The Student Room Group

History AS Retake... how are you revising?

Scroll to see replies

I'm retaking History (Option B I think...) Its on the Korean and Vietnam wars and China under Mao 1949-76.

I made my own bullet-pointed notes on Korean and Vietnam wars using materials from college. For China I've used materials from college, highlighted key points and shuffle through the materials, covering the whole time period. I've also made time lines for each of the 3 sections with all the major events. Hopefully this will pan out well... good luck to all of you! :redface:

I wish I could do tudor history :biggrin: My college is hell-bent on 20th century history. T_T Its all wars and communism, basically.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Dark lugia 2
I'm retaking History (Option B I think...) Its on the Korean and Vietnam wars and China under Mao 1949-76.

I made my own bullet-pointed notes on Korean and Vietnam wars using materials from college. For China I've used materials from college, highlighted key points and shuffle through the materials, covering the whole time period. I've also made time lines for each of the 3 sections with all the major events. Hopefully this will pan out well... good luck to all of you! :redface:

I wish I could do tudor history :biggrin: My college is hell-bent on 20th century history. T_T Its all wars and communism, basically.

have you done any practice questions yet, I have done revison but no past papers! :eek:
Reply 22
I'm retaking the Stalin and American civil rights movement paper (edexcel). Personally I find the Stalin so much easier to revise and remember! Also, once you've got the strategy of how to write and structure the essay, its all about content (which I hate!!!) Wish me luck! And good luck to the rest of you!
Reply 23
How's everybody revising the History Germnay source paper? I think I've left revision a tad late so it's cram, cram, cram for me!
Need to revise for experience of warfare in britain 1854-1927 need to cram! any ideas?!?
i havent done any revision for irish history....its on thursday but everytime i look at my notes it makes me sleep!...i wish we didnt do irish history ...its sooooooo boring!
Reply 26
lol at the fact people started 4 weeks ago!
Reply 27
Anyone doing OCR British History Enquiries paper, more specifically Gladstone and Disraeli???

If you are, any chance you know where to find sample answers?
Reply 28
If I fail this retake and have to study bloody Ireland for another 6 months I will actually scream!

My best way of revision atm is to make a mind map, use two colours. Go through it once and fill in everything I know from the top of my head in colour and then in another use the book to fill in the gaps. It shows the gaps in my knowledge and everyday I do it I seem to be able to fill that little bit more in..

All my practice essays seem to be coming back fine which makes a cahnge from last year when they were coming back as Es and Us all year!
Reply 29
Does anyone have any of the edexcel past papers for this?
Reply 30
[QUOTE="MrMoonmunch;28968337"]
Original post by Analbeauty
I'm doing AQA The Rise and Leadership of Stalin or whatever it is. I bloody hate re-takes! I was one UMS mark off an A last year and I got a low B in this module so I'm re-sitting it.[/

woah finally found some that is doing the exact same resit, yeah stalin is a bitch to revise,, especially the five year plans

Me too! However, I know it is tomorrow but I haven't started revising yet. I always do my revision the night before, but I haven't been at school since May last year so don't know how I'm going to cope!

I'm going to power-revise when I get home from work at 2 o'clock. I take my text book, sum up the things I don't know very well on one post-it note (i.e. key words, dates, terms) and do it for each page of my text book until I know everything on those notes. It worked with my Sociology exam - night before the exam I started revising this way and I got full marks for my module. Of course if you asked me about anything I revised now, I wouldn't know.

Let's hope it works for History!
Original post by dyhtps
If I fail this retake and have to study bloody Ireland for another 6 months I will actually scream!

My best way of revision atm is to make a mind map, use two colours. Go through it once and fill in everything I know from the top of my head in colour and then in another use the book to fill in the gaps. It shows the gaps in my knowledge and everyday I do it I seem to be able to fill that little bit more in..

All my practice essays seem to be coming back fine which makes a cahnge from last year when they were coming back as Es and Us all year!

are u doing irish history?
omdz its sooo boring ...my exams tomorow and i cant even look at my notes cas i fall asleep ...i wish we did something more interesting!
Reply 32
Original post by cool_beans1993
are u doing irish history?
omdz its sooo boring ...my exams tomorow and i cant even look at my notes cas i fall asleep ...i wish we did something more interesting!

Yep, resit :sigh:

Can't say I'm looking forward to it :frown: Although I quite like the easter rising and 1914 stuff :yes:
Reply 33
Ive just re sat the aqa 1890 - 1945 USA paper
I made a huge timeline first of all so i could make links easier then i copied down all my notes and worksheets into my own words onto the back of some wrapping paper highlighting key words and historical interpretations and put it on my wall. It worked great!
Original post by dyhtps
Yep, resit :sigh:

Can't say I'm looking forward to it :frown: Although I quite like the easter rising and 1914 stuff :yes:

same mines a resit..i did so bad last year :frown:

yh we watched a movie on the easter rising so i get that...i hate the whole fight for home rule and the whole parliament issues and the million land acts passed :P
Reply 35
same mines a resit..i did so bad last year :frown:

yh we watched a movie on the easter rising so i get that...i hate the whole fight for home rule and the whole parliament issues and the million land acts passed :P

I think Irish History gets interesting at the point our course ends, the start of the troubles..

I think my big issue tomorrow is being able to go X is a nationalist or Y is a unionist event kind of thing. If I can do that I'll be fine (I hope)
Original post by dyhtps
I think Irish History gets interesting at the point our course ends, the start of the troubles..

I think my big issue tomorrow is being able to go X is a nationalist or Y is a unionist event kind of thing. If I can do that I'll be fine (I hope)

yh and also if they are protestant or catholic...im so bad at realising that and which group they belong to as theres just way too many...
Reply 37
yh and also if they are protestant or catholic...im so bad at realising that and which group they belong to as theres just way too many...

You'll be fine :yep:

I found Jan 2010 past paper :coma:

I've also resorted to youtubing documentary clips on things and found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf7BGHHYV74 :ninja:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending