The Student Room Group

Edexcel S2 Exam Paper January 2011 14/01/11

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by Geniusmiss
yeah....those are the easiest! p.s. u taught urself maths? same here!!

:woo:

You will be fine, just avoid making silly mistakes and hopefully there won't be any :confused: questions in our paper
Original post by cpdavis
:woo:

You will be fine, just avoid making silly mistakes and hopefully there won't be any :confused: questions in our paper

yeah im trying to avoid silly mistakes...but the thing is i need an A* if i have to apply for uni...and my past papers werent too good...p.s. the fact that im doing a levels early, will it be a compensation for not getting A* if i wanna go to oxbridge?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 202
yeah im trying to avoid silly mistakes...but the thing is i need an A* if i have to apply for uni...and my past papers werent too good...p.s. the fact that im doing a levels early, will it be a compensation for not getting A* if i wanna go to oxbridge?

Hmm, well if this is going to Maths then it won't matter, but if it is going to Further Maths, you ideally would want to get 90+ anyway. It just makes you stand out of the crowd really
Original post by cpdavis
Hmm, well if this is going to Maths then it won't matter, but if it is going to Further Maths, you ideally would want to get 90+ anyway. It just makes you stand out of the crowd really

this is going to maths....to get to oxbridge next year you need A*AA riite? im lukng at A*AA and A in As-level...i did fp1 at the age of 14 and got 85 :/
Reply 204
I actually feel sickk.. praying the paper is easier than the last couple of years..fingers crossed
Original post by WCHS
I actually feel sickk.. praying the paper is easier than the last couple of years..fingers crossed

samee! i doubt it will be easier but hey we can hope!
if everyone does badly then grade boundaries go down rite??
Reply 207
this is going to maths....to get to oxbridge next year you need A*AA riite? im lukng at A*AA and A in As-level...i did fp1 at the age of 14 and got 85 :/

well when you do apply, the chance of oxford asking for the A* is very likely. SO I would say that if this year you got say A*A*A/A*AA then you are in for a good chance.

yes
Reply 208

Yeah.
Original post by cpdavis
well when you do apply, the chance of oxford asking for the A* is very likely. SO I would say that if this year you got say A*A*A/A*AA then you are in for a good chance.

yes

i plan on getting A* in maths or further maths, A* in business, A in economics, and A in phyiscs As-level which makes it A*A*A, A for as level...i wanna get into business and economics course...do u think this will be enough? sorry for asking but i have no experience with u.k. universities
Original post by puma21
Yeah.

ok thanks :wink:
Reply 211
i plan on getting A* in maths or further maths, A* in business, A in economics, and A in phyiscs As-level which makes it A*A*A, A for as level...i wanna get into business and economics course...do u think this will be enough? sorry for asking but i have no experience with u.k. universities

Usually Oxford candidates usually get high grades so that would give them one less reason to reject you. But it also comes down to your interview technique and a good personal statement.

For the personal statement get it done early and get it checked by the personal statement helpers a few times.

But worry about your exam for today.
Reply 212

Well you can't get A* at AS level, but you can get really high A's

Here are the current econ courses at Oxbridge: http://www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses/economics/index.html
http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate_courses/courses/economics_and_management/economics_and_4.html

This can give you more info. Hope that I helped
Original post by cpdavis
Well you can't get A* at AS level, but you can get really high A's

Here are the current econ courses at Oxbridge: http://www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses/economics/index.html
http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate_courses/courses/economics_and_management/economics_and_4.html

This can give you more info. Hope that I helped

thank you very much :smile: i did notice oxford criteria is a little less harsher than cambridge
Reply 214
Good luck everyone!!!!
what do u mean open for discussion? sorry im kinda new to students rooom

We cannot discuss about exams or even say how easy/hard it is.
None about exams till 12.00am(GMT) of the next day.

I got 10 warning points for it:mad::mad:
So my suggestion would be just stalking the thread and not write anything until midnight:biggrin:

Best of luck
Original post by cpdavis
Good luck everyone!!!!

You too, and everyone else :wink:
EDEXCEL S2 Post exam discussion

There wasnt a thread around. So here is one.

Please Don't Discuss until 4:30AM tommorow :P
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 218
why 4:30 AM?
Reply 219
why 4.30 am - people who did s1 posted thread already.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending