The Student Room Group

Drama School/University Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
OH! and if you want a good acting course: the actor musicians are very talented performers (including all the other courses as well!)
Original post by FluffyLion

That help? :smile:

Yes, thanks :smile: Although it's probably too late, I'll email the uni anyway. Worth a try :rolleyes:
Reply 202
Original post by chompers
Haha, that's good! did they say when they'd let you know by? xx

Nope they didn't, but it says on the website it can be several weeks... :smile: the Gregg Fisher gave me his E-mail if i needed to ask anything though, so i shall think of a couple more things to ask him and then Email awaaaay and find out ^.^ :biggrin: xx
HI GUYS

I've applied to do various Drama/ Acting courses at these uni's:

Falmouth - Theatre
Manchester Mat - Acting
Bath Spa - Performing Arts
Roehampton - Drama, Theatre and Performance studies
Saint Mary's - Applied Theatre

Anyone else applied to these? and have you heard anything yet? so far I've had an audition at bath spa, one and manchester met (and have a re-call one coming up there), had an offer from Roehampton, and got an audition coming up at Saint Mary's...

Would love any advise/ info if anyone else has similar stuff going oooon :smile:
:smile:
Reply 204
Original post by Rich!!
Nope they didn't, but it says on the website it can be several weeks... :smile: the Gregg Fisher gave me his E-mail if i needed to ask anything though, so i shall think of a couple more things to ask him and then Email awaaaay and find out ^.^ :biggrin: xx

Ahh okay, fair enoughhh... just let me know when you hear from them!!
Yeah, he did the same with me and another :smile:
xx
Drama Centre London for Directing (BA). Anyone else here the same? Even if you're applying for acting? :smile:

Will apply for RADA, too.
Reply 206
Original post by chompers
Ahh okay, fair enoughhh... just let me know when you hear from them!!
Yeah, he did the same with me and another :smile:
xx

I will do :smile: let me know if you hear anything too (if you havent already) :smile: juuust about to send the email :biggrin: xx
Reply 207
i have a interview UCAS day thing at exeter in a few days, just wondering if anyone had had one already and could tell me what sorta thing happens? i'm a little nervous!! thank you :smile:
Reply 208
http://zayneschool.blogspot.com/2011/01/good-bad-and-ugly.html

New chapter/postin my blog, including my success in making the final stage at acting for CENTRAL :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Just got my letter through inviting me to a third round at RADA. Can't stop thinking about it! anybody had a third round yet? what happens? anyone get RADA places yet?
Reply 210
Original post by Rich!!
I will do :smile: let me know if you hear anything too (if you havent already) :smile: juuust about to send the email :biggrin: xx

Okie dokie, i will!!! :smile:

I'll warn you now - he may not reply :P i've had a few slip by, where I've then had to like nudge him a bit for an answer or whatever! xx
Original post by Lauracrocker
Just got my letter through inviting me to a third round at RADA. Can't stop thinking about it! anybody had a third round yet? what happens? anyone get RADA places yet?

I did rada's third round last year, we had to do some sight-reading, present new speeches and say it to each other and we also were given some shakespeare was about 3 hours long, are you only applying to rada? I'd seriously advise you to apply to other schools as well to give yourself the best chance of gaining a place at drama school, they cut a lot of applicants off at the the third stage and I mean a lot, last year nobody in my workshop group got through to the fourth stage and everybody was amazing, all the big schools are really competitive so it's a best you apply to a few of them, if you can afford it - if not best wishes and try to enjoy yourself and that goes to anybody at the recall stages.

for the popular schools excluding central and drama centre (beucase they are ucas based), you'll have to wait till about june/july because they want to attention everybody who applys before making a choice, i.e bristol, rada, lamda etc...
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Respect4Acting
I did rada's third round last year, we had to do some sight-reading, present new speeches and say it to each other and we also were given some shakespeare was about 3 hours long, are you only applying to rada? I'd seriously advise you to apply to other schools as well to give yourself the best chance of gaining a place at drama school, they cut a lot of applicants off at the the third stage and I mean a lot, last year nobody in my workshop group got through to the fourth stage and everybody was amazing, all the big schools are really competitive so it's a best you apply to a few of them, if you can afford it - if not best wishes and try to enjoy yourself and that goes to anybody at the recall stages.

for the popular schools excluding central and drama centre (beucase they are ucas based), you'll have to wait till about june/july because they want to attention everybody who applys before making a choice, i.e bristol, rada, lamda etc...

I have already got a degree from Rose Bruford in American Theatre Arts and I've been out and working in the industry since 2008. I always wanted to go to RADA but never applied as I only applied to Rose Bruford. Over the past few years I have wanted it more and more but I realise that I'm not getting any younger so this is my one go at it so I don't look back and say 'what if?' I ended up working at RADA in 2008 for a term with a theatre company doing a project with second years and it only made me like it more. I realise that the chances of getting through are slim but I feel like i should at least try. I'd be really interested to know how many applicants get cut at each stage etc. I know about 3000 apply every year. Are you at drama school?
Like a lot of people, I have been scanning through this thread and the previous one reading everything has been posting and now I decided to come and post something of my very own! I used to be a student nurse but I've recently had a big chance of mind! Acting is something that I've been doing on and off since I was about fourteen, but never thought I was good enough for drama schools due to bullying and what not! Now, I want to follow my dream and try out!

I've done amateur theatre, couple of student films, a BTEC National Diploma and drama lessons locally, but nothing amazing! Is 24 too late to start 'doing the rounds'? xD
Original post by LabyrinthWonder
Drama Centre London for Directing (BA). Anyone else here the same? Even if you're applying for acting? :smile:

Will apply for RADA, too.

Got a Directing (BA) Interview on the 8th of March :smile:
I interviewed for the BA Directing at Drama Centre both in 2009 (final 10) and last year, so if anyone has questions about the process feel free to ask. I'm currently at CSSD on the BATP Performance Arts Strand, so any questions about Central or the course then fire away!
Original post by TheWrockStar
Like a lot of people, I have been scanning through this thread and the previous one reading everything has been posting and now I decided to come and post something of my very own! I used to be a student nurse but I've recently had a big chance of mind! Acting is something that I've been doing on and off since I was about fourteen, but never thought I was good enough for drama schools due to bullying and what not! Now, I want to follow my dream and try out!

I've done amateur theatre, couple of student films, a BTEC National Diploma and drama lessons locally, but nothing amazing! Is 24 too late to start 'doing the rounds'? xD

It's potentially a bit late in the year to apply (although it can't hurt to email any institutions you're interested in!), but 24 isn't too late at all! As long as you have the enthusiasm, some knowledge, and skills, you'll be fine! It would be worth getting involved in as much theatre as you can, in whatever way, either in local theatre or workshops or maybe even local schools? I know that my old school is more than happy to take on people if they get in touch, so it might be worth a try there! Have you had any thoughts on where you might want to go, and what sort of course you're looking for? Presumably a performance course?
Original post by FluffyLion
It's potentially a bit late in the year to apply (although it can't hurt to email any institutions you're interested in!), but 24 isn't too late at all! As long as you have the enthusiasm, some knowledge, and skills, you'll be fine! It would be worth getting involved in as much theatre as you can, in whatever way, either in local theatre or workshops or maybe even local schools? I know that my old school is more than happy to take on people if they get in touch, so it might be worth a try there! Have you had any thoughts on where you might want to go, and what sort of course you're looking for? Presumably a performance course?

I figured I'd be too late as I remember the UCAS due date was yesterday! xD I've been doing a lot of local theatre and am thinking of taking an acting exam to get myself an extra qualification if I don't get in this year! An acting/drama course is the thing I was looking at! I think because acting has so many young starters, I felt a bit intimidated! Maybe my age will work out for me?

I was hoping to get anywhere that will have me, to be honest! I did look at Central and the usual drama schools, but I was thinking at looking at universities this year too. I'm just crossing my fingers that I can apply to some other places that have a later deadline or turn up in Clearing!

What was your old school if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 218
I figured I'd be too late as I remember the UCAS due date was yesterday! xD I've been doing a lot of local theatre and am thinking of taking an acting exam to get myself an extra qualification if I don't get in this year! An acting/drama course is the thing I was looking at! I think because acting has so many young starters, I felt a bit intimidated! Maybe my age will work out for me?

I was hoping to get anywhere that will have me, to be honest! I did look at Central and the usual drama schools, but I was thinking at looking at universities this year too. I'm just crossing my fingers that I can apply to some other places that have a later deadline or turn up in Clearing!

Can still apply for Bristol, Lamda, Mountview, Rada, Guildhall, Oxford school of drama.. do research on CDS schools, only the UCAS schools have deadlines.

your age is fine.

The UCAS deadline isn't the be-all and end-all, if I remember rightly. If you email the unis and schools, then sometimes they'll be willing to take later applications, either cause they're nice or they've not had the usual uptake of applicants. If you're wanting an acting course, rather than a drama course, take a look at the drama schools rather than unis - think about Birmingham School of Acting, Central, LIPA...

My old school was Loughborough Grammar school, but a lot of schools I imagine would be willing to take on someone! It will almost definitely not be paid, but if you sell yourself as an interesting person, who will give as much as take, then they'll be interested in you! Try local colleges and sixth forms rather than secondary schools, because they'll be more likely to allow someone to help, just cause of child protection and stuff. You'll also need to allow them to do a CRB check, just to make sure you're not a registered paedo :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending