The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alim1312
AES changed to: 'has been received by a college' yesterday... I know loads and loads of people have been asking this, but it won't take them too long to make a decision will it? I applied for philosophy at Chad's!

oooh when did you submit your application?- mine still just says recieved by department but not by college booo :frown:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by alexcs
Got into St. Cuthberts!!! (I think... it has appeared on my AES although haven't heard via UCAS yet!). Happy daysssssssss!

CONGRATS! :smile:

How long between hearing of your offer and hearing of your college?
Original post by Ahmed.23
Ah..cool!! Must be fun travellling and stuff!! hehe
Ive applied for Economics at Warwick Bristol LSE(rejected) Oxford (rejected)

Where have u applied ? for??

ooh yea! I loved Warwick when I visited but they didn't do Anthropology :frown:

I've applied to Durham (obviously, being on this thread. offer but no college yet), St Andrews, Exeter, Oxford(rejected), and Sussex(offer).

I've also applied to McGill and will apply to UBC in Canada but really thats a little bit for ****s and giggles. They ask for much lower points in the IB and so I figured I'd go for it and see what happened.
The UK is far more likely though as I wouldn't be an International student.
Original post by jroy9
Well done!!:smile: What did you apply for if I can ask?

BEng engineering :smile:
Original post by kristinaalovesu

Original post by kristinaalovesu
How come I've seen threads here relating to something like that?
I hope not, I don't want that to happen ever. :s-smilie:

And congrats!

I think there's some confusion between what people see on AES (which seems to have gone a bit mad yesterday) and an official UCAS offer. They can change your AES status as much as they like, but once a UCAS offer is made, they can't reverse it unless they found out something to change their opinion - like you lied on your application about something important.
Reply 2605
I just applied to Durham! I had a space on my UCAS and since its the deadline I figured, why not?

I applied for Natural Sciences at St Johns. (: Don't suppose anyone knows how religious it it? I'm not really of any faith but the religious spect doesn't seem to be the main thing.
Original post by samcocum
My one changed to 'has been received by a college' (for Mphys) and i sent it off on 2nd november, also another kid at our school (Mphys) who sent it off for oxbridge deadline got an offer early jan, make of it what you will

Yeah I know... lots of offers have gone out but I've also seen a fair few rejections. The fact they haven't rejected me yet gives me some hope I get to be part of the lucky 125 :smile:
Reply 2607
Original post by Lulope
I just applied to Durham! I had a space on my UCAS and since its the deadline I figured, why not?

I applied for Natural Sciences at St Johns. (: Don't suppose anyone knows how religious it it? I'm not really of any faith but the religious spect doesn't seem to be the main thing.

Oh no don't worry.. there's a mixture of religions there and even atheists! The whole christian thing is how the college historically was.. St. Johns just has this 'caring' atmosphere which they say is left over from the christian ethos.
Reply 2608
Original post by mlsdbk
Oh no don't worry.. there's a mixture of religions there and even atheists! The whole christian thing is how the college historically was.. St. Johns just has this 'caring' atmosphere which they say is left over from the christian ethos.

That's what I was hoping for (:
Original post by flywithemma
I got a letter from Hatfield yesterday confirming that I have an offer from them to study history :smile:

however I don't think I'm going to firm it, due to (seriously unexpected) Oxford application success, and also, Durham is tooooo close to home. Although it really is lovely. and Hatfield was so pretty!

I also got a letter from Hatfield for History! Do you think you'll even go on the open day thing? (I probably will, although Cambridge is without doubt going to be my firm... but then again, Durham have asked for lower grades, so if I completely adore it there too, I might even end up putting it as a stupidly high insurance. D: )
Original post by nuttynatz
Ha... easiar said than done! :biggrin: although TSR is proving a good distraction.. but its also distracting me from maths which is not so good:tongue:

OMG!!! Today is the 15th...
:biggrin:
Original post by D.R.E
Got an offer to read Law at Hatfield a few days ago.

They sent me an email saying I might be moved to St Cuths cos I'm 'mature'.

Well done on your offer for Law...So jealous:biggrin:
Van Mildert - Combined Social Sciences?! Anyone? anyone?
Applied to Chad's - offer from Van Mildert - you would have thought they would have picked another college just slightly similar....
Original post by darkestskies
I also got a letter from Hatfield for History! Do you think you'll even go on the open day thing? (I probably will, although Cambridge is without doubt going to be my firm... but then again, Durham have asked for lower grades, so if I completely adore it there too, I might even end up putting it as a stupidly high insurance. D: )

haha, I don't think I'm going to go on the open day thing..it seems a bit of a waste of £30 + travel expenses, and also missing 2 days of school (I think?) when I know that there's no way that I will firm it, and that it would be pointless to insure it...although your situation is different seeing as Cambridge are asking for A*AA and Durham AAA, whereas with me Oxford is also asking for AAA...
Original post by Lulope
That's what I was hoping for (:

Had a friend's brother study at John Snow, he seemed to have a great time. From what he told me of some of the activities and such, didn't seem overly Christian at all, haha.

Original post by jwolinski
Van Mildert - Combined Social Sciences?! Anyone? anyone?
Applied to Chad's - offer from Van Mildert - you would have thought they would have picked another college just slightly similar....

I've chosen Van Mildert as my preference. Just waiting to hear from them.
Got a conditional to study Economics. (:
OK, I'm probably going to this university now, so who is going to St Mary's who thinks Durham is where they will go?
Reply 2616
Original post by mintmocha
Had a friend's brother study at John Snow, he seemed to have a great time. From what he told me of some of the activities and such, didn't seem overly Christian at all, haha.

That's great. I didn't have an awful lot of time to research stuff and suddenly thought 'What if I get there and no one likes me because I drink or something like that?!' (:

Original post by LukethePianoMan
OK, I'm probably going to this university now, so who is going to St Mary's who thinks Durham is where they will go?

Hey (: No luck with Cam then? :jumphug: I was officially rejected yesterday.
Original post by Lulope
That's great. I didn't have an awful lot of time to research stuff and suddenly thought 'What if I get there and no one likes me because I drink or something like that?!' (:

Hey (: No luck with Cam then? :jumphug: I was officially rejected yesterday.

Aww, hope you ure alright :frown:
Have you got an offer from Durham?
Original post by kay_mart1
OMG!!! Today is the 15th...
:biggrin:

I KNOW!!! :biggrin: aaah... just praying that I hear something :smile: been distracting me all day. Thats the problem with AES.. you don't expect to hear anything until that changes... stressing me out.:s-smilie: I've got my fingers and toes crossed :wink:

Have ypu heard anything from your other offers?? (omg.. the LNAT results come out in like two weeks :eek:...between that and getting my mock exams back.. its looking like a pretty stressful month!)
Reply 2619
Original post by LukethePianoMan

Not St. Mary's, but having been pooled and then rejected by Cambridge (same as you I think), I will be firming Durham and very happy about it too :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending