TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hollywoodbudgie
There seems to be a lot of Cimbom fans here. :holmes:

shame you support united :mad: lemme guess GS is your Turkish team :redface:
Reply 141
Original post by ChaoticSkills

hey I used to support manchester united as my English team..then I was like I live in London and so I should really be supporting Arsenal..right? :s-smilie: but I don't really follow up English football so what the heck :biggrin:
Original post by G_S
I am a Gemini as well :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Cool G_S. yeah Im really glad my b-day also comes around when its warm!:smile:

Merhaba to ferhan and Professor S! :smile:

tum tanistigimiza memnun oldum

I hope to be able to try true Turkish food if I can go there this summer.:redface:

On another note, and I know its a little after the fact but I wanted to say I was sad to hear about the singer Kivircik Ali. He made gorgeous music and had been one of my sweety's favorite Turk singers. So my sweety was sad as well. Both Kivircik and Ahmet Kaya will be missed.:frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by G_S
hey I used to support manchester united as my English team..then I was like I live in London and so I should really be supporting Arsenal..right? :s-smilie: but I don't really follow up English football so what the heck :biggrin:

you don't need to support anyone but a team that you feel like you'd die for lol :biggrin:

True. Though I don't really 'support' any team as much as I'd like to be able to.
There are just some teams I like and some I don't, which unfortunately makes me a mediocre fan that simply wishes that she could have been a true fan. :moon:

Original post by G_S

No. (Arsenal :cheeky: )

I pass the Emirates stadium virtually everyday when I have uni (actually, depends on whether I pick to go on the underground or overground),
and I'd rather support Man United than be a Gunner.
Besides, there are other teams in London. Just because you're in London, it doesn't mean you have to be one of them.
(edited 13 years ago)
True. Though I don't really 'support' any team as much as I'd like to be able to.
There are just some teams I like and some I don't, which unfortunately makes me a mediocre fan that simply wishes that she could have been a true fan. :moon:

No. (Arsenal :cheeky: )

I pass the Emirates stadium virtually everyday when I have uni (actually, depends on whether I pick to go on the underground or overground),
and I'd rather support Man United than be a Gunner.
Besides, there are other teams in London. Just because you're in London, it doesn't mean you have to be one of them.

pfft, Arsenal > Man utd anyday :redface: and GS olumune kadar yalanim yok! ne kavgam bitti ne sevdam! :cool:
pfft, Arsenal > Man utd anyday :redface: and GS olumune kadar yalanim yok! ne kavgam bitti ne sevdam! :cool:

Why am I not surprised that you're an Arsenal fan? :tongue:

The atmosphere... :sogood:
(edited 13 years ago)
Why am I not surprised that you're an Arsenal fan? :tongue:

The atmosphere... :sogood:

not much of a fan so to speak, but merely a sympathiser or an admirer of the way they play football :cool:

only team I ever really cared about was Galatasaray :redface: I'v been supporting them since the mid 90s

pankarta baksana wooow this was from tonights game

(edited 13 years ago)
not much of a fan so to speak, but merely a sympathiser or an admirer of the way they play football :cool:

only team I ever really cared about was Galatasaray :redface: I'v been supporting them since the mid 90s

pankarta baksana wooow this was from tonights game

:frown: I wish I knew more about football than how plant fertilisation happens.
:frown: I wish I knew more about football than how plant fertilisation happens.

Just play some football manager 11 from time to time, or check out Match of the day or those Turkish football shows on Kanalturk in which the speakers just scream at each other.

Then you shall become be able to gain a doctorate degree in football studies :cool:
Sup Farhan. How are you? Not many people on TSR paint their nails with baked beans. Some use jelly beans though! :biggrin:
Iyiyim! Nasilsiniz?

Not too sure about using jelly beans though. I heard they can be cancerous. :s-smilie:
Original post by G_S
Nice to see you!!!!
Greetings, old friend.
Reply 152
Original post by farhan
Greetings, old friend.

I tried sending you a pm but it would not send because ur inbox is full! I wanted to join the islam society but could not :frown:
Reply 153
how is everyone doing? it is sooooooooooooooooooooo cold outside
Just play some football manager 11 from time to time, or check out Match of the day or those Turkish football shows on Kanalturk in which the speakers just scream at each other.

Then you shall become be able to gain a doctorate degree in football studies :cool:

TBH I do read about football in the metro and watch match of the day, but that won't give me the passion required to become a true fan.

I can't tell you how much I'd love to watch a real football match in Turkey.

Original post by farhan
Iyiyim! Nasilsiniz?

Not too sure about using jelly beans though. I heard they can be cancerous. :s-smilie:

Did you know that in the 1910s "Jelly bean" was slang for a young man who made great efforts to dress very stylishly, presumably to attract women?

Original post by G_S

Revising amino acids and watching the match.

I just want it to be spring already. I don't mind the cold so much- it's just that it's so dark and cloudy outside that's making me so depressed!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by G_S

Hey G_S :smile: Yumm Jelly beans:biggrin:

Come to Maryland, its a balmy 32*F (0*C).

If I had some questions about Turkish language, could I ask them here? For those that don't know I have been kind of trying to learn the language on my own now for about 6 months. I had no way of getting it taught formally because I could not find a college or Uni locally that teaches it.:frown: So I've been using both online resources and help from my Turkish sweety. But this method still leaves me with questions regarding the grammar and suffixes. My BF knows a little English but sometimes he does not know to explain something in English, but he will try anytime I ask though:love:
Original post by Zebracolors

If I had some questions about Turkish language, could I ask them here? For those that don't know I have been kind of trying to learn the language on my own now for about 6 months. I had no way of getting it taught formally because I could not find a college or Uni locally that teaches it.:frown: So I've been using both online resources and help from my Turkish sweety. But this method still leaves me with questions regarding the grammar and suffixes. My BF knows a little English but sometimes he does not know to explain something in English, but he will try anytime I ask though:love:

Sure. We'll help as much as we can. :top2:
Reply 157
Original post by Zebracolors

Wow I wish I could be there!!!!!!! Sure you can ask us though my turkish grammar is terrible :smile::smile: ...About Kivircik Ali I was sad to hear about it aswell:frown: just shows life is soooo short.
Reply 158
Revising amino acids and watching the match.

I just want it to be spring already. I don't mind the cold so much- it's just that it's so dark and cloudy outside that's making me so depressed!

I refused to do any work today...I was revising for amino acids like 6 years ago:biggrin:
Reply 159
I can't seem to quote properly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending