The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1620
Original post by Captain92
Find me a striker or winger with a 1:1 shot:goal ratio.
The chest control to even create the chance was good.

May I request a source for this statistic please?
Reply 1621
Original post by RobbieC
You've gone from being a mess to being a mess.

You're grasp of the English language is tenuous and so I would suggest that the conclusion of me as 'one of the most stupid poster...' is deeply flawed.

Perhaps the fact that you have not managed to step out in front of bus to date is evidence of a deeper, misunderstood intelligence. However, you remain very incapable of demonstrating any intellect whatsoever. I'd appreciate it if you could educate yourself before engaging with me again.

Thanks and regards.

What you lack in football understanding you make up for in eloquence.
:facepalm2:
Shame spuds couldn't take out utd. I'm really getting nervous about this unbeaten streaks they've got going. I'd love to face them with our full team on form.

Verm and djourou should.be our first choice cb pairing
Can't we stop the beef in this thread :frown:
Reply 1625
Original post by ZizAli
What you lack in football understanding you make up for in eloquence.

I dont think there's any evidence for either tbh.
Man Utd have a very tricky run of 6 games from mid-Feb to mid-March:

City (H)
Marseille (A)
Wigan (can't remember, think A)
Marseille (H)
Chelsea (A)
Liverpool (A)

Not to forget we still have them at home.

I've come up with a theory:

Our home form is poor because teams come and park the bus and take advantage of our ever-changing defence.
Our away form is excellent because when other teams are at home, their fans urge them forward which plays into our hands tactically.

We have 9 home and 7 away games remaining, the most difficult of which are Spurs (A), Utd (H), Liverpool (H) and Bolton (A).

City and Utd have both played more home games than us, and City still have to play Utd, Chelsea AND Liverpool away, as well as Spurs at home.

I'm not trying to jinx it here, but we are very much in the title hunt.
Reply 1627
Remember, Bayer Leverkusen had an unbeaten streak going on until about March last season. With the way United are playing, I can't see them emerging unscathed from that fixture list marcus posted above.

The settled starting line-up we've employed has effectively and attractively disposed of Chelsea, Birmingham and now West Ham. It would be really great if, for once, none of the most important members of this formation (van Persie, Fabregas, Cesc, Song) got injured for any meaningful length of time.
Song has been injured for, what, two weeks in the last 3 seasons?

Hero. :love:
Original post by marcusmerehay

I reckon it's his hair styles. Definitely a lucky charm :smile: everyone should dye their hair blonde
(edited 13 years ago)

Even that was just a cover for his... other duties.

Original post by G550NDH
Can't we stop the beef in this thread :frown:
I am a ****ing beefcake.

And yes, we are very much in this...

All we need is to be within 2-3 points when United come to the Emirates. At least if it's in our hands, we get the chance to step up.

This year's title will be influenced by who plays relegation battlers in the run-in and whether we sign a top class CB to fill in for Verminator...
Someone might want to check Garth Crooks' medication - he's put SIX Arsenal players in his shortlist for team of the weekend, with Clichy, Walcott and RVP making the first XI.

Song, Fabregas and Szczesny were also included.
Fabregas wasn't great. And he hasn't been for a while. If he manages to find the form of last season, with Van Persie getting his annual long-term injury out the way and Nasri and Walcott finding the net regularly we'll be laughing.

Song was very good -- deserved to get in the first team. Walcott certainly didn't. Clichy was ok. Garth Crooks knows **** all.
Meh can't stand Garth Crooks, but Song&Wilshere have been playing very well for us, hope it continues :yy:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1635
Our home form is poor because teams come and park the bus and take advantage of our ever-changing defence.
Our away form is excellent because when other teams are at home, their fans urge them forward which plays into our hands tactically.

Too be fair, Newcastle and West Brom didn't park the bus, and got a result. Bastards :colonhash:

Someone really has to end this Man U run though :facepalm2:
Man Unvincibles :dice:
Reply 1637
The Guardian
Wayne Bridge's endured a horrendous debut for West Ham on Saturday, being responsible for all three Arsenal goals. For the first goal he failed to close down Theo Walcott, for the second he was beaten to a cross by Walcott, for the third he fouled Walcott. Furthermore, he failed with all four of his attempted tackles.

:awesome:
King Theo-den. :smug:
Walcott brings the worst out in people :rant:

Latest