The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cherrycola32
i was exactly the same, and in my experience it did get better. It took a while to to be 100% confident with everything and find out where everything is so once I had that sorted I was a lot more comfortable, also once you've made friends its is a million times better!

ahh thank you! thats encouraging lol i was seriously considering quitting the job already :smile:
Reply 7481
Original post by Robbie89
The night shift where I am are usually running around after the store opens to clear everything away.

Which leads me to another point. We're told to only have chilled stuff out for 30 minutes. Yet the night shift seem to ignore this.

The chilled stuff comes in frozen so they can do that.
Reply 7482
Original post by unclerachel
Good luck. I had to phone in sick once when my shift started at 7am, I started phoning at 4am and finally got through a 6:45am. :rolleyes: I didn't get told off as it wasn't my fault no one was manning the phones! I was panicking though

We don't have to talk to anybody when we phone in sick. We just leave a message on the answerphone, which I thought they had to do so that they had a permanent audio record.
Original post by bananaterracottapie
ahh thank you! thats encouraging lol i was seriously considering quitting the job already :smile:

That wouldn't be a bad idea, in all honesty.
Reply 7484
Original post by morris743
That wouldn't be a bad idea, in all honesty.

Depends what department you work in, who you work with, and how badly you need the money.

Really, once you've made some friends, if you're doing an easy-ish job, you can make it pretty fun.
Original post by FXX
Depends what department you work in, who you work with, and how badly you need the money.

Really, once you've made some friends, if you're doing an easy-ish job, you can make it pretty fun.

Checkouts is quite a one way street.
Reply 7486
Checkouts is quite a one way street.

That's true. That's why I don't work on checkouts :wink:
Original post by FXX
That's true. That's why I don't work on checkouts :wink:

Where do you work, if you don't mind me being nosy?
Reply 7488
Where do you work, if you don't mind me being nosy?

Online. Apart from the early starts it's the easiest job in Sainsburys tbh.
Reply 7489
It is quite funny - in an extremely despairing way.....

Regardless of what you think of the company, they are still your employer, and they have rules about how to conduct yourself on the internet - especially when it specifically relates to the company. If anyone from your store saw the post above and reported it to your manager you may be liable to disciplinary action. I recommend you remove the content of that post :P Edit: that seems stroppy, but it wasn't intended to be. Just pre-warning you :P
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7490
Original post by Katie-27
:eek: How'd you do that?!

I'm a first aider. I was just doing my job, but they insisted that I got a shining star for it.
Original post by Foulish
I'm a first aider. I was just doing my job, but they insisted that I got a shining star for it.

Nice Sainsbury's. Which store? ha
Original post by Foulish
Regardless of what you think of the company, they are still your employer, and they have rules about how to conduct yourself on the internet - especially when it specifically relates to the company. If anyone from your store saw the post above and reported it to your manager you may be liable to disciplinary action. I recommend you remove the content of that post :P Edit: that seems stroppy, but it wasn't intended to be. Just pre-warning you :P

Thanks, but I don't work for them anymore :smile:

Seriously thank you though, nice to know there are people looking out for others :smile:
does anyone know what application under review means?

from experience.. i usually get a text the next morning to arrange an interview.
Original post by number-11
does anyone know what application under review means?

from experience.. i usually get a text the next morning to arrange an interview.

In reality it means it's either waiting to be looked at (most likely) or they're reading it right now (unlikely). A decision will come shortly enough, don't worry.
Reply 7495
My application is sill under review even though I've been employed for over 2.5 years :tongue:
Original post by FXX
My application is sill under review even though I've been employed for over 2.5 years :tongue:

lolz, this is all you need to know number-11 :wink:
i moan about work but its not that bad, just when youre feeling overworked you have the tendency to complain more
Please can anybody advise me on holiday pay. I've still got 50 hours to use up for this year. Basically I know nothing about holiday pay, how much is it? Also, could I book it some of it off but still work and get paid more for it?

Thanks
Original post by drakesdrum
Please can anybody advise me on holiday pay. I've still got 50 hours to use up for this year. Basically I know nothing about holiday pay, how much is it? Also, could I book it some of it off but still work and get paid more for it?

Thanks

holiday pay is the same as your usual pay. you might be able to work it if they are short staffed or something,but is pretty unlikely, ask your manager!

Latest