The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ?!master?!mini?!
Told you!

Smart keyboard pro is the way to go :biggrin:

Is it not similar? Looks like it is when I googled it.

Original post by greeneyedgirl
It's at least predicting when I want to finish texts!!

I'm also ending up with a lot of extra spaces :s-smilie:

I'll keep trying for a while then see :smile:

Umm if I remember correctly when you tap on the word you don't need to tap space. It makes spaces for you. Also a nice hint swipe the keyboard backwards to delete the word.
Currently I have swype, it is fast but I can see how swiftkey may well be faster. After all, if you only have to enter 1-3 letters of every word surely it must be quicker? I suppose I 'll find out when I give it a proper go.
Original post by Installation
Currently I have swype, it is fast but I can see how swiftkey may well be faster. After all, if you only have to enter 1-3 letters of every word surely it must be quicker? I suppose I 'll find out when I give it a proper go.

I've used Swift Key for a while now and I'm not even typing the 3rd letter anymore. I usually type in the first letter which is usually H and it guesses " Hey, How's you? Are you at uni yet" as that is my most used collections of words and I text that every morning everyday really.
Original post by Ducklighter

Is it not similar? Looks like it is when I googled it.

Umm if I remember correctly when you tap on the word you don't need to tap space. It makes spaces for you. Also a nice hint swipe the keyboard backwards to delete the word.

Yeah but the space annoys me when the next thing i want is a punctuation mark or something :s-smilie:
I've used Swift Key for a while now and I'm not even typing the 3rd letter anymore. I usually type in the first letter which is usually H and it guesses " Hey, How's you? Are you at uni yet" as that is my most used collections of words and I text that every morning everyday really.

Even better.

Have you used swype? I think the only reason I have it at the moment is novelty, it's fun to use (and is faster than a standard keyboard), so much so that when google predicts what I'm searching for I usually just keep on swyping. :colondollar: (Urgh, that is nerdy to the extreme)
Yeah but the space annoys me when the next thing i want is a punctuation mark or something :s-smilie:

Tap the word then tap the punctuation mark. it will go next to it like how it will suppose too,

Original post by Installation
Even better.

Have you used swype? I think the only reason I have it at the moment is novelty, it's fun to use (and is faster than a standard keyboard), so much so that when google predicts what I'm searching for I usually just keep on swyping. :colondollar: (Urgh, that is nerdy to the extreme)

I think I've used it for a while before I found out about Swift Key then changed to Swift Key and never looked back really.
Original post by G8D
8pen is suppppppper ****.

Woahh. 8Pen is weird. I'm going to give it a go.

Tap the word then tap the punctuation mark. it will go next to it like how it will suppose to

AHHHH cunning!
AHHHH cunning!

See it's a clever little program :smile:
Also something like settings, -> keyboard -> Swift Key you can see how many characters you saved making you more efficient at typing.

Also something like settings, -> keyboard -> Swift Key you can see how many characters you saved making you more efficient at typing.

So far saved 299 keystrokes, making me 16% more efficient...
So far saved 299 keystrokes, making me 16% more efficient...

Haha. I like that just a cool little gimmick :smile:

Haha. I like that just a cool little gimmick :smile:

i'll be happy when it stops telling me i want to say braithewait!!

Just got it, let's see how this rolls. :cool:

I suspect it'll be useful for texts, which I barely send out unless I'm away - but when I'm googling stuff it's usually new words etc. anyway.
(edited 13 years ago)
Swiftkey I find is good when you want to type a quick text message and the prediction has a good idea what you want to say but trying to type quickly with it is just a non-starter, the predictions take too long to load and then miscorrect the words
Original post by wizard710
Swiftkey I find is good when you want to type a quick text message and the prediction has a good idea what you want to say but trying to type quickly with it is just a non-starter, the predictions take too long to load and then miscorrect the words

What do you use?

I'm going to give swiftkey a week or so, but I've been quite impressed, in some cases it basically gets the sentence I'm about to type with only 3-4 actual letter inputs.
Hey guys, is there any app that will let me use my phone as a microphone for my computer? :biggrin: Cheers!
Reply 3356
Is there a way to get off the mobile version of a site?

Ones that dont have a link yo the desktop version.
Original post by Yawn11

In the internet settings, turn mobile view off for the default browser.
Original post by Yawn11

If using dolphin browser hd

Press or touch the menu key

Click more

Clock settings

Scroll down and click 'user agent'

Choose desktop. (IPhone,ipad and android formats are also available)
Reply 3359
Original post by JChoudhry
In the internet settings, turn mobile view off for the default browser.

Can't see this option...
Original post by ?!master?!mini?!
If using dolphin browser hd

Press or touch the menu key

Click more

Clock settings

Scroll down and click 'user agent'

Choose desktop. (IPhone,ipad and android formats are also available)

Not dolphin, the site requires flash.

Latest

Trending

Trending