The Student Room Group

OCR (not MEI) Core 3 - 19/01/2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ElMoro
With the exam a few just a few weeks away, how is preperation going? Feel free to discuss the exams and any problems here.

Good luck everyone! :biggrin:

Hey, because you're the OP, can we possibly put the quote below in your opening post? (Or something asking someone to send a C3 paper to Mr M? And possibly a link to Mr M's profile in case someone with the paper doesn't know where to find him? And could you do it in big bold red letters or something? :biggrin: Sorry, I know I'm being demanding here :tongue:

Original post by Freerider101

By the way will anyone be able to get a question paper? Mr M said that no one is sitting C3 at his centre so unless someone sends him a copy of the questions he can't do solutions.

It's of paramount importance that someone gets their little mittens on a C3 paper :eek:
I need the solutions!!! :eek:
Don't panic - someone will have one. I will keep 30 mins free tomorrow evening to sort out the answers when a paper eventually appears.
Original post by Mr M
Don't panic - someone will have one. I will keep 30 mins free tomorrow evening to sort out the answers when a paper eventually appears.

Aww thank you Mr M :') You're making TSR better, one equation at a time :')
Original post by Rational Paradox
i can only hope we get a decent paper, i'm probably gonna end up being exhausted by the time i get to FP1 lol - im just curious how they somehow thought putting two similar exams on at the same time was a good idea :rolleyes:

Agreed. Death would be too kind too OCR.

I reckon I could do pretty well or really **** in FP1 :mad:

TBH C3 is where it is at.
Original post by nikita_atikin
It's of paramount importance that someone gets their little mittens on a C3 paper :eek:
I need the solutions!!! :eek:

Well I've never asked for the school for a copy of the exam paper, but I could try I guess (not sure what they would think). And also I have FP1 straight afterwards though I can't guarantee anything.
Reply 25
I'm not looking forward at all to the last question tommorows paper. They have all been so hard, so I'm praying I can just fluke my way to the right answer!!
Original post by Freerider101
Well I've never asked for the school for a copy of the exam paper, but I could try I guess (not sure what they would think). And also I have FP1 straight afterwards though I can't guarantee anything.

Oh no lol I didn't mean you as in just you :tongue:... Just thought that because you put the idea out that we need a C3 paper for Mr M, if we put it in the opening post then someone with the paper might be likely to see it and send it to Mr M. :smile:
Don't try and get one if you can't I know that sometimes schools might not like it because they use these papers as mocks. Also, good luck for FP1... I remember the good old FP1 days! :rolleyes:
Original post by turn and fall
Agreed. Death would be too kind too OCR.

I reckon I could do pretty well or really **** in FP1 :mad:

TBH C3 is where it is at.

Same, but this is a retake, so i don't have as much pressure as i do for C3 - all i got to remember to do is take it slowly and think the problem through, then it should (hopefully) be ok - or OCR decide to be nice and actually give out a reasonable paper, but by the looks of the last ones that looks unlikely :frown:
Reply 28
Original post by nikita_atikin
Hey, because you're the OP, can we possibly put the quote below in your opening post? (Or something asking someone to send a C3 paper to Mr M? And possibly a link to Mr M's profile in case someone with the paper doesn't know where to find him? And could you do it in big bold red letters or something? :biggrin: Sorry, I know I'm being demanding here :tongue:

Done :wink:
Original post by ElMoro
Done :wink:

Cheers! :biggrin:
Good luck everyone!

I'm resitting this tomorrow - in the same session as FP1!

It's going to be a long 3 hours...
Reply 31
Feeling so bad about this exam :frown: I'm really good at the maths in the lessons I just can't do it in the exams. Even revision is making me stressed, not good.
Reply 32
God, I really hate graph sketching and transformation of curves. They're always in reverse :frown:
I hate C3 so much. So many fiddly little things I always cock up :frown:
Game on bitchezzzz :smile:
Reply 35
Well...I thought that was the hardest C3 paper I've ever seen D:
Original post by 04ghicks
Well...I thought that was the hardest C3 paper I've ever seen D:

Definitely! Half of the questions weren't even in the normal C3 paper style. Goodbye Uni!
Having said that everyone I've spoken to found it horrible.
Haha lol C3 fail :colone:

Original post by fortunecookie
Definitely! Half of the questions weren't even in the normal C3 paper style. Goodbye Uni!
Having said that everyone I've spoken to found it horrible.

:sexface:
Reply 38
That was the hardest core 3 paper I've ever seen and the hardest exam I've had to sit :frown:. I reckon I've got about 3/13 marks from question 9 xD **** knows how bad I've done on the rest of the paper. Hello resit in June :frown:
Reply 39
That was nasty. No issues up until around question eight, but wow. I looked around and one girl was in tears, and several guys were just sitting there, apparently having given up.

One bit of good news though - in June 2010, you needed 50/72 for an A, which is around 70%, so hopefully this will be similar or lower.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending