The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2540
Original post by KayteeKaytee
I would say your department have accepted you. You now need to wait for the college to be decided. It's a good sign!

Well that's hopeful! Just glad panic is over after Durham went mental earlier! Do you know how long it ussually takes colleges to decide and then give you a final reply? Just would really love to get into Durham i absolutly adore the look of the course! So just a waiting game now with the college application (St. Aidans)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2541
Original post by Frelsh
Well that's hopeful! Just glad panic is over after Durham went mental earlier! Do you know how long it ussually takes colleges to decide and then give you a final reply? Just would really love to get into Durham i absolutly adore the look of the course! So just a waiting game now with the college application (St. Aidans)

I heard it takes a few days or at the most a week.. but you never know rarely people wait for a few weeks and sometimes you dont get an offer ( but thats really rare only if there's no space for your course and im sure there will be its still early on) well done! :smile:

Btw.. what are you applying for?
Original post by Frelsh

Original post by Frelsh

I'm sure you'll be fine with Aidan's. There's where I was allocated to because Collingwood was full for my subject back in November. What made you pick Aidan's?
Reply 2543
Natural Sciences at Chads
Durham is my 1st choice now
Reply 2544
People who are applying for English - what are your GCSE grades? I'm contemplating applying as I have a spare slot, but I reckon my app will be immediately thrown out as mine aren't very good (no A*s..) :redface:
Original post by Vekeh
People who are applying for English - what are your GCSE grades? I'm contemplating applying as I have a spare slot, but I reckon my app will be immediately thrown out as mine aren't very good (no A*s..) :redface:

I'm not applying for english, but I did recieve an offer with no A*s :smile:
Original post by Noodlzzz

congratulations! :smile: can i ask what you applied for?
Original post by H-a-n-n-a-h
congratulations! :smile: can i ask what you applied for?

Psychology, you are too if I remember?
haha yeah! philosophy and psychology, thought i recognised your name from tsr but couldn't remember where so thought i'd ask
haha yeah! philosophy and psychology, thought i recognised your name from tsr but couldn't remember where so thought i'd ask

Have you head back yet, and which college? :smile:
unfortunately haven't heard yet =( just thinking that at least no response isn't a rejection i guess
optimistically went for Castle, was worth a shot however slim the chances are
what college did you get/what offer did they give? =)
Reply 2551
Original post by Noodlzzz

That's actually really reassuring, thank you! :smile:
Original post by Vekeh
That's actually really reassuring, thank you! :smile:

For English it's a big risk, but they don't just take into account grades...a friend of mine applied this year with mostly A* GCSEs, 4 As at AS and A*A*A* prediction and was rejected, whereas people with lower grades have got offers.

I see you've got an unconditional offer already so you haven't really got anything to lose by applying!
'Received by college' for almost 8 weeks now, yet still no news. FML.
unfortunately haven't heard yet =( just thinking that at least no response isn't a rejection i guess
optimistically went for Castle, was worth a shot however slim the chances are
what college did you get/what offer did they give? =)

I applied for castle but got allocated to St.Cuths (the principle is head of psychology :biggrin:) which was quite lucky as I'm rather fussy about the colleges :P Goodluck!
Reply 2555
Original post by angelmxxx
For English it's a big risk, but they don't just take into account grades...a friend of mine applied this year with mostly A* GCSEs, 4 As at AS and A*A*A* prediction and was rejected, whereas people with lower grades have got offers.

I see you've got an unconditional offer already so you haven't really got anything to lose by applying!

This is pretty much my train of thought. I already have A*A*A at A level so I kinda hope that they balance out my rubbishy GCSEs... I think I'll sit on it until tomorrow, see if I change my mind :tongue:
So I'm not the only one to get a shock today then??!!
SO CONFUSED!! I am now back to 'not being received by a college' from 'decision has been made'. Is this a good thing, or a simple computer error?
Reply 2557
Original post by allbritishgirl
SO CONFUSED!! I am now back to 'not being received by a college' from 'decision has been made'. Is this a good thing, or a simple computer error?

I think it's just a mistake and means nothing.. i was so happy when mine went back.. because it went to 'decision made' before it going to a college so everyone here assumed it was rejection day it happened to so many people dont worry :smile:
Original post by mlsdbk
I think it's just a mistake and means nothing.. i was so happy when mine went back.. because it went to 'decision made' before it going to a college so everyone here assumed it was rejection day it happened to so many people dont worry :smile:

I know, same! I've been just waiting for my UCAS to reject me officially, so although it's frustrating i am so glad it went back too!! Just praying that next time it will be send to a college!!:biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2559
Original post by allbritishgirl

Alternatively there is the possibility that the original college you applied to is already full, where did you apply? Apparantly they send the application via the department to your college of preference and if its full then the college send it back to the department who then send it once more to a second college of their choice. I think then the 'decision made' could have meant there were no spaces available but the department is looking for a college with places available. x

Latest