The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3260
Someone reccommend me some apps!
Hey, recently, I've been getting really annoyed because my internal storage keeps on getting low. Is there any way to make it such that I can move ALL of my apps over to my SD card or something, or is there something that is causing me to run out of storage so fast?
Original post by Yawn11
Someone reccommend me some apps!

VEVO!!!!

also:

whatsapp
engadget
rockplayer
IMDB
last.fm
dropbox
guardian anywhere
tumblr
xda developers
evernote
astro
barcode scanner
Gmote
Wifinder
Android system info
my backup pro
BBC news
documents to go

games:
speedx 3D
math workout
doodle dash
doodle jump
Blow up
Alchemy
Papertoss

Just check them out on the market place for their descriptions.

You chose RIGHT, going with android ! :biggrin:
Reply 3263
Original post by ?!master?!mini?!
VEVO!!!!

also:

whatsapp
engadget
rockplayer
IMDB
last.fm
dropbox
guardian anywhere
tumblr
evernote
astro
barcode scanner
Gmote
Wifinder
Android system info
my backup pro
BBC news
documents to go

games:
speedx 3D
math workout
doodle dash
doodle jump
Blow up
Alchemy
Papertoss

Thannks man! Much appreciated i'll check em out. Didnt even know vevo was on android how awesome!
Original post by ?!master?!mini?!
VEVO!!!!

also:

whatsapp
engadget
rockplayer
IMDB
last.fm
dropbox
guardian anywhere
tumblr
xda developers
evernote
astro
barcode scanner
Gmote
Wifinder
Android system info
my backup pro
BBC news
documents to go

games:
speedx 3D
math workout
doodle dash
doodle jump
Blow up
Alchemy
Papertoss

which ones are free!? Cheers! :biggrin:
Original post by JChoudhry
Hey, recently, I've been getting really annoyed because my internal storage keeps on getting low. Is there any way to make it such that I can move ALL of my apps over to my SD card or something, or is there something that is causing me to run out of storage so fast?

Which phone have you got, As far as I know, I think it's only the newer phones can do it. I'm constantly running out of internal storage on my mobile, so constantly have to delete apps to make room.
Original post by Ducklighter
Which phone have you got, As far as I know, I think it's only the newer phones can do it. I'm constantly running out of internal storage on my mobile, so constantly have to delete apps to make room.

:rant: This is really annoying! I've got the desire. Please tell me it's the newer phone lmao :biggrin:
:rant: This is really annoying! I've got the desire. Please tell me it's the newer phone lmao :biggrin:

I don't know, maybe. Umm if you go into settings -> SD and phone storage maybe it says something there. I would ask my brother who has that phone (however he's very anti technology and knows nothing about the phone).

Edit: Crazy length but I found this, if this is of any help. - > http://www.htcdesireforum.com/htc-desire-how-to/answer-to-how-to-install-apps-to-the-sd-card-by-default-on-android-2-2-froyo/
(edited 13 years ago)
I don't know, maybe. Umm if you go into settings -> SD and phone storage maybe it says something there. I would ask my brother who has that phone (however he's very anti technology and knows nothing about the phone).

Edit: Crazy length but I found this, if this is of any help. - > http://www.htcdesireforum.com/htc-desire-how-to/answer-to-how-to-install-apps-to-the-sd-card-by-default-on-android-2-2-froyo/

Thanks soo much! I'll try that tomorrow morning! :hugs:
Reply 3269
I've finally realized how to swype text. it's bloody awesome! And fast once you get the hang of it.
Original post by Yawn11
I've finally realized how to swype text. it's bloody awesome! And fast once you get the hang of it.

Swype text? Explain more. Do you mean with using swift keyboard?
Reply 3271
Swype text? Explain more. Do you mean with using swift keyboard?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L52tiMlzKKo

That's how I'm writing this.
Original post by Yawn11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L52tiMlzKKo

That's how I'm writing this.

Ahh oh yeah. I had that ages ago. Didn't really enjoy it after a while.
Anyone got the new Nexus S yet? Just wanted to know people's first impressions on it. I'm switching from an Iphone 4 to this model.
Reply 3274

You could root your phone and move them all over to the SD card, or go into settings --> Applications --> Manage Applications and see which ones are taking the most space and seeing if it's possible to move them to the SD card. A lot of HTC phones have >1GB worth of storage on the actual phone so you can run out of space pretty quickly. The Desire only has 512mb worth of storage.
Reply 3275
Ahh oh yeah. I had that ages ago. Didn't really enjoy it after a while.

I'm guessing you had problems adjusting? It's fast man!
Original post by Yawn11
I'm guessing you had problems adjusting? It's fast man!

umm probably. I can't really remember why I didn't get on with it now. I can't even seem to use stock HTC keyboard now. I bought swift keyboard and now I barely type any letters it just guesses all the words as to which I used the most etc. Really handy :smile:
Reply 3277
umm probably. I can't really remember why I didn't get on with it now. I can't even seem to use stock HTC keyboard now. I bought swift keyboard and now I barely type any letters it just guesses all the words as to which I used the most etc. Really handy :smile:

I didn't know htc could use it as well. But yeah I think you're talking about text prediction pretty useful indeed. :biggrin:
Original post by Yawn11
I didn't know htc could use it as well. But yeah I think you're talking about text prediction pretty useful indeed. :biggrin:

Yup. :biggrin: HTC can use everything.
If you want to check out SwiftKey - http://www.swiftkey.net/what-is-swiftkey.html there's the link and you can also see predictive text :smile:

Thankfully, I brought it when it had a promo on and got the app for something silly like 69p *smug*
Reply 3279
Yup. :biggrin: HTC can use everything.
If you want to check out SwiftKey - http://www.swiftkey.net/what-is-swiftkey.html there's the link and you can also see predictive text :smile:

Thankfully, I brought it when it had a promo on and got the app for something silly like 69p *smug*

Yeah well... Mine was already on the phone so... Yeah take that! :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending