The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

University of Derby interview for Primary teaching

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
no worries : ) i know how you feel, i was like searching everyyywhere for just a tiny bit of help! haha : ) and thankyou! and good luck! : )
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 21
Hi SuperEf

Thanks a lot for the info. i have my interview next week and was a little worried about the tests. I couldn't access the site you advised for the spelling and for the maths did you revise it on the bbc website.

any help would be great,

Thanks
Reply 22
Can I also ask, did you have to read a childrens book? What is the purpose this?
Reply 23
Just another question to add, my interview is soon, what kind of clothes do/did you wear? X
Reply 24
woooops ive only just seen that i didnt reply to comments weeks ago :s-smilie: sorrryyy! hope your interviews went wellll!and i went smartishh(not really) haha, i wore yano the trousers that are like all over zara atm?haha...basically smart casual, with brouges, and a blouse tucked in. tbh it really doesnt matter what you wear.people ranged fro full on suits to bodycon skirts with uggs ahha. just wear something you would wear to a work experience maybe? just something you are confident in too : ) ...hope im not too late with answering ahah : ) x
Reply 25
I've got an interview in march... so how many people are there on the same day? and what do i need to know about this childrens book? x
Reply 26
Original post by maddy93
I've got an interview in march... so how many people are there on the same day? and what do i need to know about this childrens book? x

Is it on the 23rd? Mine is! Might see you there! :tongue:
Reply 27
mmm theres like 60 people? but then quite a lot more because a lot of people bring parents and stuff. and you dont really need to know much about the book tbh. just look at how they made it good for children. - the rhyming, and big colourful pictures etc. its not really about the content though. its just so they can see how you write- punctuation and stuff : )
Reply 28
Thanks for the help! Had my interview yesterday, it really isn't that bad once your there! Any questions just post them!

Thanks for writing what you wore, kinda wore the same!

There are 36 being interviewed at a time
Reply 29
no problem, and yeee its realy not that bad is itttt : ) hah : ) oh really?! haha. well i was close...ish haha :biggrin:
Reply 30
Can your parents come with you? like in the place?
Reply 31
yeeep : ) they can do everything except from be there in the tests and interview (obviously) haha. i think they are taken care of by tour guide people : )
Reply 32
As said above, your Parents are welcome to certain parts but I recommend going on your own as your more likely to mingle within a group as you all have something in common. I found this helped when doing the group interview! X
Reply 33
i had my interview the other week and they emailed me the other day saying i wasnt successful, however they have made me an offer for education studies which i am pleased with.

Basically there's just a group interview where you sit in a semi circle with 6 or 7 other candidates and just discuss different topics. Throughout the interview make sure you speak enough and contribute your own ideas clearly to the group...otherwise they will use that against you and simply not give you a place on the course.

Also, make sure you're prepared for the tests because the maths questions included basic algebra, ratios, proportions, mutliplying decimals etcccc.. and for the english section there is a spelling test and a chance for you to write about the book you have read(they are looking at your handwriting and the use of standard english etccc)

=D
Reply 34
yee i deffo advise going by yourself for that exact reason. it makes you mingle more which really helps and makes you feel more confident : ) and sammmmmee! i also got rejected but got an offer for education studies : ) which tbh is good because it wasnt the best of interviews ive had! so ill probs use it as a back up or something. bit annoying how you dont get qts afterwards though. oh well. better than nothing : )
Reply 35
Hi :smile:

Good luck/congradulations with your interviews!

I'm in my first year at Derby doing Primary teaching and I love it, was in your position last year with the interviews!

So if anyone has any questions about the interview/course then i'd be happy to help as I couldn't find anyone when I was applying that could tell me anything about it!

Or private message me!
:smile:

x
Reply 36
Original post by Stephss
Hi :smile:

Good luck/congradulations with your interviews!

I'm in my first year at Derby doing Primary teaching and I love it, was in your position last year with the interviews!

So if anyone has any questions about the interview/course then i'd be happy to help as I couldn't find anyone when I was applying that could tell me anything about it!

Or private message me!
:smile:

x

Hi my interview is on Wednesday! I would like to know the sort of issues that will be asked in the group interview, what sort of things should go in my speech and how long are the tests? :smile:
Hi there guys,

Have any of you heard from Derby yet about offers of places?

I went for an interview in December and they said they would allocate places when the TDA had allocated the places for ITT.

The TDA allocated the places last Friday I believe yet I still haven't heard from Derby :|

Anyone heard anything?

Thanks

Kris
Reply 38
Anyone got an interview at Derby tomorrow?! :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by kizzz!
Anyone got an interview at Derby tomorrow?! :smile:

Yep! (: looking forward to it? or nervous? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending