The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
what about snape

Voldemort has his snake murder him, thinking that he is the master of the Elder Wand.
Because it is apparently the unbeatavle wand which he needs cus his wand cant harm Harry as was seen in Graveyard in Book 4 and chapter 2 of book 7. So now he rekon sthe deathstick will allow him to Kill harry which means he removes his last real threat so he can dominate and take over the world!!! Although it doesnt work cus malfoy disarmed tahtw and when dumbledoor was top of the astonomey tower makin malfoys wand the new Elder wand so it is the power wand. Plus Harry gies top sacrafice himself at the end for everyone in the castle so when dumbledore kills him it doesnt work as this love crap saves him again just as harrys ma saved him so voldemort didnt learn frim his mistakes so now he cant harm Harry or any of the people in the castle. So when he tries killing Harry again it backfires like it did when he was a kid and BOOM all the horcruxes are gone, the last one was in voldemorts bpdy and now its dead so hes gone for good (hopfully cus i cudent be ****ed reading any more of these books)
Original post by Davey Mags
Because it is apparently the unbeatavle wand which he needs cus his wand cant harm Harry as was seen in Graveyard in Book 4 and chapter 2 of book 7. So now he rekon sthe deathstick will allow him to Kill harry which means he removes his last real threat so he can dominate and take over the world!!! Although it doesnt work cus malfoy disarmed tahtw and when dumbledoor was top of the astonomey tower makin malfoys wand the new Elder wand so it is the power wand. Plus Harry gies top sacrafice himself at the end for everyone in the castle so when dumbledore kills him it doesnt work as this love crap saves him again just as harrys ma saved him so voldemort didnt learn frim his mistakes so now he cant harm Harry or any of the people in the castle. So when he tries killing Harry again it backfires like it did when he was a kid and BOOM all the horcruxes are gone, the last one was in voldemorts bpdy and now its dead so hes gone for good (hopfully cus i cudent be ****ed reading any more of these books)

btw im not handicapped i just cant type
I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't read the books. It's pretty hard to understand all the reasons behind why people do things in the film. And the seventh book is pretty convoluted, and you generally have to remember the past books/films to understand everything going on.
Reply 984
The nexct fill is July :shock: I thought it was early this year. I don't want to wait that long :frown:
This movie is one of the best ones but I still prefer the first 2 as they were loyal to the books and could also be understood by those who hadn't actually read the books. In the subsquent ones, there's loads of stuff that's different from the books and most of my firends who hadn't read them didn't really understand everything in the movies.
Original post by rockrunride
Voldemort has his snake murder him, thinking that he is the master of the Elder Wand.

OK mate, don't ruin it for the people who haven't read the books.
Original post by Inzamam99
OK mate, don't ruin it for the people who haven't read the books.

Come on, you know you should have read the book, I haven't even seen the film!
Original post by rockrunride
Come on, you know you should have read the book, I haven't even seen the film!

Yeah fair enough. I have read all the books by the way. Multiple times :proud:
Reply 989
Original post by TheSownRose
I hadn't seen it yet! Now, however, I know that Voldemort is going to break in to Dumbledore's tomb near Hogwarts and steal something called the Elder Wand, before sending green lightning into the sky!

You should really have read the books already unless you are like 11

its not important with out context anyway
Original post by Joe199111
You should really have read the books already unless you are like 11

its not important with out context anyway

I find the books boring - read the first three, but couldn't go on any further.

Well, no - for example, I have no concept of what an Elder Wand is (although I know it's buried with Dumbledore :angry:) - but still, the ending will come of no surprise now. :frown:
Original post by TheSownRose
I find the books boring - read the first three, but couldn't go on any further.

Well, no - for example, I have no concept of what an Elder Wand is (although I know it's buried with Dumbledore :angry:) - but still, the ending will come of no surprise now. :frown:

It spurts out green **** too
It's his equivalent of jizzing with excitement?
When the films ends with Voldemort visiting Dumbledore's White Tomb on the islands near Hogwarts, he splits open the coffin and steals the Elder Wand; triumphant he sends green lightning shooting into darks clouds that gather overhead.

why?

Spoiler warning: http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Elder_Wand

To answer your question, In Part 1 of the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, after taking the Elder Wand from Dumbledore's grave, Voldemort casts a powerful lightning-like spell into the sky to test its power. This is when the first Part ends.
what about snape

He gets sexually violated by Mad Eye Moody and cries
question: why are people complaining about spoilers after reading a 50 page long thread about the film? Surely they expect people to talk about the film at some point, right? Fair enough about telling everyone how it ends though...

please don't neg me for saying this, I am genuinely curious..
Original post by Aleeece123

Original post by Aleeece123
question: why are people complaining about spoilers after reading a 50 page long thread about the film? Surely they expect people to talk about the film at some point, right? Fair enough about telling everyone how it ends though...

please don't neg me for saying this, I am genuinely curious..

The people complaining were reading it when it was a separate thread which the mods decided to join onto this thread instead...
Original post by greeneyedgirl
The people complaining were reading it when it was a separate thread which the mods decided to join onto this thread instead...

ahhh that makes sense then, my bad :redface:
Reply 998
It must be so easy to rape people in Hogwarts. :sexface:

:getmecoat:
Reply 999
If you watched carefully, luna's dad was narrating the fairytales of "Beadle the Bard" and one of them was about the "The tale of the 3 Brothers"

"The Tale of the Three Brothers"

The story is about three brothers who, travelling together, reach an impassable river. They make a magical bridge over the river. Halfway across the bridge, they meet the personification of Death who is angry for losing three potential victims. He pretends to be impressed by them and grants each a wish as a reward. The eldest brother asks for an unbeatable duelling wand. The middle brother asks for the ability to resurrect the dead. The youngest brother doesn't trust Death and asks for a way to stop Death from following him. Death gives him his cloak of invisibility. Afterwards, the brothers go their separate ways.

The eldest brother, bragging about his powerful wand, is robbed of it and murdered while he is asleep. The middle brother uses his ability to bring back the woman he loved, who died before he could marry her. However, she is not fully alive and is full of sorrow. He kills himself to join her. As for the youngest brother, Death never manages to find him, as he stays hidden under his cloak. Many years later, the brother removes his cloak and gives it to his son. Pleased with his achievements, he greets Death as an old friend and chooses to leave with him as an equal.

Basically the elder wand is thought to be the most powerful, and can only be won through a wizarding duel. Dumbledore was the owner of it, and Voldermort's went into his graves to get it. Only to realise that Malfoy was the true owner of it as he disarmed dumbledore in the sixth book before he dies....

Quick Reply

Latest