The Student Room Group

OCR Salters F334 Chemistry of Materials (26/01/2011)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gozatron
Or the F334 June 2010 paper?

Its on the OCR website! :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by Trixy.Sam

Original post by Trixy.Sam
Its on the OCR website! :smile:

Is it? I can only find Jan 10 ones, no June 10 :frown:
Reply 22
Gahhh, I absolutely hate SS, it's the only topic I haven't revised & I can't do any of the calculation questions & they're all to do with SS! :frown:
Sad chemistry times, good luck everyone! And ask your teacher for the June '10 paper 'coz they normally have it :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by xPixie
Gahhh, I absolutely hate SS, it's the only topic I haven't revised & I can't do any of the calculation questions & they're all to do with SS! :frown:
Sad chemistry times, good luck everyone! And ask your teacher for the June '10 paper 'coz they normally have it :smile:

PIXIEEEEEEEE YOU DO SALTERSSS?!?!?!
(I'm from Dental thread :P )
Reply 24
Oh and guys... USE THE LEGACY PAPERS.
They're pretty much exactly the same except for equilibrium constant questions..

The code for F334 in legacy is 2849
:smile:
Anyone got June 2010 pleaseeee???
Reply 25

Original post by Ro27
PIXIEEEEEEEE YOU DO SALTERSSS?!?!?!
(I'm from Dental thread :P )

Yeah I do Salters :tongue:, I remember you from the Dental Thread! :biggrin: Have you spoken to your teacher about the June '10 paper? & I can't find tge June '10 legacy paper anywhere!
Reply 26
Original post by xPixie
Yeah I do Salters :tongue:, I remember you from the Dental Thread! :biggrin: Have you spoken to your teacher about the June '10 paper? & I can't find tge June '10 legacy paper anywhere!

Yeah we they gave us June 2010
But June 2010 legacy is nowhere to be foundd!
Reply 27
I am very very very worried for this exam, as well obviously this is one exam I have to do well in. I've done alright so far mind you in mocks etc. but I don't like being complacent with a good mock score as anything could happen.

I suppose the biggest issue for me is the pollymer questions about Tg and Tm and just being able to phrase them correctly to get all the marks, oh and the questions about a mult-step recation in rate equations.
Reply 28
Original post by limetang
I am very very very worried for this exam, as well obviously this is one exam I have to do well in. I've done alright so far mind you in mocks etc. but I don't like being complacent with a good mock score as anything could happen.

I suppose the biggest issue for me is the pollymer questions about Tg and Tm and just being able to phrase them correctly to get all the marks, oh and the questions about a mult-step recation in rate equations.

Tg and Tm usually involves looking at the polymer chain, e.g. is there a benzene ring or an electronegative element and whether the polymer is crystalline or amorphous and how this affects the tm and tg and how polymers become brittle because the chains cannot slide over each other.
Multi step reactions usually involves you looking at the slow step and finding the rate constant or the rate of the reaction and the units.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by Ro27

Because the last exam for legacy 2849 was done in jan 2010.
Reply 30
Original post by jam277
Tg and Tm usually involves looking at the polymer chain, e.g. is there a benzene ring or an electronegative element and whether the polymer is crystalline or amorphous and how this affects the tm and tg and how polymers become brittle because the chains cannot slide over each other.
Multi step reactions usually involves you looking at the slow step and finding the rate constant or the rate of the reaction and the units.

Thanks a lot. :biggrin:

Oh I've figured out another problem I have in chemistry is being able to spell polymer correctly. :wink:
Reply 31
Original post by limetang
Thanks a lot. :biggrin:

Oh I've figured out another problem I have in chemistry is being able to spell polymer correctly. :wink:

You lose marks for that :wink:. They mark your quality of written communication.
Reply 32
has anyone got the june 08 paper? i can't find it anywhere!
Reply 33
Ahhhh It's too hard to prioritise my revision; I have 3 exams on the 26th and chemistry is my final one.

It's going to be a fun day!
Reply 35
Original post by tkoki1993
Found this on tsr and thought i should upload it to this thread. Its revision notes based on the specification and they are pretty good.

*presses print* thank you - these look really helpful! Did you get them from a reliable source?

Reply 36
June 2010 I have but we used it for a mock so I wrote alll over it :frown:
I need a fresh one because I hadn't revised for that mock so only got 43% from guessing lmao :P
June 2010 pleaaaaaaaaaase? It's not on OCR website at all!!

xPixie, legend for 2849 websiteeeeeee!
Reply 37
Original post by Ro27

Hey I've got the June 2010 legacy paper. It's on the site btw.
Reply 38
Hi all, im resitting this missed out on an A by 1 mark.:angry: It's not too bad a paper, in my opinion you'll find the next one more tough because its just massive!

I've got all the legacy papers from 2002 to 2010 and mark schemes. Let me know if you need any:biggrin:
Reply 39
Original post by ksahnan
Hi all, im resitting this missed out on an A by 1 mark.:angry: It's not too bad a paper, in my opinion you'll find the next one more tough because its just massive!

I've got all the legacy papers from 2002 to 2010 and mark schemes. Let me know if you need any:biggrin:

Could I get the 2010 papers and from 2003-2005 if you can please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending