The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

I just got a conditional offer for maths of AA, as I already have an A in my maths A-level does this mean I only need one more A?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 701
Original post by Tracey88
Yup, i've got an unconditional :smile:
Do you have an offer too?

Yeah but i got one from the LSE today so im gonna try my best to go there... bristols my backup...
Reply 702
Original post by sideways.smile
I just got a conditional offer for maths of AA, as I already have an A in my maths A-level does this mean I only need one more A?

No, it means your offer's AAA, minus your A already in Maths.
Original post by mishieru07
I have an offer for Law! :smile: (International; got my offer in mid-November). There are home students with law offers too. So don't set too much store by the stated March offer period - you could well get an offer much earlier!

Good luck everyone!

Ahh I heard internationls had but I didn't know home students had. Hopefully means I'll find out fairly soon since I submitted mine aeons ago (or so it feels! :tongue:). Congrats on the offer though :smile: is bristol your first choice?
Reply 704
AAA for politics back in November.
Weirdly, I received the offer while I was in Bristol for a gig...

I will probably firm it when Cambridge finally get round to putting me out of my misery.
Reply 705
Original post by Pheebs1201
Just got an offer for Psychology! AAB :smile:

Well done!!! :biggrin:

Bristol, why do you ignore me?! :smile:
Original post by sideways.smile

Two more A's
Reply 707
Original post by solo443
Yeah but i got one from the LSE today so im gonna try my best to go there... bristols my backup...

Ahh i see...congrats on the LSE offer! :smile: I'm still waiting for a decision from them, not too confident though!
Original post by Noodlzzz
Holy crap you got an AAB offer, insanely jealous! Mind me asking your grades? And of course, congrats :biggrin:

Original post by hayheyley
OMG well done, that's amazing!!! Did they give you any clue as to why it's AAB? You must be so happy! :smile:

I am very pleased it was a pleasant suprise :redface: No they havent suggested why but Im not gonna argue with them :tongue:
Original post by blackpot
Well done!!! :biggrin:

Bristol, why do you ignore me?! :smile:

Thank you! Im sure you'll hear soon :biggrin:
Reply 711
Thank you! Im sure you'll hear soon :biggrin:

I am so insanely jealous....Ive applied for the same thing, hopefully theyl get back to me soon!...and with good news

What were your predicted grades?:smile:
Reply 712
Original post by Laura134
Yikes, I'm also applying for biology... Sent my application off October 13th, haven't been rejected yet so I'm holding on hope.

Do you mind me asking what grades/predictions you have? I'm a little worried because everyone seems to be predicted all A*s and I've been predicted A*AAA... and the A* is in english, not a science subject. I got a B at AS-level maths... which I've kept on this year.

I've been predicted AAB but applied to Bristol anyway since they actually make AAA-AAB offers for Biology. I actually got rejected by them though, probably because my AS's were much lower than that (BBB).
I think your predicted grades are fine. What did you get at AS though? I think whether or not the two match maybe matters more?
Original post by allyk130
I am so insanely jealous....Ive applied for the same thing, hopefully theyl get back to me soon!...and with good news

What were your predicted grades?:smile:

A*AA but that is very optomistic :redface: I have M.E. so my exams can be quite affected haha. Im sure you'll hear soon now the deadline is upon us :tongue:
Original post by writerwho~
Wow well done! (Very jealous :redface:)

Is it your first choice?

To be honest, I totally wasnt expecting an offer so Im now a bit confused as to what my firm is haha! Although now its sunk in a bit I think it probably will be. Fingers crossed Ill see you there in September :P
To be honest, I totally wasnt expecting an offer so Im now a bit confused as to what my firm is haha! Although now its sunk in a bit I think it probably will be. Fingers crossed Ill see you there in September :P

Awh, well done! I reeeally hope I see you there... :s-smilie:
Awh, well done! I reeeally hope I see you there... :s-smilie:

Im sure we will! Is it your top choice?
Im sure we will! Is it your top choice?

Since my rejection from Oxford, Bristol is top! I think I may be aiming pretty high... Where else do you have offers from? :smile:
Since my rejection from Oxford, Bristol is top! I think I may be aiming pretty high... Where else do you have offers from? :smile:

Details are in my sig- everywhere but Cambridge, that was a rejection, never mind :tongue: Just starting to muse over what may be my insurance now... its been a hectic evening! If you were good enough to apply for oxford then you arent aiming high with Bristol- its meant to be "oxbridge rejects" university right? so thats you & me! :wink: its meant to be haha.
Details are in my sig- everywhere but Cambridge, that was a rejection, never mind :tongue: Just starting to muse over what may be my insurance now... its been a hectic evening! If you were good enough to apply for oxford then you arent aiming high with Bristol- its meant to be "oxbridge rejects" university right? so thats you & me! :wink: its meant to be haha.

Sorry I forgot to check the sig! Ahh, I really hope they'll take me as an Oxbridge reject! I love your choices :smile: Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending