Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by lauren01
Have you heard anything from them yet?

I got an offer in about late November :smile: It's probably going to be my firm if I get an LSE rejection (which looks likely.) What about you?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Anyone heard from Geography lately?
Original post by Faithy808
I applied for a similar course Anthropological and Archaeological studies.. on the 16th December only had my application confirmed ; have you still not heard anything ??

I had an acknowledgement from the general admissions and then another one from the arch & anth admissions the day after I sent it, but nothing since :frown:
Hey guys does anyone knw if bristol is good for investment banking. Got an offer for aerospace engineering.
Offer for Theology in November, hurrah
Offer holders- did bristol contact you after your track updated and if so how soon after?
Original post by Pheebs1201
Offer holders- did bristol contact you after your track updated and if so how soon after?

Yep yep, track updated ~5:30 on the wednesday and I got an email from Bristol during the daytime on the thursday
Original post by RyuHADOUKEN
Yep yep, track updated ~5:30 on the wednesday and I got an email from Bristol during the daytime on the thursday

Hmm maybe its different for different departments? I got my offer friday but no email yet :s-smilie:
Any news History applicants?
Reply 789
Original post by RyuHADOUKEN

I got my History offer back in November on Track, then i emailed them last week asking for any info on a post application open day and they said theyd send me a pack shortly. It arrived today.

Is anyone else going to the offer-holders arts open day on the 16th Feb?
Original post by katieb1
I got my History offer back in November on Track, then i emailed them last week asking for any info on a post application open day and they said theyd send me a pack shortly. It arrived today.

Is anyone else going to the offer-holders arts open day on the 16th Feb?

Congrats :biggrin: Ahh well seeing as everyone that applies for medicine has to come to the city anyway, I don't think we have an open day... Mine just said that they'd send along accomodation stuff in May if I firmly accepted them :smile:
Just made Bristol my insurance for computer science :love:

:h: I'm finally a member of the Bristolian family :h: (Okay maybe not a permanent member :s-smilie:)
Haha im not really food obsessed I was only joking about the toastie machine and girll :biggrin: Plus I am a fussy eater so in catered Id probably die or just end up eating rubbish, but if I cook for myself there is at least some concious thought involved!

Kangeroos?! Thats amazing. Makes the horses and cows I mentioned look rubbish now haha. Across the field from my horse is an Alpaca which is quite an interesting creature but its no Kangeroo :frown:

Ahh I hope I get invited to an open day soon! It seems every wednesday in feb Im at one open day or another, 2nd- Exeter, 16th- Cardiff, 23rd- Warwick... and hopefully I'll squeeze Bristol in there somewhere too :cool:

Real ale? Sounds interesting... Theyre quite big on ales in Cornwall, Im meant to be knowledgable because I work in this "ye olde" off license thats been around for a hundred or so years but in reality I know nothing! The only society I definitely want to join is horse riding- not very exciting or quirky! I'll have to part ways with my lovely loan horse when I come to uni :love: I feel quite boring now :colondollar:

Ahh that's true, I can be a bit of a fussy eater, but we'll see... I could either end up eating more than normal, or significantly less.
Haha an Alpaca-ace! There used to be some a few miles from my house (off a main road) and I used to think they were hilarious when I was little.
I'm only going to the one open day- Lancaster is my insurance and I've already visited there with my 6th form so going to an open day wouldn't be of much use.

Hmm the Isle of Man apparently has good beer (Bushy's) but I'm not big on the beer and ale. Haha I wouldn't know anything about 'real ale' either :P. I saw that society, I used to be quite into horse riding but had a car accident and broke a couple of bones so stopped and never really picked it up again. I'd love to start again though. And :frown: that must suck! What kind of horse is your loan horse? :smile:

There's also a Bristol Volunteers abroad society which I like the look of, I really want to do some travelling and that is a way of doing it :smile:
Original post by lroberts25
Ahh that's true, I can be a bit of a fussy eater, but we'll see... I could either end up eating more than normal, or significantly less.
Haha an Alpaca-ace! There used to be some a few miles from my house (off a main road) and I used to think they were hilarious when I was little.
I'm only going to the one open day- Lancaster is my insurance and I've already visited there with my 6th form so going to an open day wouldn't be of much use.

Hmm the Isle of Man apparently has good beer (Bushy's) but I'm not big on the beer and ale. Haha I wouldn't know anything about 'real ale' either :P. I saw that society, I used to be quite into horse riding but had a car accident and broke a couple of bones so stopped and never really picked it up again. I'd love to start again though. And :frown: that must suck! What kind of horse is your loan horse? :smile:

There's also a Bristol Volunteers abroad society which I like the look of, I really want to do some travelling and that is a way of doing it :smile:

She's a purebred Arab, never had an Arab before her and she is quite a
madam! Absolutely beautiful though :love: maybe I'll see you at the riding club then haha!

No I'm not a fan of beer or ale, real or otherwise, either. I don't mind the odd cider though, but then who doesn't in Cornwall haha.

Goodness I need to take a look at these societies they all sound fascinating! I'd better get the grades before I start falling in love with Bristol too much though :redface:

I used to think Joey (the Alpaca) was cute until I kept a pony in his field for awhile an he started chasing me :frown: not so cute now, I used to have to take a broom with
me for protection!
Reply 794

Got a letter today for History, 2 and a half months after my offer came through on track.

Think they must have been waiting till after the ucas deadline to send things out so a letter/email should come through shortly if you have a post-offer day.
Reply 795

I didn't get an email, but got a letter about a week after track was updated. Bearing in mind Christmas was in between, it was quite quick.

I guess it varies by department.
Reply 796
Woot woot!! Bristol offer for pharmacology!! Anyone here might be my fellow classmate??
Reply 797
Original post by jinx!
I got an offer in about late November :smile: It's probably going to be my firm if I get an LSE rejection (which looks likely.) What about you?

It's the only one I've not heard from, if I get it I'll be deciding between there and Sussex x
Reply 798
ive got an offer from bristol for engineering mathmatics but im more interested in civil or aeronautical engineering, should i have bristol as my insurance (then probably change course) or put the warwick general engineering (which then you can do whatever type you want after like a year) as my insurance? (or exeter. but i dont like the site as much as warwick).
durham is my first choice
is it just me or does anyone else always spell warwick as warrick..?
:smile:
Reply 799
When is the deadline for getting an offer. Sent in my application for geology since last year november and still haven't gotten a reply...

I really want one so badly :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending