybe a mid-table team
Arsenal needs George Graham and Tony Adams as defensive coaches. And if anyone thinks Arsenal will be boring again, well *******s to that. United are the next best footballing side in the league, and have a better defence. ****, Arsene himself built good defences. Sol, Toure, Cole and Lauren were miles better than what we have now.
lol there's so much crap on this team that just don't deserve to be there Koscielny, Denilson, Bendtner, Clichy,Eboue Arshavin (as of late) the centrebacks are the worst aspects of this team Koscielnys the new Cygan and Squillacis just a reserve player from Sevilla..then you ask yourselves why this defence struggles when Vermaelen doesn't play. These type of players are trash, Wenger needs to spend big if he wants to win anything. He's just going to keep blaming his teams impotence on the the "ugly" defensive style of the opposition or come up with some BS about "oh we dominated the game we had chances" when in reality they had nothing... the game vs Ipswitch proves it
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by rajandkwameali
Arsenal needs George Graham and Tony Adams as defensive coaches. And if anyone thinks Arsenal will be boring again, well *******s to that. United are the next best footballing side in the league, and have a better defence. ****, Arsene himself built good defences. Sol, Toure, Cole and Lauren were miles better than what we have now.

No, Sagna is better than Lauren ever was
fabregas "rugby" comments :facepalm2:
Its not their fault!
Reply 1358
Original post by marcusmerehay
How does it feel knowing that's the only (and pathetic at that) insult you've got?

Wenger is looking down on you wondering why you're not gobbling on his cock.

Typical Wenger asslicker, the only good thing you'll say about him is his financial management. Meh.
Reply 1359
Original post by badger-man
:facepalm2:
Two words: Invincible season.
No other Premier league team has achieved it, EVER! You don't lead a team to a top four finish 14 seasons in a row without having managerial talent. Also, please stop personally insulting me for no apparent reason as it's undermining your argument. Thanks for the negs too, thankfully it hasn't affected my rep due to the terrible state of yours which is no doubt a reflection of your personality and the quality of your posts :biggrin:.

Haha, funny cos I don't neg anyone or give anyone thumbs up except if they make me laugh out in a good way. So no.

But still congratulations for maintaining your good reputation! On TSR! It must mean a lot to you.

The Invincible Season was 6 seasons ago. You're judging a manager on the basis of his successes... um 7 years ago? When the only other quality sides - sorry, side, just one team- was Manchester United. Far too little competition, at least before the mafia arrived at Chelsea.

Agreed, Wenger is a saint for Arsenal. There's no doubt what he did for Arsenal when he came over changed Arsenal's style for good. And NO sane supporter will forget the successes of the early 2000's.

But his situation in the last three/four years or so is the horrible undoing of his achievements in his early years.

And apologies for the irrelevant tosh I said yesterday, I was just hot-headed.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest