The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You know what's funny?

Song has more goals than Bendtner this season. And 'Mr. Perfect' only has one more than Vela.
Song is an attacking midfielder though and Bendtner's job is to hurl balls into the crowd.
Reply 1642
JK.
OP
Bendtner's only played something like 150 prem minutes tbf to him. He's scored 2 and got an assist in that time as well.
I suppose so, though he always gets on the pitch ahead of Vela and has started 7 in all comps (compared to Vela's 3).

While we're on the subject of strikers, I just want to congratulate Anthony Stokes on getting his career back on track in Scotland - a very good player, but just didn't cut the mustard in the English league. Amazing what a difference it's made:

In England - Played 61 Scored 4 (FOUR)
In Scotland - Played 72 Scored 43

To be fair, at the time he was at the club we had Bergkamp, Henry, Van Persie and were about to sign Adebayor.
And to be fairer, in Scotland you're playing against garbage every week.

If Bendtner joined Villa he'd score regularly. He's actually a decent player but his weaknesses get shown up because he can't cope with the subtlety of the play. Vela's got ability but I can only guess he's a lazy ****er in training.
I did wonder at the start of the season what Wenger's plans are for Vela. I expected him to get more first-team football having been given the No. 11 shirt.

If he doesn't go on-loan this month I'll be gobsmacked.
Stokes :love:
Just looking through the BBC squad profiles, I didn't realise Nico Yennaris had been given a number for this season?

He's only 17 as well.

Also, it seems like Rhys Murphy has been in our Reserves for about 10 years. :colonhash:
(edited 13 years ago)
:love:
ill savor this win if/after we win the cup games :colonhash:
Original post by Captain92
Find me a striker or winger with a 1:1 shot:goal ratio.
The chest control to even create the chance was good.

Original post by ZizAli
May I request a source for this statistic please?

Please?
Original post by Overmars
It's emotional protection. Be relentlessly negative about the club. If they win, you're happy because you win. If they lose, you're happy because you can say "told you so" and moan your tits off. I still don't get how any self-respecting gooner can pine for Adebayor though.

I think this is completely unfair for a few reasons.
1. If we win I am not happy. Just because Walcott is scoring goals does not make me happy. Just because we are in Semis of Carling Cup I am not happy. Just because we beat Chelsea I am not happy. I am by no means happy when we do something right because it is short term, my problems lie in the long term.

2. I am not playing a game of "I told you so". I am sharing my feelings, that is all. It is an Arsenal Society, I feel I have a right to discuss where our problems lie.

3. All I said about Adebayor was that his penultimate season at Arsenal was fantastic and he is very hard to replace.

4. This has nothing to do with emotional protection. I am not happy with Wenger. Wenger is the root of my problems. It is due to Wenger I am not happy with the squad. It is due to Wenger I am not happy with the tactics. It is due to Wenger I am not happy with the transfers. I admit, it feels bad speaking negatively about Wenger. Not many of you could do it, he was absolutely fantastic for us when he took over and was winning trophies, absolutely fantastic. But no one deserves a life contract. He is up to no good with the club right now. Yes, we haven't won a trophy for 5 seasons but this is not why I am unhappy. Trophies are a by-product of good squads, tactics, transfers and man management.
Ryo Miyaichi has joined Feyenoord on loan.

Also, our lowest home attendance so far this season is ~59,000. :zomg:

Compare that to Man Utd's lowest, which is ~43,000. Crikey.
(edited 13 years ago)
What do you guys think about Tottenham's purchase of Peinnar?
D'you think we should of put in a bid for him? I mean I'd rather have him over Rosicky.
Original post by marcusmerehay
Ryo Miyaichi has joined Feyenoord on loan.

Also, our lowest home attendance so far this season is ~59,000. :zomg:

Compare that to Man Utd's lowest, which is ~43,000. Crikey.

I think the 70000+ that make most every other home match makes up that difference.
Original post by ZizAli
Please?

You were criticising Walcott for missing chances and they just said well give them an example of any striker that scores every single shot. There's no statistics to find.

And stop being so pessimistic. I'm sure you were probably saying Chelsea have a strong squad and will comfortably finish ahead of us before the season and they haven't been dominant at all. Man City with all their millions are barely ahead of us and we're still involved in all 4 competitions. It's hardly the most depressing season is it? You say you think long term but would splashing money everywhere just when we moved stadium and had big debts to pay be good for us in the long term? Yes Wenger has made some bad decisions both transfer wise and tactics wise at times and some fans understandably want him gone but I don't think he's done as bad a job as you keep making out.
I'd have him over Rosicky but we don't use Rosicky that much, he'd only get a look in if we had a couple of injuries
Original post by ZizAli
I think this is completely unfair for a few reasons.
1. If we win I am not happy. Just because Walcott is scoring goals does not make me happy. Just because we are in Semis of Carling Cup I am not happy. Just because we beat Chelsea I am not happy. I am by no means happy when we do something right because it is short term, my problems lie in the long term.

2. I am not playing a game of "I told you so". I am sharing my feelings, that is all. It is an Arsenal Society, I feel I have a right to discuss where our problems lie.

3. All I said about Adebayor was that his penultimate season at Arsenal was fantastic and he is very hard to replace.

4. This has nothing to do with emotional protection. I am not happy with Wenger. Wenger is the root of my problems. It is due to Wenger I am not happy with the squad. It is due to Wenger I am not happy with the tactics. It is due to Wenger I am not happy with the transfers. I admit, it feels bad speaking negatively about Wenger. Not many of you could do it, he was absolutely fantastic for us when he took over and was winning trophies, absolutely fantastic. But no one deserves a life contract. He is up to no good with the club right now. Yes, we haven't won a trophy for 5 seasons but this is not why I am unhappy. Trophies are a by-product of good squads, tactics, transfers and man management.

Ok, you are consistent. That much is clear.

I'd hate to be your life coach but in many ways that is worse -- can you not just lighten up a bit? I mean being "not happy" when Walcott scores a goal...wtf is that? It's a game. Enjoy it. If you're going to be constantly 'unhappy' when watching us play then you might as well not watch us play.
Forget Pienaar, make a move for Kranjcar. Krnanjcar > Pienaar, imo.

Latest