The Student Room Group

Dietetics

I've recieved an offer for a dietetics course in coventry. I'm thinking of accepting it as my firm choice and was just wondering if anyone here is studying dietetics or a similar course at coventry and what it's like to live/ study there?

Scroll to see replies

Ive just recently applied there.
Was thinking that too, Its about 15mins away from B'ham -not too far.
But Ive been told its like in the middle of nowhere! SO quite worried :s-smilie:

What other uni's have you applied to?
Reply 2
did you go to the open day?
i've applied for uwic (cardiff), nottingham, leeds metropolitan and coventry. had offers from coventry and uwic so far and thinking of putting coventry first and uwic second.
well the uni is right in the city center but i haven't really looked round the city properly.
you applying for dietetics too?
Reply 3
cov is nice and has some good facilities as well as it being in the middle of cov city so lots to do
im applying to cov, surrey, plymouth, chester, nottingham and surrey but hav only heard from cov,
any other places other than cov you have offers from??
vibha
Reply 4
yeah i really like coventry and i've accepted their offer. i had offers from coventry, uwic and leeds. nottingham asked me to fill in a questionaire so they could consider me for an interview but i prefered coventry so i didn't see the point and i just withdrew my application from nottingham. have you had any more offers?
Reply 5
Original post by Smaij
yeah i really like coventry and i've accepted their offer. i had offers from coventry, uwic and leeds. nottingham asked me to fill in a questionaire so they could consider me for an interview but i prefered coventry so i didn't see the point and i just withdrew my application from nottingham. have you had any more offers?

What grades have you been predicted??
notttingham havent contacted me but chester gave me an interview for the 22nd december
im applyin for dietetics!!!!
ive recieved offers from surrey, herts, london met and nutrition= roehampton so far...
im happy but extremelyyyy worrieddd for my examsss and worried incase i wont get the grades!!!!!
good luck to all of u ...:biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by veeebz
notttingham havent contacted me but chester gave me an interview for the 22nd december

I've been predicted BCC. I think it's achievable but the thought of not getting the grades is so scary isn't it! i live near chester, it's a really nice city but it's a bit too close to home for me. good luck with your interview!
Reply 8
Heeey,
I've applied to do Dietitics in Cardiff, Coventry, Chester, Plymouth and Surrey. I'm hoping to put Coventry as my first choice but havn't had an offer yet. To anyone that's had offers from Cov, how long ago did you apply and did u hav to have an interview first?? I've got an interview in Chester on Wed too, anyone have an interview in Chester also?? xx
Reply 9
Original post by veeebz

Heey, My interview for Chester is on the 22nd to!! Already nervous! Have u done much preparation for it?? x
Reply 10
[QUOTE=:) fiona [excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];28933800]Heey, My interview for Chester is on the 22nd to!! Already nervous! Have u done much preparation for it?? x

Reading books, watching shows, looking in the papers and getting my outfit basically!
Reply 11
hi i had my interview at chester on monday!
Reply 12
it was ok thanks. you have a group activity where 2 people watch you then you have to have your own provate interview where a dietitian will interview you. they only asked questions on your personal statement nothing else. so all you need to know is your personal statement! i have applied to coventry, edinburgh, oxford brookes and chester! x
Original post by xsophiexmx
it was ok thanks. you have a group activity where 2 people watch you then you have to have your own provate interview where a dietitian will interview you. they only asked questions on your personal statement nothing else. so all you need to know is your personal statement! i have applied to coventry, edinburgh, oxford brookes and chester! x

I was supposed to have my interview at Chester yesterday, but i couldnt go because of the snow. I hate the snow, it's ruined sooo many of my plans. :frown: Now i have to wait till Feb to have my interview. What did u have to do for your group activity?? I've applied to Coventry too, hopefully it will be my first choice. :smile:
I'm still waiting to hear from chester :-/ ive had offers from coventry leeds and cardiff though... thinking off coventry firm choice and chesterr insurancee.. cant decide though..... wat about you two which do u think is best?? i like the closeness of the campus at chesterr but coventry seemed to have better learning resourcess argh cant decide..... wat are both of your predicted grades aswell? mine are BCC :smile:
Reply 15
i applied to chester got through to interview for nutrition and dietetics and got offered for human nutrition in the end it is soooo annoying! i really liked it there to...
Reply 16
did you apply for the human nutrition or dietetics course? i had an interview at chester and got an offer for dietetics off them the other day! are many people applying to qmu in edinburgh for dietetics? x
Reply 17
Original post by xsophiexmx
did you apply for the human nutrition or dietetics course? i had an interview at chester and got an offer for dietetics off them the other day! are many people applying to qmu in edinburgh for dietetics? x

I'm applying to qmu! Dont know how many people in total apply there though.
Reply 18
your like the only person i know applying to qmu!! i wonder when they give out offers?
Reply 19
Hi,

If anyones got 5 mins, could you message me what grades youve got to get an offer on course in coventry, im looking into doing this course within next few years, from what ive read i need get some A-Levels first.
Any other info you think i should know.

Thank you! And all the best to you's!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending