The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Any Biology Offers?

Has anyone got any offers from Durham for any Biology course yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am waiting for that answer too!Everywhere I look on TSR,there's someone with a rejection from Durham :frown:(
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Yeah, I got one on the first of December (for Ecology, Evolution and Behaviour)! Good luck!
Reply 3
I applied for zoology and havent heard anything back... on AES it hasnt been received by a college.
I've seen people with offers for things like Molecular Biology and Ecology, Evolution and Behaviour (as above) but none for straight biology. I'm still waiting on them and I don't even want to go there now!
I got an ABB offer for Biology with industrial placement :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by BlueRingedOctopus

I got an ABB offer for Biology with industrial placement :smile:

I applied for bio with industrial replacement too!:smile: what were your grades?:smile:
Original post by Aydn9
I applied for bio with industrial replacement too!:smile: what were your grades?:smile:

Woo :smile: as in my AS grades or predicted grase? At AS I got AABBB and my predicted grades are AAB.. what about you?

Also what college are you? I got St Chad's (my first choice- woop!) :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by fretter778
I've seen people with offers for things like Molecular Biology and Ecology, Evolution and Behaviour (as above) but none for straight biology. I'm still waiting on them and I don't even want to go there now!

If you definitely definitely don't want to go, you can cancel your Durham choice on ucas so that you can firm/insurance the universities you do want to go to and start applying for acccommodation, etc. at those unis (if their accommodation applications are open of course).
Reply 9

Woo :smile: as in my AS grades or predicted grase? At AS I got AABBB and my predicted grades are AAB.. what about you?

Also what college are you? I got St Chad's (my first choice- woop!) :smile:

I predicted AABB :smile: I wanted Hatfield but a supervisor said the university college is the best for bio students so I wrote that one..That college looks rather snob and formal though://

Im still waiting for an answer but I was a bit dissappointed when I saw even people with predictions A* x 365765 got rejections:frown: fingers crossed!hope they like my non-zillion A*predictions!:biggrin:
Reply 10
Hello fellow Biology applicants! :biggrin:

Still no offer here for straight biology :frown:

Original post by Aydn9
I predicted AABB :smile: I wanted Hatfield but a supervisor said the university college is the best for bio students so I wrote that one..

Ive applied to university college, did your supervisor say why it was best?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Popey93

Ive applied to university college, did your supervisor say why it was best?

I dont remember that accurately now:biggrin: I think it was something like '' many bio students are located in there'' ..:smile: and why did you choose it?:smile:
Original post by angelmxxx
If you definitely definitely don't want to go, you can cancel your Durham choice on ucas so that you can firm/insurance the universities you do want to go to and start applying for acccommodation, etc. at those unis (if their accommodation applications are open of course).

Excellent. Thanks for that! I have an interview at Sheffield and that might be my insurance so I'll wait until I get my offer there (if I do of course) and if Durham still haven't got back to me I'll bin them.
Reply 13
Original post by Aydn9

I dont remember that accurately now:biggrin: I think it was something like '' many bio students are located in there'' ..:smile: and why did you choose it?:smile:

Oh I see! Thats positive! :tongue:
I chose it because I'm quite the Harry Potter fan and couldnt resist :colondollar:
Reply 14
Original post by Popey93

Original post by Popey93
Oh I see! Thats positive! :tongue:
I chose it because I'm quite the Harry Potter fan and couldnt resist :colondollar:

If so , you found your soulmate!I like the atmosphere of old buildings too!but the university college seemed like really formal:/.Hatfield college is reeaally old too but it has a friendlier atmosphere:smile:

So we both applied for bio and uni college.thats awesome!:smile:
Original post by Aydn9
Im still waiting for an answer but I was a bit dissappointed when I saw even people with predictions A* x 365765 got rejections:frown: fingers crossed!hope they like my non-zillion A*predictions!:biggrin:

Original post by Popey93
Hello fellow Biology applicants! :biggrin:

Still no offer here for straight biology :frown:

People with A* predictions have been rejected? :eek: I guess that shows having a passion for your subject (god that sounded so personal statmenty lol) really counts for something.

Good luck guys! :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Aydn9
If so , you found your soulmate!I like the atmosphere of old buildings too!but the university college seemed like really formal:/.Hatfield college is reeaally old too but it has a friendlier atmosphere:smile:

So we both applied for bio and uni college.thats awesome!:smile:

It does look really pretty too! I adored it when I visited last year! :redface:
Ahh you see, i know someone who went to to university and she told me of the rivalry between the two, and couldnt imagine applying for Hatfield! :tongue:

It is pretty cool! Good luck, I hope you get in! :biggrin:
Whosever superviser said that Castle is best for Bio doesn't know what they're talking about - your college has nothing to do with your teaching and in theory every college has roughly the same proportion of students doing each subject. And besides, numbers vary from year to year-in my year only 3 Trevs students are doing biology (plus NatScis), but there are loads of freshers apparently. And your college choice doesn't affect your chances of getting in.
Reply 18
Original post by purple-girl

Original post by purple-girl
Whosever superviser said that Castle is best for Bio doesn't know what they're talking about - your college has nothing to do with your teaching and in theory every college has roughly the same proportion of students doing each subject. And besides, numbers vary from year to year-in my year only 3 Trevs students are doing biology (plus NatScis), but there are loads of freshers apparently. And your college choice doesn't affect your chances of getting in.

heyyy relax man..I already said that I dont quite remember what she said..
Reply 19
Now it's after the UCAS deadline they might start shifting through the straight biology applications next week as I see an offer has already been made - good luck everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest