The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by simonc1993
Ah right, I'm doing OCR, so Unit 3 is Transport economics (which is A2 microeconomics.)
So it's lots of microeconomic theory but applied to the transport market.

Lucky, wish my unit was that focused, business economics is microecnomics for EVERY industry, so makes learnign case studies very long and monotnous since its literally everything....
Original post by Rokaf0
My offers are on my signature... Economics and History from Glasgow AAA, from Manchester ABB, Leeds, ABB, and Newcastle AAA

Applying for LSE econ and Econ History Also
what sort of grades did you get etc
Reply 982
I got an offer for LSE Econ and Econ history on Friday, AAB, A in maths but excluding further maths.
Original post by foxac
I got an offer for LSE Econ and Econ history on Friday, AAB, A in maths but excluding further maths.

what were your GCSEs and predictions!
Well done!
im still waiting.
I've got offers from Birmingham and York for AAB in any of Math, Further Maths, Economics and Chemistry :smile:. Just waiting on Warwick and Bristol now.
Reply 985
Original post by tejbadiani
what were your GCSEs and predictions!
Well done!
im still waiting.

GCSEs: 5A* 4As
AS; maths A, further maths A, economics A,
history A, chemistry A and general studies A

A2; predicted A*A*A*A in maths, further maths, economics and history.

I have an offer for oxford E&M so LSE is my insurance, I applied at the begining of October and only just got an offer so I wouldn't worry.
Forgot to mention it, offer from Durham business economics a few days ago - conditional until provision of certificates :smile:
Original post by foxac

I have an offer for oxford E&M so LSE is my insurance, I applied at the begining of October and only just got an offer so I wouldn't worry.

Amazing grades! You deserve it (:
Reply 988
Original post by foxac

Congrats on your offer. How did you manage 6 AS levels in a year? and did you have to get over 90% ums in all of them to get into oxford? thanks
Original post by foxac

NICE grades mate!
ah i applied at the beginning of october as well and still waiting for just straight Economic History :frown:
Grades are no way near yours as my GCSEs contain no A*s or As. OWCH

Predictions are A*A*A in Economics Business Studies and Sociology.
im screwed!
Reply 990
Original post by Vav123
Congrats on your offer. How did you manage 6 AS levels in a year? and did you have to get over 90% ums in all of them to get into oxford? thanks

It wasn't too bad maths and further maths only counted as one option and we didn't have any lessons for general studies. As for Oxford they didn't know my As grades let alone UMS as my school doesn't certificate but I had to do an admissions test in november.
Reply 991
NICE grades mate!
ah i applied at the beginning of october as well and still waiting for just straight Economic History :frown:

im screwed!

You must have really worked hard at your as levels then as your a level predictions are really high? is that the case? Well done and god luck! :smile:
Original post by foxac
It wasn't too bad maths and further maths only counted as one option and we didn't have any lessons for general studies. As for Oxford they didn't know my As grades let alone UMS as my school doesn't certificate but I had to do an admissions test in november.

Applying for the same course as you, rejected from E&M (i got 53 in the TSA, very crap) funnily enough have the same AS Levels except i didnt drop chem and doing AS FM and your doing the full one
And I got a B in AS Maths
Reply 993
NICE grades mate!

im screwed!

I thought most unis didn't count Business Studies if you already do Econ, so you might as well be doing 2 A levels.
Original post by therockandsock
Applying for the same course as you, rejected from E&M (i got 53 in the TSA, very crap) funnily enough have the same AS Levels except i didnt drop chem and doing AS FM and your doing the full one
And I got a B in AS Maths

I got quite similar AS - Further Maths, Economics, Maths, Chemistry and Critical Thinking all A's and applied for E&M. Got 73 in my TSA and got rejected after interviews.
Original post by xhorseyhanx
I got quite similar AS - Further Maths, Economics, Maths, Chemistry and Critical Thinking all A's and applied for E&M. Got 73 in my TSA and got rejected after interviews.

Commerisarations but at least you made the Interview Stage
I got AAAB at AS in Econ Chem Hist and Maths
as well as 8A* and 4A's

I did not know how competitive this course was and guessed the last 10 Q's of the TSA, had no idea it was going to be that hard

What sort of things did you get asked at your interview and what Unis are you waiting on
Original post by simonc1993
Ah right, I'm doing OCR, so Unit 3 is Transport economics (which is A2 microeconomics.)
So it's lots of microeconomic theory but applied to the transport market.

Mate Im doing the same unit, flaming Transport economics. The most boring one I reckon with all these different monopoly graphs etc

How did you find last year's one's as I did badly in the markets in action (78) but decently in the National and International (95) and this seemed to be a set trend in our school
Reply 997
Mate Im doing the same unit, flaming Transport economics. The most boring one I reckon with all these different monopoly graphs etc

How did you find last year's one's as I did badly in the markets in action (78) but decently in the National and International (95) and this seemed to be a set trend in our school

I'm doing the same board and found the same - I got 80 im markets in action and 92 in National and International.. retook markets in action last week.

transport is so boring.
Original post by CNM10
I'm doing the same board and found the same - I got 80 im markets in action and 92 in National and International.. retook markets in action last week.

transport is so boring.

Why are you retaking? It's one of those definitions exams that requires a lot of painstaking boring revision

Hoping that the Global economy one will be good

Transport requires you to learn different market structures(the graphs are dodgy) and that's sort of the only difference. Not simple shifts

The case studies are also very boring and you have to be able to learn it

Haha, ours was the other way round I got 90 in markets in action and 83 in National and International. Which was weird, because I found National and International easier, and thought there were some odd questions in the other one...
Are you doing the transport one next week then?

Latest

Trending

Trending