The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lyam
Just something like this...

Dear Dr. X,

I am just writing to tell you that I am delighted to have been offered a place to read for a degree in English at Peterhouse. I can joyously confirm that that I will be accepting the offer as my firm choice and, subject to meeting the conditions of the offer, shall be seeing you in the near future. I apologies for the lateness of this e-mail; I've been somewhat pre-occupied with my January exams. I shall formalise this decision within the course of the next few weeks on UCAS.

All the best,

Londoner92.

That's not that brilliant, but you get the idea.

For some reason 'I can joyously confirm' made me lol.
I just thought you should know that.

Oh, and I didn't say anything about grades. I just said 'I intend to accept... copies of certificates enclosed...' etc.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 821
Original post by TimmonaPortella
For some reason 'I can joyously confirm' made me lol.
I just thought you should know that.

Oh, and I didn't say anything about grades. I just said 'I intend to accept... copies of certificates enclosed...' etc.

Copies of certificates? I haven't been asked for those, I just sent an e-mail. :smile:
Original post by Lyam
Copies of certificates? I haven't been asked for those, I just sent an e-mail. :smile:

Ah. Well on my letter it said 'we need to see copies of certificates by [some date I can't remember]', so we didn't really have to send them yet. I just thought I'd get it out of the way; probably because my choice when I did it was to either go get my copies and send them off, or revise :tongue:
Reply 823
Ah. Well on my letter it said 'we need to see copies of certificates by [some date I can't remember]', so we didn't really have to send them yet. I just thought I'd get it out of the way; probably because my choice when I did it was to either go get my copies and send them off, or revise :tongue:

If I can find my letter, I shall re-read it! Silly me...
Crap, my letter said somehing along the lines of, "Contact us as soon as possible to confirm your acceptance of this offer blah blah blah or at least make official on UCAS when it updates."

I love how they assume that the offer will instantly get firmed on UCAS!
By any chance, does anyone have to send their college a fee status form, passport photocopy and birth certificate?
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Crap, my letter said somehing along the lines of, "Contact us as soon as possible to confirm your acceptance of this offer blah blah blah or at least make official on UCAS when it updates."

It's hardly an unreasonable assumption is it lol.
Even though I didn't really detect that.

Lol, can't really blame them though, can you? I assume you're waiting on your last offer so let them know :wink:
It's hardly an unreasonable assumption is it lol.
Even though I didn't really detect that.

Yeah, just wanted to point it out. Maybe only Catz words their letters like that? :dontknow:
Original post by alexs2602
Lol, can't really blame them though, can you? I assume you're waiting on your last offer so let them know :wink:

Oooh, didn't expect to see you on this thread! Ready to demolish C3 and get 100 UMS?

Yeah, obviously not many people won't firm a Cambridge offer, but I was just pointing it out!
Oooh, didn't expect to see you on this thread! Ready to demolish C3 and get 100 UMS?

Yeah, obviously not many people won't firm a Cambridge offer, but I was just pointing it out!

I saw it on the home page :tongue:
Yep, you? I'm revising M1 right now though, got both of them on wednesday.

Lol, maybe it is a little bigheaded but you can't blame them, like I said.

Snap. :smug:

Yeah, I'm ready, but I hope that they don't decide to make it wildly different to all the other past papers. You're gonna have to sit those two back to back right? Good luck! Not that you need it. :p:
Snap. :smug:

Reread my letter and realised that it was worded in a really nice way; almost as if they didn't expect me to firm it!
Reread my letter and realised that it was worded in a really nice way; almost as if they didn't expect me to firm it!

Mine said they hoped I'd accept :smug:

btw this is my new guy: :smug:
he has, for the moment, replaced pierre.
Reply 835
It's all about :turban:
:bhangra:

This beats all! Or...

:borat:
Yeah, I'm ready, but I hope that they don't decide to make it wildly different to all the other past papers. You're gonna have to sit those two back to back right? Good luck! Not that you need it. :p:

Yep, gonna ask the invigilator to do C3 first since I'm more confident about that. Doubt they will change it much.

Thanks for the luck, luck always comes in handy
Original post by l4ith
It's all about :turban:

Haha excellent, I've not seen that guy before :turban:
He might start making regular appearances in my posts :elefant:
To all the people worrying about replying to their letters via email, I would like to set you all at ease with the awesomeness of the admissions tutor at Homerton.

So I send a respectable, formal letter saying that I am 'delighted' to have received an offer etc and the reply I get is sent from an iphone:

'Glad to hear it Alex. See you in Feb.
Steve'

:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending