Singapore Kopitiam

Scroll to see replies

Any sgians firming Notts this Sept?
notts?
Pakistani
Reply 2243
Original post by HayThereMardyBum
Any sgians firming Notts this Sept?

got an offer for Msci in International relations & global issues, but not sure yet. Waiting for St Andrews' and LSE X:.
Are you firming notts?
Original post by jmism
got an offer for Msci in International relations & global issues, but not sure yet. Waiting for St Andrews' and LSE X:.
Are you firming notts?

where are you studying at now?
Reply 2245
Original post by BrilliantMinds
where are you studying at now?

waiting for A level results release :smile:
notts?

University of Nottingham

Original post by jmism
Are you firming notts?

Nice, well yeah I'm pretty much all set with Notts. Do let me know if you happen to firm it.
i dun understand this thread,,,,,
Reply 2248
University of Nottingham

Nice, well yeah I'm pretty much all set with Notts. Do let me know if you happen to firm it.

cool, what are you planning to study there? (:
Original post by jmism
cool, what are you planning to study there? (:

Really boring stuff I'm afraid; MSci Comp Sci.
Really boring stuff I'm afraid; MSci Comp Sci.

eh I have some questions I would like to ask, before I do so, I would like to tell you all I mean no offence!

1)Why do you want to study at nottingham, when our local unis are just as good as it?

2)If you find computer science boring, why are you spending so much money getting a degree on it?

3)Imperial's good for comp. sci, try imperial?
eh I have some questions I would like to ask, before I do so, I would like to tell you all I mean no offence!

1)Why do you want to study at nottingham, when our local unis are just as good as it?

2)If you find computer science boring, why are you spending so much money getting a degree on it?

3)Imperial's good for comp. sci, try imperial?

1) Most important for me would be Exposure and have a line of family members (parents, aunts and etc) who went there, I find it to be a tradition really. Some of my closest friends and relatives are there now.

2) I was replying to a girl, in which most of them would consider it to be boring. Also, Who said It's 'my' money? :P

3) Prestige is not the highest priority for me.
an overseas education, woah you must be loaded!

jmism you heard that:sexface:
Reply 2253

no one going to Warwick this year to do Maths / MORSE? :frown:
^
I think maths of warwick isn't that heard of yet, maybe in future years?
(edited 13 years ago)
^
People (singaporeans in general) usually head to cambridge/imperial to do maths lol

That wasn't very nice :s-smilie: You should be more encouraging than to laugh at choices.

Not everyone is into Imperial, Mr. Boon Ping Lu of St. Andrew's Junior College.

:sexface:
Reply 2256
^
People (singaporeans in general) usually head to cambridge/imperial to do maths lol

That is not exactly true. I know of people who go to Warwick for Maths.
Warwick is VERY reputable for its Maths department (some view it on par or even better than Imperial!), though it may fall short in its general reputation as a whole since it is a young university as compared to the likes of Imperial and Cambridge.

I suspect its overall ranking will rise over the years.
Reply 2257
Original post by Narev
no one going to Warwick this year to do Maths / MORSE? :frown:

Warwick is actually my third choice! I will be studying Maths and heading over to UK this year. How is the course over there? Is Warwick Maths as crazily hard as people depict on the forum?
Reply 2258
But I agree with this! ^

"People (singaporeans in general) usually head to cambridge/imperial to do maths lol"

That's because if you can't get into the best University for Maths (Cambridge), then why not choose an easier University (Imperial) for Maths, with a London brand name so you can slack, but show off as well? :smile:
Reply 2259
Original post by Narev
But I agree with this! ^

"People (singaporeans in general) usually head to cambridge/imperial to do maths lol"

That's because if you can't get into the best University for Maths (Cambridge), then why not choose an easier University (Imperial) for Maths, with a London brand name so you can slack, but show off as well? :smile:

Haha, then why did you choose Warwick in the first place?

I thought Imperial Maths is not that much easier than Cambridge (though Cambridge still triumphs in terms of difficulty). They both have high workload and the course is almost equally crazy in both universities. The only difference is probably the more personalised tutorial system in Cambridge.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending