The Student Room Group

Is Year 10 and Year 11 tough?

Scroll to see replies

I look back now and say it was easy but at the time I found it hard! I was very complacent in Year 11, didn't really care about my GCSE's which I have come to regret - make sure you work to your maximum potential, otherwise you will regret it.
It's f***ing mindrape. You will not survive!
Original post by charlie9872
make sure you work to your maximum potential, otherwise you will regret it.

I agree :biggrin:
they're easy you just need to learn the textbooks off my heart. start early if you want but do it in 2 hour chunks or something and do not let these take over your social life because once you get to year 12 you will find you are working all the time.
Reply 64
I found year 11 very tough to the extent that I had a mental breakdown, started self harming and having to have counselling. However this is not what it is like for most people. For me I was always the type to worry over work and exams and it all built up in year 11 (as I had been told it would since first school). I also was not finishing exams because I wrote too much so it all built up. But people say you should wait until you get into sixth form. Well I learnt from year 11 and it has never been as bad as that. But as I said before, my case is a one off, there can be a lot of work and pressure but don't let it get to you and you will be fine.
Reply 65
Original post by Superstar6318
they're easy you just need to learn the textbooks off my heart. start early if you want but do it in 2 hour chunks or something and do not let these take over your social life because once you get to year 12 you will find you are working all the time.

And then you get to year 13 and think where has all that free time gone. In year 12 you can get the work done out of school and your frees you spend playing cards. Get into year 13 and you find yourself using your frees and time out of school just to get the bare minimum of work done.
Original post by Tabers
And then you get to year 13 and think where has all that free time gone. In year 12 you can get the work done out of school and your frees you spend playing cards. Get into year 13 and you find yourself using your frees and time out of school just to get the bare minimum of work done.

I hate it :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest