The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Law93
Has everyone's track updated?
I'm starting to worry that the offer letter might have been a mistake :|
Cambridge don't make mistakes though right :wink:?

Mine hasn't, and I know another Magdalenite whose hasn't.
Original post by Lyam
Yeah, never had any worries before I got my offer and for some reason I'm now terrified.

I always had it in my head that I'd get at least A*AA and probably more, for some reason my confidence has dropped dramatically...

Yeah I think I can get A*AA possibly? But they specified the subject for the A* as either English and Drama so now I'm worried cos it's the other two I thought I could get an A* in.... :frown: not fun!
Original post by amoled
Thanks, hopefully i'll see you there next year. Just the small matter of getting that S,1 in step!
Have to say i dont know much about the college cos they fished me out the pool today, but it looks good in the pictures:smile:.

You'll be fine, they wouldn't give you the offer if they didn't think you could make it :smile:

Definitely see you there :smile:
Reply 763
Name: ME(Jawad)
Subject: Physical Natural Science
College: Downing college
Offer: A*AA in any 3 subjects ( Fmaths, chemistry, physics and mathematics)
How you found out: Post.

Well I think am going to decline it because I was classified as oversea student!!!!
I dont have that ridiculous huge amount...
Although I really want to go to cambridge!!!

ds anyone know if cambridge give out scholarship to international offer holders???
Reply 764
Original post by dawaj2004

Well I think am going to decline it because I was classified as oversea student!!!!

ds anyone know if cambridge give out scholarship to international offer holders???

First congrats!
and yeah there are scholarships .. here it is:
http://www.cambridgetrusts.org/about-us/key-points-for-undergraduate-applicants.html
the forms should come with the offer letter, and i am applying for it as well as u know the fees are ridiculously high for us international student..
Reply 765
Original post by Lyam
Yeah, never had any worries before I got my offer and for some reason I'm now terrified.

I always had it in my head that I'd get at least A*AA and probably more, for some reason my confidence has dropped dramatically...

so true... my confidence has dropped a lot..
well i guess now i gotta do more past papers to boost it up again :biggrin:
Reply 766
Original post by Law93
Has everyone's track updated?
I'm starting to worry that the offer letter might have been a mistake :|
Cambridge don't make mistakes though right :wink:?

same here... its been over a week, well at least ucas doesnt say that i am rejected, so i am assuming they are just slow
Reply 767
Subject: Engineering
pooled from: Churchill
Fished by: Jesus (lol, Jesus saved me this time)
By post, and it was just yesterday! I have been feeling so anxious a whole week!

But dont know why, my offer is A*A*AA, as so many ppl's offers are just A*AA.
Is that because i've dont my Maths alevel in my first year so they think it would be too easy if the conditional offer is just 2A?
This moment I start worrying about my A* . S:
Original post by dawaj2004

Same course, same college as me. :tongue: Well done.
Does your country have any kind of bursaries for higher education / university abroad? I know mine has some that I could apply for, but I'm in the EU so I have home fees anyway.

EDIT: you have good taste. :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 769
Original post by mbelben
any other engineers at Jesus?

ME!!
but i know nothing abt Jesus......
Reply 770
Original post by Andre09
so true... my confidence has dropped a lot..
well i guess now i gotta do more past papers to boost it up again :biggrin:

Same, this should be a confidence booster but I just don't want to be 'the kid who got in, and then didn't.'

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 771
Original post by boblucas
Just got a conditional offer from churchill to read engineering :biggrin:... wow that was a long, stressful wait!

I was pooled by Churchill and i rly wanna know what ive done wrong eventhough Jesus saved me.
Would u mind tell me abt ur UMS? n wats ur offers?
Reply 772
Original post by JJBSussat
Yeah - Ive got an offer for Engineering! What course you studying? :smile:

Hi, Im engineering too and im interested in Civil engineering too!!
Wondering why would my offers are 4 rather than 3?? is that mean they dont want me much???:eek::confused:
Hey ho :smile:

Name: Irfan
College: Selwyn
Offer: A*AA (A* from F.Maths or Physics, A in Maths)

I was terrified all through Christmas. And now I'm worried about that A* - but oh well, just continue as normal I suppose!

I can't help but feel sad though for the other engineer applicants from my school (which normally has a good track record), hell, some of them I'm sure were better than me :s-smilie:
Reply 774
Original post by Lyam
Same, this should be a confidence booster but I just don't want to be 'the kid who got in, and then didn't.'

Good luck! :smile:

yeah i know that feeling! it would be so embarrassing to not get in now that we have an offer..

anyways, good luck to you too! :biggrin:
Reply 775
Original post by Melanie-v
Same course, same college as me. :tongue: Well done.
Does your country have any kind of bursaries for higher education / university abroad? I know mine has some that I could apply for, but I'm in the EU so I have home fees anyway.

EDIT: you have good taste. :wink:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
datz cool!!!
do u live in d UK nw and wat is ur offer condition???
Reply 776
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Mine hasn't, and I know another Magdalenite whose hasn't.

Mine hasn't either? Hopefully it'll update soon now that pooling is (almost?) over. :smile:
Reply 777
Original post by Andre09
Congrats on your lovely offer! they must have loved you! =P
i also do the IB and got an offer for physical natural science from Corpus, 40points, 777 in HL :biggrin:

I do the IB as well :smile: My offer is 777 at HL and 42 pts overall for Law at Magdalene! Another fellow Law Magdalene IB applicant got the same offer. Wasn't expecting the 777!
Original post by sparxm0nkey

Original post by sparxm0nkey
Hey ho :smile:

Name: Irfan
College: Selwyn
Offer: A*AA (A* from F.Maths or Physics, A in Maths)

Yay, another Selwynian! Welcome to the club, there are quite a few on TSR :biggrin:
Original post by whatsthestory
Yay, another Selwynian! Welcome to the club, there are quite a few on TSR :biggrin:

Ah that's nice, I won't be so alone...What course did you apply for then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending