The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Birmingham and GCSEs

Everyone always talks about how Birmingham is strict with GCSEs when it comes to Medicine but what about other courses? I'm considering English/Philosophy/Political Science there.
I don't think they really focus on them; it's only really fr the ultra competitive courses such as Medicine that they would factor GCSE results into it.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by briebriexo
Everyone always talks about how Birmingham is strict with GCSEs when it comes to Medicine but what about other courses? I'm considering English/Philosophy/Political Science there.

I don't think they are fussy for their other courses. I got an offer last year for International Relations (within the Politics department) with 5A's 5B's 1C at GCSE.
Reply 3
As long as you have the standard 5 Cs or above for the core subjects, they probably won't even look at them.
Original post by briebriexo

I'm doing Geography there next year, and I got an offer even though I got 5 A's, 6 B's and 2 C's at GCSEs (which isn't bad, but not wow amazing). I don't think they're that strict for courses other than medicine :smile:
Reply 5
You need a B in Maths and a B in English, that's university wide. Aside from that, no GCSE requirements.
Reply 6
Original post by SteveDhalai
You need a B in Maths and a B in English, that's university wide. Aside from that, no GCSE requirements.

perfectly said!! B in maths and B in english will open most doors concerning universities.:rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending