The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Original post by dmz
That might make practising medicine a bit hard,
I'm kidding, i know i so badly want a place, Glasgow if not Leeds

meh il build robot arms haha . Ye same with leeds . I just realised your like my twin in terms of places applied and UKCAT haha
Reply 761
Original post by G550NDH
meh il build robot arms haha . Ye same with leeds . I just realised your like my twin in terms of places applied and UKCAT haha

Haha true, you got 1 more A than me and i was 4 UMS off an A in one sub, have you only heard from Glasgow then?
Reply 762
Original post by dmz
Haha true, you got 1 more A than me and i was 4 UMS off an A in one sub, have you only heard from Glasgow then?

ahh unlucky about the 4 UMS man. I was off by 3 UMS in physics :frown: Ye i got an interview on friday haha ! so im ****ting myself
Reply 763
Original post by G550NDH
ahh unlucky about the 4 UMS man. I was off by 3 UMS in physics :frown: Ye i got an interview on friday haha ! so im ****ting myself

6 off an A* in physics, but yer urs would have been more impressive, don't men, try to be confident helps you talk too, i reckon you'll do great
rejection :frown:

oh well...it was a long shot anyway....

bastards are missing out
Reply 765
Original post by infernalcradle

bastards are missing out

Ohh man ! Sorry to hear about that :frown:
Can you think of a reason as to why they would ?
You have an amazing ukcat ! I'm very confused
Reply 766
My UKCAT is 717.5 and i was rejected this morning too. Absolutely gutted :frown:
Original post by Cinder5
My UKCAT is 717.5 and i was rejected this morning too. Absolutely gutted :frown:

That's totally **** :frown: how did you find out?
Reply 768

bastards are missing out

Wow, did you have an interview first? And what are your grades like?
Reply 769
Original post by Cinder5

WTF ???!! What reason could they have rejected you !? This is bull**** mate
Reply 770
Original post by Cinder5

that's pretty messed up up. What were your academics?
Original post by G550NDH
WTF ???!! What reason could they have rejected you !? This is bull**** mate

Original post by dmz
that's pretty messed up up. What were your academics?

no interview

cos my grades were not good enough....

predicted A*BB...so sort of expecting it really, but still dissapointed as I thought I stood a chance given that I hadn't heard anything
(edited 13 years ago)

bastards are missing out

Don't worry. I'll be joining you soon! Now if only I could have had your UKCAT score :colone:

Chin up mate!
Original post by Caponester
Don't worry. I'll be joining you soon! Now if only I could have had your UKCAT score :colone:

Chin up mate!

well...I don't need it anymore....

I'll sell it to you for 100
Reply 774
well...I don't need it anymore....

I'll sell it to you for 100

I'm sure you'll be alright if you were to re-apply, UKCAT only gets better and you'll have proper grades then :smile:
Original post by cuhlowey
yea i was asked why not nursing or pharmacy (because ive worked in a pharmacy for 3 years) but sure! i gave them an answer lol. i think i was just really glad it was over because i was so nervous beforehand..only got home from glasgow this afternoon,love the city,really wanna get in!

Same - think Glasgow might be my priority now. Tell me this though, are you applying down south?
Reply 776
Original post by That Bearded Man
Same - think Glasgow might be my priority now. Tell me this though, are you applying down south?

nope....are you?
i don't particularly want to do the HPAT tbh!
Interviewed yestarday,

really enjoyed it, felt so nervous before but it was really interesting and the tutors doing the interview are very very friendly.

The questions were nice but its unfair to list any. My favourite university so far of all the places ive applied.
Reply 778
Original post by phill232
Interviewed yestarday,

really enjoyed it, felt so nervous before but it was really interesting and the tutors doing the interview are very very friendly.

The questions were nice but its unfair to list any. My favourite university so far of all the places ive applied.

gooood :smile: i felt good about it afterwards because they were friendly. but i dont wanna jinx it!!
Reply 779
Original post by cuhlowey
gooood :smile: i felt good about it afterwards because they were friendly. but i dont wanna jinx it!!

i actually left smiling, but I'm worried cos the questions weren't too hard so not sure if I've actually proved myself

Quick Reply

Latest