The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1320
Original post by AlexIsMyHero
I may firm it! I have an offer for Biological Sciences, but I am going to try to swicth to Biochem beforehand :smile:

You've applied for the same course as me! :smile: I'm still waiting for an offer and I've seen at least 2 people on here who have an offer :/ hopefully now that it is after the deadline, I should hear from them.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1321
I am actually going out off my mind here! Give me an interview Warwick, please!
Reply 1322
Original post by esiled
hey I applied for PPE too :biggrin: applied on 13 Dec, haven't got an offer yet though

Same date I applied and for the same degree also, let me know if you get an offer.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1323
Original post by anita b. Studin
i got a christmas greeting email too. That's really nice of them to take time just to wish us a merry christmas aww...

all the uni's i applied for sent me that crap. Would be better to get an offer lol.
Original post by Jono300
You've applied for the same course as me! :smile: I'm still waiting for an offer and I've seen at least 2 people on here who have an offer :/ hopefully now that it is after the deadline, I should hear from them.

I'm sure you'll hear from them soon :smile: Is Warwick your top choice? There are not many Biologists on here at all! I applied in the beginning of October and heard mid-November if thats any reassurance at all, depending on when you sent yours off :smile:
Reply 1325
Original post by iheartmondays
wow you're a late applicant! why did you wait so long? also where else did you apply to? what are your career plans?

nope, not late. i sent it before the deadline.
i waited until i had my reference.

i applied to lse, warwick, kcl, nottingham and soas.
foreign office.
Oh god, how long will Warwick take for Biomedical Science!?

I sent it like 3 months ago and I heard back from my other 4 unis and got offers from them!
AABb offer for politics on Friday!
Warwick is my second choice after Durham so delighted.
Good luck all
Original post by Downbutup
I've been waiting for Economics, Politics and International Studies (LL12) since early November. Im going crazy too!

Come on Warwick! :frown:

Yeah im in the same boat as you mate. Whats your predicted grades and qualifications you already hold e.t.c?
Reply 1329
anyone got an offer for PPE yet?
Reply 1330
Original post by aradhu
anyone got an offer for PPE yet?

I am still waiting on a PPE offer. I am becoming more and more disheartened every single day mate. I know a few people who have been rejected but I have not been offered anything or rejected yet.
Reply 1331
Original post by Andreamtb
hopefully! :-] Warwick and St. Andrews are both on an equal level for me. if I get either I'll be happy :biggrin:
I got an acknowledgement from both uni's last night so at least they have my application!.

Am sorry but in my opinion St. Andrews is better than Warwick, is just a shame I could not find out if they offered PPE or not.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1332
Original post by Yawza
I am still waiting on a PPE offer. I am becoming more and more disheartened every single day mate. I know a few people who have been rejected but I have not been offered anything or rejected yet.

In the exact same boat buddy! Been waiting since october, getting impatient!!
Applied for law with study abroad (M108?), and am hoping (desperately) for an offer.
Been waiting since october, sooo impatient, but at least Jan 15th is past. :biggrin:
Reply 1334
Original post by Shiny Happy Person
Applied for law with study abroad (M108?), and am hoping (desperately) for an offer.
Been waiting since october, sooo impatient, but at least Jan 15th is past. :biggrin:

Same as me in each sense. :tongue: Where abouts do you think you would study abroad? :biggrin:
Original post by Howellsy
Same as me in each sense. :tongue: Where abouts do you think you would study abroad? :biggrin:

Is the study abroad component so important to you that you'd take a Warwick offer over a KCL/Notts offer?

I personally prefer Warwick to those two other Law schools but I know that many people would go to KCL/Notts over Warwick.
Can't wait for Warwick Open day on 2nd February. Although they said there may be a lot of walking :frown:
Reply 1337
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Is the study abroad component so important to you that you'd take a Warwick offer over a KCL/Notts offer?

I personally prefer Warwick to those two other Law schools but I know that many people would go to KCL/Notts over Warwick.

It depends, I have yet to see Warwick, so if I get an offer I'll definitely take the chance to go to an open day. The abroad component does come into it as I'm keen to be able to work internationally. However it depends on what the offer would be, but Warwick is quickly growing on me (it's the one I seem to be craving an offer off). KCL has good transfer courses to study abroad, however London would be expensive and you have to be fortunate enough to be like 1 of 2. Nottingham is the most likely to give me a lower offer than AAA, however I'm not sure if I'm sold on Nottingham as the place I'd want to spend 3 years studying. At the end of the day I could always do a degree abroad after gaining experience in the UK.

At the moment Firm - KCL/Warwick Insurance - Nottingham
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1338
applied for Electronic Engineering but have not heard anything yet . sent my UCAS application on 23rd December :frown:
Original post by pinggor
Same, all this waiting is driving me insane. I applied in early November, but I know there have been offers made for Economics. My friend got an offer for straight economics before christmas.. A*AA though!
I hope I get an offer soon

Yh all the offers so far have been for A*AA or more :frown:

But i think it depends on if you are predicted an A*, cuz then they will give an offer with one.

If you wasn't it takes longer bcuz they have to proper review the applications and see who is good enough for a lower offer!

fingers crossed!!:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest