The Student Room Group

F332 salters exam chemistry!

Hey everyone! was just wondering if anyone else is re doing the F332 salters chem exam in jan and what they think we might be asked on for the advanced notice question. I did SO badly in it last time!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by stargirll
Hey everyone! was just wondering if anyone else is re doing the F332 salters chem exam in jan and what they think we might be asked on for the advanced notice question. I did SO badly in it last time!!

What is the advanced notice question? A paper released prior to the exam or sutin?
Reply 2
Original post by Hanz_a93
What is the advanced notice question? A paper released prior to the exam or sutin?

Exactly :smile: i'm awful at prediciting what might come up and our chem teachers off so i don't have any idea what to revise for it :confused:
Reply 3
Exactly :smile: i'm awful at prediciting what might come up and our chem teachers off so i don't have any idea what to revise for it :confused:

well Ive been through a couple of past papers and ive noticed that atleast 15marks are based on questions about the atmosphere etc...kind of easy marks to pick up tbh. I haven't done any F332 exams yet so you cant really take my word for it, its just my mere opinion. Btw do the advanced notice papers help you with the F332 paper or sutin? whats its purpose?
Reply 4
well Ive been through a couple of past papers and ive noticed that atleast 15marks are based on questions about the atmosphere etc...kind of easy marks to pick up tbh. I haven't done any F332 exams yet so you cant really take my word for it, its just my mere opinion. Btw do the advanced notice papers help you with the F332 paper or sutin? whats its purpose?

yeah, atmospheres deffo worth revising! are you doing salters B chem too? the advance notice article is an article that you have to read before the exam and then they can ask you random stuff on it that ypu have to kind of know or beable to fathem out the answers based on what you've learnt.. but i always get the wrong end of the stick :colondollar:
Reply 5
yeah, atmospheres deffo worth revising! are you doing salters B chem too? the advance notice article is an article that you have to read before the exam and then they can ask you random stuff on it that ypu have to kind of know or be able to fathem out the answers based on what you've learnt.. but i always get the wrong end of the stick :colondollar:

lol yep im doing ocr b as well...unfortunately :frown:
Erm just do some research on the advanced article or learn it inside out or something so you can secure 20 marks.. i've also noticed that around 6-10marks are based on bonding...inter molecular etc easy marks. so yeah just make sure you know your atmospheres, bonding and advanced article that'l like secure you around 40marks..n jus get 20/30 more marks to get ur a/b grade. Gd luck x :smile:
Reply 6
lol yep im doing ocr b as well...unfortunately :frown:
Erm just do some research on the advanced article or learn it inside out or something so you can secure 20 marks.. i've also noticed that around 6-10marks are based on bonding...inter molecular etc easy marks. so yeah just make sure you know your atmospheres, bonding and advanced article that'l like secure you around 40marks..n jus get 20/30 more marks to get ur a/b grade. Gd luck x :smile:

thanks for the advice :biggrin: if i notice anything else i'll let you know! xxx
Reply 7
Does anyone know if the noise that the smog chamber makes has any significance?
Reply 8
can someone post me all past papers wwith mark schemes PLZ!
I'm doing it too!!
Original post by Rei5
can someone post me all past papers wwith mark schemes PLZ!

I've got all the papers and markschemes from Jan 05 to Jan 10. I can't seem to find the Jun 2010. I'll post them later today
http://www.4shared.com/file/mbfu8nky/F332.html

This has the papers and mark schemes from Jan 02 to Jan 10
Good Luck!!
Reply 12
Thanx 4 the papas do you by any chance have the f332 june 2010 paper?
Original post by Snelly123
Thanx 4 the papas do you by any chance have the f332 june 2010 paper?

I cant seem to find it ANYWHERE!!!
Reply 14
does anywun hav the mark scheme for the f332 exam that was in jan 2011
Reply 15
oh i luved that paper, got full marks!!!!i dont mind answering any questions on it if any1 needs help!
Reply 16
Original post by Snelly123
oh i luved that paper, got full marks!!!!i dont mind answering any questions on it if any1 needs help!

omg full marks? seriously?
Care to share some tips :smile:

How did you get full marks...did you do tons of past papers or something? And btw which text book did you revise from? Is using the red CGP revision guide any good because i soley depend on it for my revision because its so compact n all!

Oh and btw how do i prepare for the advance notice?? Ive made some predicitions of what questions may come up...

I really need to get 75marks+ on this paper to get an A overall since i did so badly my cw got 43/60! :frown:

Sooo pleassee help me out heree thanksss :smile:
Reply 17
is everyone writing notes on things from chemical ideas? At the moment I'm doing ES and it seems pointless learning all about the "Lowest point on Earth" etc!!
Reply 18
Original post by bertiejess
is everyone writing notes on things from chemical ideas? At the moment I'm doing ES and it seems pointless learning all about the "Lowest point on Earth" etc!!

I havnt even touched chemical ideas book... i dont think its even relavent except for the developing fuels module probably..
Reply 19
I havnt even touched chemical ideas book... i dont think its even relavent except for the developing fuels module probably..

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending