The Student Room Group

Discuss your 2010-11 UCAS decisions *HERE*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Hey, I currently hold 3 offers on UCAS, but despite the decisions of the other 2 i will be choosing 2 of the ones i already have offers from, i was wondering if anyone knew whether if i cancel my other two choices on UCAS could i then accept my firm and insurance straight away or would i still have to wait till May or something. I could wait but if i end up getting offers from any of the other 2 then someone else won't who might want it. cheers
Reply 361
Original post by dgb93
Hey, I currently hold 3 offers on UCAS, but despite the decisions of the other 2 i will be choosing 2 of the ones i already have offers from, i was wondering if anyone knew whether if i cancel my other two choices on UCAS could i then accept my firm and insurance straight away or would i still have to wait till May or something. I could wait but if i end up getting offers from any of the other 2 then someone else won't who might want it. cheers

You getting an offer from an institution won't stop another individual who that University likes getting an offer: if they really want them, they'll make an offer. So don't let that influence your decision.

But yes, if you're sure that you want to make two Universities you already have offers from your firm and insurance choice, then you can cancel your pending choices and move ahead. You don't have to wait. :smile:
Reply 362
Original post by dgb93
As James9876 says, you can do this. Whether you would be wise to is another matter.... There's very little if any benefit in making decisions about your firm/insurance now. See Firm and insurance choices :smile:
Reply 363
omg im feeling really nervous, sent my aplication off mid december, havent herd anything yet other than acknowledgment.
Original post by ifti999
omg im feeling really nervous, sent my aplication off mid december, havent herd anything yet other than acknowledgment.

I sent mine off early OCTOBER and have yet to hear anything, not even an acknowledgement...
Original post by Trefusis1234445
I sent mine off early OCTOBER and have yet to hear anything, not even an acknowledgement...

If I were you Id have gone mad by now :eek3:
Reply 366
Original post by James9876
You getting an offer from an institution won't stop another individual who that University likes getting an offer: if they really want them, they'll make an offer. So don't let that influence your decision.

But yes, if you're sure that you want to make two Universities you already have offers from your firm and insurance choice, then you can cancel your pending choices and move ahead. You don't have to wait. :smile:

I know if a Uni wants someone they will give an offer, but some uni's may have a quota where they arent allowed to give out more than so many offers so that they dont get fined, anyways thankyou for the advice
Original post by dgb93

I just withdrew from RHUL so yeah, you can cancel the outstanding choices but only if you're sure you like the other ones! You don't want to withdraw and then change your mind... :tongue:
Original post by diamonddust
I just withdrew from RHUL so yeah, you can cancel the outstanding choices but only if you're sure you like the other ones! You don't want to withdraw and then change your mind... :tongue:

What made you withdraw if you dont mind me asking?
Original post by mtudor
first of all, hy all its my first post here at tsr :biggrin:

missestwishes what degree did you apply for at leeds? I sent my app on 7th of january...

I applied for Environmental Science! ^_^ What about you?
Reply 370
Just got my third offer, two more to go... fingers crossed. :smile:
Original post by Pheebs1201
If I were you Id have gone mad by now :eek3:

Trust me. I'm close to breaking :bricks:
Trust me. I'm close to breaking :bricks:

Where did you apply and what for? :eek:
Reply 373
Yay, BBB from Surrey. Nervous as hell about the others.....
Where did you apply and what for? :eek:

English at the University of Birmingham. I'm on A2B and a Re-applicant though so I guess my case takes some extra consideration. It's horrific!
English at the University of Birmingham. I'm on A2B and a Re-applicant though so I guess my case takes some extra consideration. It's horrific!

Ohh I see, well best of luck :smile:!
Ohh I see, well best of luck :smile:!

+Rep for kindness to a fragile mind :smile::
+Rep for kindness to a fragile mind :smile::

n'aww thanks, one back for luck!
im holding offers for politics from manchester, lancaster and newcastle, but have now decided i want to swap to law,or politics and economics.
is it possible to change courses???
Guys, wonder if any of you can help me out...

I applied for student fiance last year but obviously as I didn't go to uni I didn't receive the money. I've come to reapply for finance this year and It's telling me I can't because my information is all still on the system. Does anyone know how to withdraw my application or update it for the next academic year? Thanks in Advance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending