The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Information Management for Business applicants/offer holders

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hi, I am an international student and a mature student studying King's College London foundation course.
I applied for this course, and am waiting for the offer !
I am not sure whether I can get into it.
But I hope to go to UCL !!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 61
got an interview on the 26th! :smile:
Reply 62
16th of February. Also, I don't think they are informal interviews... Don't attend, don't get an offer is the sentiment I received from the email. Good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by Aaron.F
16th of February. Also, I don't think they are informal interviews... Don't attend, don't get an offer is the sentiment I received from the email. Good luck everyone :smile:

You do have to attend to get an offer.. but this has been the same in previous years, where the interviews are somewhat informal. Previously they've been group interviews with the generic 'Why do you want to study here?' question and a questionnaire.. and I'm pretty sure it'll be similar this year. :smile:
Reply 64
Congrats on your interview dates!

Hopefully see some of you next year! (going to firm UCL over LSE :smile: )
Reply 65
Original post by jamz0770

I think I've asked this before but can't remember the answer now! But, what did most people/you wear to the interviews? I'm thinking suit minus the tie at the moment, as it's better to be too smart, than too casual.. :rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 66
Original post by Booom
You do have to attend to get an offer.. but this has been the same in previous years, where the interviews are somewhat informal. Previously they've been group interviews with the generic 'Why do you want to study here?' question and a questionnaire.. and I'm pretty sure it'll be similar this year. :smile:

Surely that can't be the case if they give everyone who got the predicted grades an interview? That makes it pointless to even have an interview at all lol.
Reply 67
Original post by Aaron.F
Surely that can't be the case if they give everyone who got the predicted grades an interview? That makes it pointless to even have an interview at all lol.

Yeah it does seem relatively pointless, hah. I don't think everyone who has the grades gets an interview though? :smile:
Reply 68
Original post by Booom
Yeah it does seem relatively pointless, hah. I don't think everyone who has the grades gets an interview though? :smile:

That's what UCL have said. I'm going to take it like it's the final hurdle anyway :smile:.
Reply 69
Original post by Booom
I think I've asked this before but can't remember the answer now! But, what did most people/you wear to the interviews? I'm thinking suit minus the tie at the moment, as it's better to be too smart, than too casual.. :rolleyes:

It ranged from jeans and a t-shirt (One guy was wearing board shorts too I swear :confused:) to a full suit. I went for a full suit and tie but then I wore that to my school everyday so it seemed pretty normal to me. If I were you I'd wear a shirt and trousers with some smart(ish) shoes or smarter but its upto you. I read interview and assumed smart clothes.

I'm helping out with the interview day on the 9th of February so I won't see any of you guys but I think a couple of my mates are helping on the dates you've got so you might see them (They're alright but their tour wont be as good as mine :wink: was thinking might just take my group to the union for half an hour :p: *Jokes*)

As for the interviews, Yes you do have to attend to get an offer, or have a good reason why you didn't and yes they are not an "Interview" as such but they are useful. UCL/IMB learns the type of people it will have next year and you guys get to ask as many questions as you like, learn more about the course and a nice tour of UCL :wink:
Reply 70
Hi,
Ive just got an interview for this course at UCL for the 23rd Febuary and was wondering does anyone know what to expect at the interview?
Like the sorts of questions that will be asked? is it a group interview?
Thanks
Reply 71
Original post by adutta
Hi,
Ive just got an interview for this course at UCL for the 23rd Febuary and was wondering does anyone know what to expect at the interview?
Thanks

Last year it was a group interview asking about why you want to do the course, what you can bring etc. It had a presentation about the course, a tour given by a current IMB student and a questionaire thing at the end about why UCL should pick you. Its not that formal but isn't totally casual either :smile:
Reply 72
Thank You!

So they dont ask anything like whats going on in the news at the moment or anything about business affairs going on in the world today and stuff like that?

Its just the interview sounds very straight forward for such a prestigious university. You would almost expect an interview similar to thos at oxford or cambridge!
Reply 73
Original post by adutta
Hi,
Thanks

wow! me too. I have an interview on the same day @ 1.30. and am in the same boat as you. absolutely have no idea what to expect or what questions to even ask (if to make myself look smart. lol)
Reply 74
Original post by adutta
Thank You!

So they dont ask anything like whats going on in the news at the moment or anything about business affairs going on in the world today and stuff like that?

Its just the interview sounds very straight forward for such a prestigious university. You would almost expect an interview similar to thos at oxford or cambridge!

Afraid I can only say what I was interviewed on last year, applications are tighter this year so who knows what they will do but I wouldn't expect it to be too formal, but don't expect to walk in collect an offer and then go either.

And Oxford? Last time I saw them they were ranked 6th In the world or something? This is UCL were talking about :wink:
Reply 75
Original post by olay92

Original post by olay92
wow! me too. I have an interview on the same day @ 1.30. and am in the same boat as you. absolutely have no idea what to expect or what questions to even ask (if to make myself look smart. lol)

well im trying to change my date at the moment because im actually going to be abroad so im hoping they give me another date!
Reply 76
Good luck with that!
Reply 77
Im currently waiting for a reply from UCL, IMB course. Does anyone think I can get an offer, given that I never did IT at school; didn't do it for GCSE. Furthermore, I did Geography at aslevel with current English, Mathematics and Economics alevels? :s-smilie:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 78
hey! i am year 12 student currently studying in a very well known private all girls school. i am currently a guinea pig as i am doing the new cammbridge pre u course . my principal subjects are Economics,Maths,Geography along with thecompulsory GPR. I might pick up AS photography in my UVI year.
I want to study Management at uni.
i was thinking information management at ucl
i was wondering...
1) do i need an ICT gcse or Alevel ICT to qualify for this course?
i didn't do ICT gcse. i did Maths, Eng, Englit, French,Spanish, Geography, Science,
Add Science, Drama and RS
2) what are the normal offers?
3) what do peoples gcse grades look ilke for this course?
(i got 1A*(RS), 8As ,1B(englit) not great but ok)
4) what could help me stand out?
at school i do Leiths, young enterprise, gold duke of edinburgh, peer support,
im on the house commiteee, i did bronze dofe,i do two grade 7 speech and
drama,I am head of my tutor group. i was social prefect at my old school, head
of year too.
5) what do u think the grade offers for 2012 applicants will look like?
i think i am likely to get Geography-A Economics- B Maths-A/B

PLEASE HELP ME! ANYONE
especially those who have been accepted into this course, currently studying this course, wanting to study this course, etc.
THANK YOU X
Reply 79
Original post by Fortunatus
Im currently waiting for a reply from UCL, IMB course. Does anyone think I can get an offer, given that I never did IT at school; didn't do it for GCSE. Furthermore, I did Geography at aslevel with current English, Mathematics and Economics alevels? :s-smilie:

i have this exact query , but im an applicant for 2012.
hopefully it doesn't matter. what were your gcses like? and alveoli predicted grades?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending