The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone got an offer from Warwick for Law?

Fed up of waiting. =[
Original post by EverLearningFool

Fed up of waiting. =[

They wait until the January 15th deadline before they start decisions :frown:
Original post by micky022

:no:
Doughnuts!!

This guy has an offer.

Fed up of waiting. =[

:yes:

Nope.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
:no:

This guy has an offer.

We clearly have some sort of psychic link thing going on. I posted at the exact same time you quoted me.

:awesome:
Original post by Doughnuts!!
We clearly have some sort of psychic link thing going on. I posted at the exact same time you quoted me.

:awesome:

:bhangra:

Btw, is your TSR being ****?
Mine's being ****.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
:bhangra:

Btw, is your TSR being ****?
Mine's being ****.

:sadnod:

I'm gonna leave it for a bit and hope that it gets better.
I can't even remember where I read that Warwick wait until January to consider offers. This English Literature resit has broken my mind.

Fed up of waiting. =[

I was rejected from Warwick in mid December so you guys should be safe! Considering both of you have offers from arguably the best institutions in the country you needn't worry about getting an offer from Warwick or be bothered! :tongue: Congratulations and all the best!
Course: Law
University: Southampton
Offer: Conditional. IB 36 with higher level 18

Also UCAS sent: 21st December 2010
Offer recieved: 13 January 2011
:smile:
Reply 1390
Original post by zerin62
no, oxford didn't give me a reason, simply said my 'application was unsuccessful' and UCL said due to the high level of competition they would only be taking the the best applicants and i didn't make it basically. my gcse's are 5 A*'s and 6 A's, and at AS i got AABC, predicted A*A*A this year :/
have you heard anything from your choices yet?

Did you get interviews at Oxford? Apparently the schools get sent feedback letters but I don't know when? And I got into Birmingham, and it said a good LNAT score was needed so there is hope yet haha! To be fair the deadline has only just passed hasn't it and I don't think many people at all have heard from Nottingham. There's a girl in my college who has an offer for History, and I know someone who has an interview there and I think she's doing Sciences. Although I wouldn't be able to handle another interview lol!!! Are you Law or Law with language?
Reply 1391
Original post by cem79
Did you get interviews at Oxford? Apparently the schools get sent feedback letters but I don't know when? And I got into Birmingham, and it said a good LNAT score was needed so there is hope yet haha! To be fair the deadline has only just passed hasn't it and I don't think many people at all have heard from Nottingham. There's a girl in my college who has an offer for History, and I know someone who has an interview there and I think she's doing Sciences. Although I wouldn't be able to handle another interview lol!!! Are you Law or Law with language?

No, I didn't manage to get an interview :/ but it's ok, i wasn't massively bothered about Oxford, it's Nottingham that I really want to go to :smile: I do have conditional offers from the University of Sheffield and Hull, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if Nottingham do reject me, but I really do want to go there :/ I'm Law with Spanish :smile: what about you? Just Law or Law and a language? Congratulations on getting into Birmingham :smile: where else are you applying? :smile:
Original post by zerin62
No, I didn't manage to get an interview :/ but it's ok, i wasn't massively bothered about Oxford, it's Nottingham that I really want to go to :smile: I do have conditional offers from the University of Sheffield and Hull, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if Nottingham do reject me, but I really do want to go there :/ I'm Law with Spanish :smile: what about you? Just Law or Law and a language? Congratulations on getting into Birmingham :smile: where else are you applying? :smile:

I was also rejected from Oxford pre interview:frown:.. Worried it was my LNAT... and I really want to got to Durham who also require the LNAT so just got my fingers crossed that it was okay :frown: Congrats on the other offers though! What were your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking :colondollar:
Original post by willtang3000
I was rejected from Warwick in mid December so you guys should be safe! Considering both of you have offers from arguably the best institutions in the country you needn't worry about getting an offer from Warwick or be bothered! :tongue: Congratulations and all the best!

Thanks :tongue: I will be amused if they reject me, although I did enjoy their Christmas wishes email.
Reply 1394
Original post by nuttynatz
I was also rejected from Oxford pre interview:frown:.. Worried it was my LNAT... and I really want to got to Durham who also require the LNAT so just got my fingers crossed that it was okay :frown: Congrats on the other offers though! What were your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking :colondollar:

Sorry to hear that :/ i'm really worried it's my LNAT too, just want the results now :frown: Nottingham require it too, so I'm hoping I've not done too badly aha :frown: A* A* A :smile: yours?
Thanks :tongue: I will be amused if they reject me, although I did enjoy their Christmas wishes email.

My thoughts exactly xD
are you oxbridge too?
Original post by zerin62
Sorry to hear that :/ i'm really worried it's my LNAT too, just want the results now :frown: Nottingham require it too, so I'm hoping I've not done too badly aha :frown: A* A* A :smile: yours?

I know... haha.. seems like ages ago when I actually wrote the test!... Don't even remember what my essay topic was!!! :confused: :biggrin: I do IB... and I think I was predicted 41/42... but my school wouldn't tell me exactly (they seemed to think that we may harass the teachers if we knew :rolleyes::biggrin:) Your predicted grades are great... and i'm sure if you're reference and PS are good, they should give you an offer even if the LNAT is the problem (at least thats what I'm telling myself:wink:)

Stupid Oxford... really knocked my confidence! :biggrin:
I can't even remember where I read that Warwick wait until January to consider offers. This English Literature resit has broken my mind.

Was that by any chance the OCR one today (17th)?
Original post by DivineIntervention
Was that by any chance the OCR one today (17th)?

AQA. It wasn't very nice, the 'Victorian Literature extract' was a radio talk about Victorians from 1952...
AQA. It wasn't very nice, the 'Victorian Literature extract' was a radio talk about Victorians from 1952...

Unlucky, I think mine went better than last summer, hope you did well anyhu :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending