The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alexs2602
Yeah, I saw that. Try emailing the admissions department and see how lenient they are? They will probably place a lot more importance on the specific subject grades. How many subjects are you doing?

14, Subjects, I think I will be able to talk my way out of this :biggrin:
But I'll do that after I finished. It's just so stressfull :s-smilie: And the stress makes my grades get worse :s-smilie:
Bah, it's not easy this whole uni stuff, why can't they just accept me for my passion :redface:
What have you been applying for?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by CharleyChester
Not going to lie, i was very very surprised to even get an offer. Had one space left to fill so thought 'why not?' xD

Lol, I thought I might have a problem getting offers with predictions of ABB but I did. Manchester wanted me so much they were bugging my referee about my predicted grades, they even called her up about it. Now, if you ask me that says something because they must have hundreds of applicants for maths and they put that much effort into me.

Original post by CoffeAddict
14, Subjects, I think I will be able to talk my way out of this :biggrin:
But I'll do that after I finished. It's just so stressfull :s-smilie: And the stress makes my grades get worse :s-smilie:
Bah, it's not easy this whole uni stuff, why can't they just accept me for my passion :redface:
What have you been applying for?

Woah, email the admissions tutors because they might be able to do something.
Haha, know how you feel. I'm applying for maths.
Yeah, ABB/ACC for G103 - the 4 year masters

AAB - G100 - 3 year BSc

Not sure whether it includes fm or not. My offer for G103 did

I'm not sure how accurate this is tbh :tongue:, I'm doing maths at Nottingham now and I know people on the 4 year course that got offers of AAB G103, but it may have changed.
Original post by JBKProductions
I'm not sure how accurate this is tbh :tongue:, I'm doing maths at Nottingham now and I know people on the 4 year course that got offers of AAB G103, but it may have changed.

You might know my ex, she's a second year doing G100 at Notts and she was offered AAB :tongue:

There are numerous people in the maths forum on here that have got the same offer.
You might know my ex, she's a second year doing G100 at Notts and she was offered AAB :tongue:

There are numerous people in the maths forum on here that have got the same offer.

They all applied for G103? Because they may have like your PS or something and lowered their offer, it just seems strange how a harder course has a lower offer.
Original post by JBKProductions
They all applied for G103? Because they may have like your PS or something and lowered their offer, it just seems strange how a harder course has a lower offer.

According to CharleyChester, yeah. I havent paid attention but she seems to have noticed it. Quite possibly AAB is normal, maybe we're just good PS writers. :wink:
I have an ABC offer for French and Contemporary Chinese Studies. :smile:
I hope i get these grades.. Hard work! i hear nottingham is definitely worth it!
I got an offer for Politics, AAB

but i want to do Global studies now =[ fml

waiting to hear back from LSE (fingers crossed) xD
Original post by yahyahyahs
Anyone going to the Politics open day in March? Or is anyone going to the January or February ones and can tell me whether or not to bother? :biggrin:

i am XD lulz
going in March though hehe
Reply 869
Still heard nothing from Nottingham.... no acknowledgement or anything, and I emailed them and no reply...
:frown:
Reply 870
Original post by pixiebot
Still heard nothing from Nottingham.... no acknowledgement or anything, and I emailed them and no reply...

What are you applying for?
Reply 871
Original post by pixiebot

thats weird, you should have a portal login etc
Reply 872
G404 MSci Computer Science - Got an offer back in November :smile: Going to be living in the accomodation :smile:
Reply 873
LLB Law....I got an acknowledgement.....I've done my LNAT.... haven't heard anything yet :frown:
Though to be honest, I'll be AMAZED if I actually get an offer, I'm predicted the right grades but I'm not so confident about my LNAT score..... :/
Reply 874
Original post by AbiClare
LLB Law....I got an acknowledgement.....I've done my LNAT.... haven't heard anything yet :frown:
Though to be honest, I'll be AMAZED if I actually get an offer, I'm predicted the right grades but I'm not so confident about my LNAT score..... :/

By acknowledgement do you mean a letter through the post confirming they have your application, cause I didn't get one :frown: (I'm doin Law too btw) and I know how you feel about the LNAT :frown:
Original post by AbiClare

Original post by Ste_2505
By acknowledgement do you mean a letter through the post confirming they have your application, cause I didn't get one :frown: (I'm doin Law too btw) and I know how you feel about the LNAT :frown:

I applied to read Law with Spanish and Spanish Law (longest course title ever!) at Nottingham. I sent my application on October 1st and received an acknowledgement by email on October 21st saying they operate a gathered field but I should hear from them by the end of February. I also thought my LNAT went terribly (I'm not exaggerating... I came out and cried!) but my interview at UCL would be a fair indication that it wasn't all that bad! So I guess it's not always the case that you do as badly as you think you did.

Have either of you got a portal login by the way?

Good luck! =D
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 876
Just to put it outh there, any Nottingham applicants, even those who haven't heard anything or have been rejected, you all should be able to login at 'my.nottingham.ac.uk', use your UCAS ID and d.o.b to log in.
Got both offers from Notts a little while ago, ABB for Politics and BBB for European Politics.

Anyone else applied for either of my courses? Can't wait!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 878
Hello people! :smile:

Anybody had an offer for law at Nottingham yet?
x
Reply 879
Original post by johnwhybrow
Got both offers from Notts a little while ago, ABB for Politics and BBB for European Politics.

Anyone else applied for either of my courses? Can't wait!

Politics too! But offer AAB

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending