The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Does this thing update on a Sunday?
Reply 1761
Original post by ArcadiaHouse

Original post by ArcadiaHouse
Does this thing update on a Sunday?

It updates whenever uni admissions staff pass on the information so yes it can update at any time although I'd consider roughly when I'd expect staff to/not to work. They may work weekends particularly if they have a lot of applications to deal with and are behind their schedule.
got 4 conditional offers for BSC psychology , Sussex, Royal Holloway, University of Birmingham and East Anglia.

And still waiting for a conditional from Surrey since it will be my insurance, however I am surprised that it was so easy to get 4 conditional offers from AAB universities when I got ACDD at AS. And with the news reporting these 'decrease in places etc,etc I would expect to get no offers.
I was told a week ago I'd hear from the uni "in a couple of days." Still no news. :sad: But no news is good news amirite? :colone:
Original post by Pheebs1201
Aww thank you, it was totally unexpected, especially an AAB offer :eek: literally made my whole month :biggrin: Where are you firming/insurancing? :smile:

I'm firming UEA and will probably insure Kent but I feel like I should go have a look at Lancaster just in case I like it better than I do Kent! :teehee:
It feels weird not waiting anymore! :biggrin: I stopped caring as soon as I heard from UEA so I just withdrew from RHUL because I changed my mind about going there and they were taking too long to respond to me. :tongue:
I take it you're going to firm Bristol, but where do you think you'll insure? I sort of want to confirm my firm and insurance on Track now, I'm so impatient! I won't though. Don't want to insure Kent then see Lancaster and love it!
Urgh. I had two letters in the post this morning - one from a university and one from UCAS. My mum handed me them and told me to open them now, in front of her and my dad. I said I would in a few days when my exams are over, because I wouln't want negative news before I finish my exams as I know it would demotivate me. She then decided to go crazy and said 'you'll struggle in university because noone likes you and you're always horrible', which is total rubbish because I merely stated I didn't want to open it now. I told her if it was anything major I'd know when I checked my emails, and she said 'oh but what if they didn't send it by email, only mail?' and then started harping on about how it's my parents who will be supporting me at university and that she'd been looking forward to seeing what they were all day, even though I told her they were most likely just welcome letters.

I don't know, maybe she has a point. I've gone off checking my emails about Track now because I fear getting bad news, but am I really doing myself any favours?
Original post by toasteh
I've gone off checking my emails about Track now because I fear getting bad news, but am I really doing myself any favours?

I get that you've got exams so you're probably wanting to keep away from any kind of news until after, so in that sense then yeah, I think you're doing yourself a favour. However, you are going to have to find out at some point; my logic is such that I check as soon as I get something because it'd bother me otherwise. Plus, I need to know.

I've received four conditional offers for Law with French and I'm just waiting on Durham now... I have been for quite a while, actually. It's driving me crazy because I'm checking my emails every hour. No exaggeration. I can't cope with waiting; patience is NOT a virtue >.<
Original post by AdamLClough
I get that you've got exams so you're probably wanting to keep away from any kind of news until after, so in that sense then yeah, I think you're doing yourself a favour. However, you are going to have to find out at some point; my logic is such that I check as soon as I get something because it'd bother me otherwise. Plus, I need to know.

I've received four conditional offers for Law with French and I'm just waiting on Durham now... I have been for quite a while, actually. It's driving me crazy because I'm checking my emails every hour. No exaggeration. I can't cope with waiting; patience is NOT a virtue >.<

Hey i'm applying to do Law with French, where are your offers from?
Original post by Frenanceo

Hey i'm applying to do Law with French, where are your offers from?

Hey, I've got offers from Leeds, Sheffield, (Newcastle and Leeds again for standalone Law). Just waiting for Durham. It's killing me. You? :smile:
Original post by diamonddust
I'm firming UEA and will probably insure Kent but I feel like I should go have a look at Lancaster just in case I like it better than I do Kent! :teehee:
It feels weird not waiting anymore! :biggrin: I stopped caring as soon as I heard from UEA so I just withdrew from RHUL because I changed my mind about going there and they were taking too long to respond to me. :tongue:
I take it you're going to firm Bristol, but where do you think you'll insure? I sort of want to confirm my firm and insurance on Track now, I'm so impatient! I won't though. Don't want to insure Kent then see Lancaster and love it!

Yes Ill be firming Bristol and insuring Warwick or Cardiff although all three want the same grades so theres little point haha :tongue:

Im gonna go to the post offer open days first too just to make sure!!!
Reply 1770
Waiting for ONE more uni to get back to me....I already have an unconditional from my first choice uni and I want to reply to them D: D:
Original post by Rhi93
Waiting for ONE more uni to get back to me....I already have an unconditional from my first choice uni and I want to reply to them D: D:

Then why don't you just withdraw your application from the remaining uni? :dontknow:
Reply 1772
Because I'd totally thought of that.....:colondollar:
Original post by Rhi93

Haha! :biggrin:
Original post by Rhi93

Just make sure you don't think you'll want to change your mind first :tongue:
Reply 1775
the wait is driving me totally bonkersss
keep checking track every second T.T
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by I.R
the wait is driving me totally bonkersss
keep checking track every second -.-

Me too. Endless waiting. :frown:

OK I only sent it in December but still :colondollar:
Hey, I've got offers from Leeds, Sheffield, (Newcastle and Leeds again for standalone Law). Just waiting for Durham. It's killing me. You? :smile:

Oh cool, so will you be doing Law or Law with French- or still undecided?
I've offers from Leeds and Sheffield too and Birmingham. I've got an interview at UCL on wed and I'm waiting from Bristol!! And yes the waiting is just crazy- Bristol needs to get a rapid move on!

Oh cool, so will you be doing Law or Law with French- or still undecided?
I've offers from Leeds and Sheffield too and Birmingham. I've got an interview at UCL on wed and I'm waiting from Bristol!! And yes the waiting is just crazy- Bristol needs to get a rapid move on!

Well, I ideally want to do Law with French; Durham lets you pick up an extra subject or something... I haven't properly looked into it, ha. Oops. So, if I get an offer from Durham, that will be my firm choice and so the official title of the course is just Law. If not, my firm will be Law with French at Leeds and Law with French at Sheffield. If you end up going to either we might be in the same lectures etc.

LOL, that entire paragraph made no sense, I'm sure. :')

Where do you want to go? :smile:
Good luck with your interview! :biggrin:
Well, I ideally want to do Law with French; Durham lets you pick up an extra subject or something... I haven't properly looked into it, ha. Oops. So, if I get an offer from Durham, that will be my firm choice and so the official title of the course is just Law. If not, my firm will be Law with French at Leeds and Law with French at Sheffield. If you end up going to either we might be in the same lectures etc.

LOL, that entire paragraph made no sense, I'm sure. :')

Where do you want to go? :smile:
Good luck with your interview! :biggrin:

That's pretty cool! Well at the moment, Birmingham is my first choice, but if I get UCL or Bristol I'll probs make one of those my firm- I really have no idea!! Thinking my insurance will be Sheffield, so maybe see you there yes! I'm absolutely dreading the interview, wouldn't be too bad apart from the fact that most of it will be in French- which is likely to be a massive fail- thanks anyway! How did you find the Lnat?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending