The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queen's University, Belfast 2011 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by crooney

Original post by crooney
Do you mind me asking what your grades are like? and ukcat?

hey no problem at all buddy!
i got 3 A's in A2 n 5 A's in AS... n 660 in UKCAT... hw bwt u?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Hey i think i got on a bit late for this,
Im applying for Aerospace Engineering and have an offer for BBB.
Anyone else out there? Anyone from Methody on this?
Reply 62
I was going to apply for Aerospace Engineering but opted for Electrical Engineering.

The engineering facilities at Queens are excellent. Some very expensive equipment down stairs were the likes of you will be working on Aerospace related tasks. They have a water jet cutting machine which Ive never seen before. Shoots the water out faster than the speed of sound, can cut through numerous materials, awsome. Maybe see you about this september. All the Electrics, Computer Science and Aerospace is held in the ashley building up the street from Queens. Big white building about 10 floors high!

Dave
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by crooney

Original post by crooney
Do you mind me asking what your grades are like? and ukcat?

hey... no problem at all..
Got
5 A's in AS
3 A's in A2
9 A*'s GCSE
700 UKCAT...
hw bwt u?
Offer for English Lit (:
The letter states I need ABB though yet in the prospectus it states ABB/BBB.
Rather confused, will have to phone.
Original post by Anastasia.Sy
Offer for English Lit (:
The letter states I need ABB though yet in the prospectus it states ABB/BBB.
Rather confused, will have to phone.

I'm sure I read that the BBB is with a fourth b at AS level. But they've offered you ABB as they feel you can get it :smile: What were your predictions?

Oh, and congrats!
Anyone else applied to Queen's from England? Got a conditional for Human Biology:biggrin: Very excited as I loved it there when I visted although the idea of having to travel by plane/ferry with ALL MY STUFF is horrible and expensive. Plus, I'm concerned about social life there, as the majority of students are Irish, thus living at home. I hear Elms Village gets quite over the duration of the weekend :frown:
Quiet* :colondollar:
Original post by gravitywontgetyouhigh
Anyone else applied to Queen's from England? Got a conditional for Human Biology:biggrin: Very excited as I loved it there when I visted although the idea of having to travel by plane/ferry with ALL MY STUFF is horrible and expensive. Plus, I'm concerned about social life there, as the majority of students are Irish, thus living at home. I hear Elms Village gets quite over the duration of the weekend :frown:

Applied from England n'all :smile:
Applied from england :3 for zoology - BBB/BBCb, conditional ^_^
Original post by metro2610
Applied from England n'all :smile:

wagwan:redface: what have you applied for?
Original post by Just_looking_for_help

yay:smile: what's your means of travelling over there if you get accepted? I have far too much to fit into a suitcase, so ferry will most likely be my option!
wagwan:redface: what have you applied for?

Applied for English :cool:

How is it then? Haven't been to look around yet.
Applied for English :cool:

How is it then? Haven't been to look around yet.

Ohh well done:tongue:
The uni? It's amazing!! I maybe a little biased about NI as I've visted family there ever since I can remember, so sort like my second home. The area surrounding the uni is okay-ish' a bit rough looking to be honest :colondollar: although when you go further into the centre (like 10/15 minutes walk) it's much better! some beautiful buildings and great shopping centre, and of course plenty of pubs :rolleyes:

I'm torn over Queen's and Liverpool!
Originally Posted by Just_looking_for_help

yay what's your means of travelling over there if you get accepted? I have far too much to fit into a suitcase, so ferry will most likely be my option!

I've no idea at all, you say you've got family there right? I thought about buying what I need for uni seperately and then just keeping it there if I could, so I could just take cheaper plane rides back home when I need to but i'm yet to find anywhere to keep it ^^' Ferries are massively expensive about 300 a pop and that's without fuel and such to get there :tee:
The uni? It's amazing!! I maybe a little biased about NI as I've visted family there ever since I can remember, so sort like my second home. The area surrounding the uni is okay-ish' a bit rough looking to be honest :colondollar: although when you go further into the centre (like 10/15 minutes walk) it's much better! some beautiful buildings and great shopping centre, and of course plenty of pubs :rolleyes:

Ahh I see! Gonna have to go have a look for myself then :smile: Sounds decent enough though, cheers.

And depending on how this January's resits go, my insurance will either be Belfast or Liverpool I think. Glasgow's the goal, same as last year!

You been up to Liverpool yet?
Reply 76

Really, what area did you think was rough? (obviously you're entitled to your opinion:smile: ) The Malone Rd/Lisburn Rd are both really nice and notorious for being expensive. Although I will agree that some of the side streets branching off from Queens aren't the prettiest but then thats the same in most cities (:
Ahh I see! Gonna have to go have a look for myself then :smile: Sounds decent enough though, cheers.

And depending on how this January's resits go, my insurance will either be Belfast or Liverpool I think. Glasgow's the goal, same as last year!

You been up to Liverpool yet?

Glasgow? Applying everywhere! :P Yeah, I went to Liverpool back in December for an interview. Was lovely there, and I can just imagine the night life to be amazingggg!
Original post by Amy124
Really, what area did you think was rough? (obviously you're entitled to your opinion:smile: ) The Malone Rd/Lisburn Rd are both really nice and notorious for being expensive. Although I will agree that some of the side streets branching off from Queens aren't the prettiest but then thats the same in most cities (:

When I visited me and my Mum stayed in the Holiday Inn (classy, I know:P) and the area surrounding wasn't too pleasant! Smashed windows/run down houses/ very derelict etc. Although I do come from a very little village, so anything city-ish is going to be viewed differently. Though without doubt, it is a beautiful city and university.
Are you applying/a current student?
Reply 79
When I visited me and my Mum stayed in the Holiday Inn (classy, I know:P) and the area surrounding wasn't too pleasant! Smashed windows/run down houses/ very derelict etc. Although I do come from a very little village, so anything city-ish is going to be viewed differently. Though without doubt, it is a beautiful city and university.
Are you applying/a current student?

I lived right round the corner from (a) Holiday Inn for 2 years :ahee: (the one on University Street).

the flats are even worse inside than they look outside, we had some fungal growth at one point. there are nice places to live too though, some MORONS just live in squalor because they're lazy/cheap :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending