Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by Philosoraptor
Well I can tell you we have the same rotation pattern if that's any clue :p:

Not really mate :s-smilie:
Original post by Kanonoji
Not really mate :s-smilie:

Medicine's all about pattern recognition. :p:

If I say I have the same teaching pattern as him (not similar - the same), one might not be untoward in believing we go to the same university :p:
Reply 402
Medicine's all about pattern recognition. :p:

If I say I have the same teaching pattern as him (not similar - the same), one might not be untoward in believing we go to the same university :p:

Oh my badness. Didn't know where the other guy went either.
Reply 403
Lost my USB.. which as all my work on it for the year.. and half of this weekends PBL.............. :sigh:

Might cry.
Original post by lekky
shoudl be drinking. obviously

I do have whiskey in my cupboard... hmmm...

I wish it were!!!
My sleep pattern would be considered pretty normal then :biggrin:

My mistake :O Oops.

Original post by Helenia
That is a sign you should be in bed. There comes a point when sleep is more important and more useful than trying to cram.

Good point. Although I suppose when cramming it feels like I'm doing something! Sleeping, although amazing, feels like a waste of time at this stage :frown:
Original post by chernij

My mistake :O Oops.

Dude that was so long ago I don't even know what my point was :p:
Greetings one and all!

I've been away from TSR for a while, signed in today and realised there was something missing on my homepage - watching this thread. Hadn't subbed to it since the new one was created! Fail.

Busy busy term at the moment though. Two weeks in and I think I need another holiday.
Reply 407
hmm..iBsc brochure, methinks I might be heading to Neuro...my worry is that I'll be very rusty on the pre-clinical science compared to all the second years - there is also the inkling of fear at having to do neuroanatomy, again.
Our iBSc deadline is on the 7th Feb. Neuro is in my shortlist. Kinda swaying towards Med Ed though. There aren't many choices here tbh. :sad:
Original post by Wangers
hmm..iBsc brochure, methinks I might be heading to Neuro...my worry is that I'll be very rusty on the pre-clinical science compared to all the second years - there is also the inkling of fear at having to do neuroanatomy, again.

Dude you saw what people wrote about neuro on your FB wall - if you choose this nightmare haha you have no right to complain next year :p:
Reply 410
Anatomically, when something is described as proper as in 'Notice that this is only a short distance and that the artery proper is not very long' - does it just refer to the main bulk of the thing?
Original post by Woody.
Anatomically, when something is described as proper as in 'Notice that this is only a short distance and that the artery proper is not very long' - does it just refer to the main bulk of the thing?

It's the use of it as in everyday (well well-spoken everyday) English.

So my guess is that you're talking about one of the coronary arteries right?
The blah proper is it in its full self in that case, before it branches off into e.g. Left anterior descending etc.
Original post by crazylemon
I have never heard proper used and I have only not done the lower leg and intrinsic muscles of the hand :s-smilie:

It's an English word haha!

Like I dunno, London Transport covers more land than just that designated as London proper...

(Poor example, but here I'm basically saying that TfL covers more than just central london, it goes out to watford and so on...)

Maybe someone else can explain better but it is a real word hehe
I always thought of 'proper' as the main bit before an artery branches off - sort of like hepatic artery proper etc.

But what do I know, our anatomy teaching here clearly fails!
Are they the same thing? :confused:
Reply 415
The hepatic artery proper is a branch off the common, no?
That's what I thought - didn't think they were synonymous.

EDIT: Just checked on WIKI and they're not.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 417
It's the use of it as in everyday (well well-spoken everyday) English.

So my guess is that you're talking about one of the coronary arteries right?
The blah proper is it in its full self in that case, before it branches off into e.g. Left anterior descending etc.

Hah! How do you still remember that line from D&P? Impressive! Yes it is the coronary arteries. I understand what you're saying, and it makes sense, but I've also heard it used in other contexts such as the 'embryo proper'. As the embryo doesn't really 'branch off' (unless talking about the main trunk perhaps?), what would it mean in this instance?
Reply 418
Original post by Medicine Man
But what do I know, our anatomy teaching here clearly fails!
As the old joke goes.

BL is famous for it's lack of anatomy knowledge, that might even have been true as recently as three or four years. But, you have pretty good teaching now and most BL students, those that will graduate in 2012 onwards, have a good anatomy knowledge.
Reply 419
What does proper mean when it is said ' Connective tissue proper' ?

Latest

Trending

Trending