The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1360
Hey!
I'm wondering if any international students have received a UCL LLB offer yet?
I gave my LNAT a month ago and still no word from UCL (or any other LNAT unis)
Original post by JH-QC
Sorry to hear that :frown: I'm currently waiting for them to put me out of my misery too; do you mind me asking when you sent your app/LNAT?

And don't give up hope for your other LNAT uni's; UCL are known for having a higher expectation for it than King's etc

Thanks, erm app was sent on 1st November and I hear they do it chronologically which means you are still being considered (I think) which means you may get an offer (I think). LNAT was done October 20th I think...

Haven't given up hope yet, kinda wanna know my LNAT result to be sure.
Original post by DivineIntervention
I read this when you posted it and was dreading my own UCL rejection.
It came today and to make things worse it was an LNAT based rejection so considering my choices (see spoiler) it don't look good.

sigh.

I think everyone has been dreading the UCL reply, most seem like rejections so far.
Don't worry, maybe UCL just have higher-standards than the other Universities for the LNAT. When do Kings start replying, a few of my friends have applied and they still haven't received replies.
Reply 1363
Original post by DivineIntervention
Thanks, erm app was sent on 1st November and I hear they do it chronologically which means you are still being considered (I think) which means you may get an offer (I think). LNAT was done October 20th I think...

Sorry to hear about your rejection! Somebody I know was rejected way back before Christmas and they had done their LNAT/sent their app etc a bit after you so UCL obviously considered you for some time!
Reply 1364
Also is it mostly only International students who have heard from Kings so far?
Reply 1365
Original post by Charl*
Also is it mostly only International students who have heard from Kings so far?

I'm an international student and I found out on Thursday - but to be honest I don't see why that'd have too much to do with it - if anything I was expecting for them to take way longer to reply so they could figure out my quals. The offer they gave me still didn't make sense though...
Reply 1366
Original post by kiwimate
I'm an international student and I found out on Thursday - but to be honest I don't see why that'd have too much to do with it - if anything I was expecting for them to take way longer to reply so they could figure out my quals. The offer they gave me still didn't make sense though...

I think they have to give offers out to international students before students from England to enable you to make your decision and arrange accommodation, flights and other essentials. I think it's more about organising yourself to come over, because I believe more preparation has to go in for international students to go to university in England than an English student.

Correct me if I'm wrong though!!!
Reply 1367
Original post by cem79
Hi guys,
Has anybody heard from Nottingham yet? (Uni of, not Trent)
The only thing I have had so far is the acknowledgement letter back at the birth of flipping Jesus...

These are my decisions so far....

Oxford: rejectedddddddd (but got interview. I will hold that forever dear)
Uni. Birmingham: AAA
Uni. Manchester: AAA

PS.... how have i not developed a hernia so far?!!!!

I got rejected from UCL and Oxford too :/ and I'm waiting to hear from Notts, it's my first choice and I've convinced myself that it's because of my LNAT :frown:
Original post by zerin62

Original post by zerin62
I got rejected from UCL and Oxford too :/ and I'm waiting to hear from Notts, it's my first choice and I've convinced myself that it's because of my LNAT :frown:

sorry to hear about your rejections :frown: can i ask weather they specifically told you it was over the LNAT and what your academic record is?
Reply 1369
Original post by aimelove

Original post by aimelove
Course: LLB Law
University: Robert Gordon
Offer: Unconditional

Same!! :smile:
Reply 1370
Original post by lawapp
hi how many people have heard from nottingham ucl kings im getting a bit worried

I've applied to those 3 uni's and haven't heard anything =\
I'm hoping no news is good news :frown:
So far:

Exeter (CC) - AAB Conditional.
Leeds - AAA Conditional.
Liverpool - AAA Conditional.

Original post by lizolove
So far:

Exeter (CC) - AAB Conditional.
Leeds - AAA Conditional.
Liverpool - AAA Conditional.

that big huge smiley face on my screen made me smile and warm inside hahah :tongue:
Original post by teaandcoffee
that big huge smiley face on my screen made me smile and warm inside hahah :tongue:

Haha! It always cheers me up! :P
The funny thing is, my face actually does this when I get offers. (':
I should video it and put it on youtube... :P
Reply 1374
Original post by matt1291
Haha! I've no idea why they've done it either! They must really have loved my personal statement. I'm contemplating ringing up Admissions and just yelling "THANK YOU!" lmao.

Where do you wanna go!?

LMAO. I think you should I'm sure they would LOVE it :biggrin:
haha ummmm either sheffield or liverpool :biggrin:
what bout you?!?!?!
Reply 1375
Original post by lfcwatcher
sorry to hear about your rejections :frown: can i ask weather they specifically told you it was over the LNAT and what your academic record is?

no, oxford didn't give me a reason, simply said my 'application was unsuccessful' and UCL said due to the high level of competition they would only be taking the the best applicants and i didn't make it basically. my gcse's are 5 A*'s and 6 A's, and at AS i got AABC, predicted A*A*A this year :/
have you heard anything from your choices yet?
Original post by zerin62

Original post by zerin62
no, oxford didn't give me a reason, simply said my 'application was unsuccessful' and UCL said due to the high level of competition they would only be taking the the best applicants and i didn't make it basically. my gcse's are 5 A*'s and 6 A's, and at AS i got AABC, predicted A*A*A this year :/
have you heard anything from your choices yet?

it seems like a similar excuse to the one they gave another student on here, i have had 2 offers from cardiff and one from reading still waiting on bristol and UCL kind of expecting my rejection letter right about now :s-smilie:
Original post by Troubled_Student
I think everyone has been dreading the UCL reply, most seem like rejections so far.
Don't worry, maybe UCL just have higher-standards than the other Universities for the LNAT. When do Kings start replying, a few of my friends have applied and they still haven't received replies.

UCL do have ridiculously high standards (higher than Oxford)!!!
This sounds a bit rude, but does everyone's college on here just predict them A*s for no reason? I've seen people with ALRIGHT grades predicted all A*s for A Level? How does that work?
Original post by jimmyatemyworld

Original post by jimmyatemyworld
This sounds a bit rude, but does everyone's college on here just predict them A*s for no reason? I've seen people with ALRIGHT grades predicted all A*s for A Level? How does that work?

it might be because students usually preform better in A2 then AS or it's because some students go to public school or six forms with high reputations who generally predict higher grades for there students, i read something on BBC website yesterday it said that students usually get under-predicted in A2, but i would just put it down to people's abilities :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending