The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yilyn
What were your other conditionals and unsuccessful? I'm anxiously waiting for more replies. :smile:

Oxford (Brasenose) - AAA
UCL - AAA
Bristol - AAB
LSE - Rejection
KCL - Rejection

Good luck!!!! :smile: Where else have you applied to?
Reply 1421
Original post by mishieru07
Oxford (Brasenose) - AAA
UCL - AAA
Bristol - AAB
LSE - Rejection
KCL - Rejection

LSE
UCL
KCL
Nottingham

Wow Bristol gave you a AAB offer? That's great! Are you a home or international student?
Reply 1422
Original post by yilyn
Course: Law
University: Cardiff University
Offer: ABB

It feels great to get the first offer. :biggrin:

Grats! May I ask what your predicted grades are?
Guys,

I was wondering whether someone could help me. I have an A*AA offer and am unsure exactly wot that means. Does it mean I need A*AA in the total A Level or in my actual A2 level exam i.e 90%, 80 and 80??
Reply 1424
OFFER OF UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM!

AAA!

LAW M100.

OMG, never ever thought that I would get an offer. This was an Lnat uni, so it kind of fills me with some confidence that I did okay...? Happy though!
Reply 1425
Original post by matt1291

AAA!

LAW M100.

OMG, never ever thought that I would get an offer. This was an Lnat uni, so it kind of fills me with some confidence that I did okay...? Happy though!

Excellent!! Congrats man. Now make sure you get the grades. :tongue:
Original post by rtzj00
Guys,

I was wondering whether someone could help me. I have an A*AA offer and am unsure exactly wot that means. Does it mean I need A*AA in the total A Level or in my actual A2 level exam i.e 90%, 80 and 80??

Usually that means you need A*AA in your A levels overall.

I did mine before A*s so I don't know how you get them, but for the As you need an average of 80% across all the modules (unless that's changed too?).

AAA!

LAW M100.

Well done :smile: yeah, that's a pretty good sign for your LNAT :tongue:

Have you had an email about visit days?

AAA!

LAW M100.

:congrats:

AAA!

LAW M100.

Congrats. :top2:
Original post by mishieru07
Oxford (Brasenose) - AAA
UCL - AAA
Bristol - AAB
LSE - Rejection
KCL - Rejection

Wow congrats on your offers :smile: Just wondering, when you got your offers from Bristol and UCL?
Reply 1430
Original post by Hf1992
Excellent!! Congrats man. Now make sure you get the grades. :tongue:

Thank You! And I know, I need BBC for AAA overall, but obviously not gonna aim for that as if I get BCC I'm ****ed. So aiming for AAA in exam.

Question. They've said:

"AAA in any of your four A Levels"

But, I'm not taking the Politics A Level anymore, so I'd still have the AAA they need. Do I need to tell them that I'm not doing Politics or shall I just leave it and just get AAA, as I wouldn't have missed their requirements as I will have achieved AAA...?

Original post by Potiron

Well done :smile: yeah, that's a pretty good sign for your LNAT :tongue:

Have you had an email about visit days?

Thank You! Ooo, thank you! Still probably get a rejection of UCL though, they're bastards I've heard haha!

And no not yet, just recieved the offer about 5 minutes ago haha!
Reply 1431
Original post by Hf1992
Grats! May I ask what your predicted grades are?

Thanks! :biggrin: My AS was aabb (b for Economics and History). I resat both papers though.

I think I was predicted A* for Accounting and A for Mathematics and Economics. I wasn't suppose to know my predicted grades due to my college policy but I manage to get it out of my lecturers except for History. I guess History should either be an A or a B.

Have you gotten any offers?

Thank You! Ooo, thank you! Still probably get a rejection of UCL though, they're bastards I've heard haha!

And no not yet, just recieved the offer about 5 minutes ago haha!

Fair point, they took ages to tell me about them, and when they did it was telling me they still had spaces left but to hurry up, so I think something got lost in the post. They have loads.

Who else are you waiting for? I just had an email from Ucas pop up in the corner and give me a heart attack, but it was bloody Ucas media :mad:
Original post by rtzj00

Original post by rtzj00
Guys,

thats you whole A levels mate :smile:
Reply 1434
Thank You! And I know, I need BBC for AAA overall, but obviously not gonna aim for that as if I get BCC I'm ****ed. So aiming for AAA in exam.

Question. They've said:

"AAA in any of your four A Levels"

But, I'm not taking the Politics A Level anymore, so I'd still have the AAA they need. Do I need to tell them that I'm not doing Politics or shall I just leave it and just get AAA, as I wouldn't have missed their requirements as I will have achieved AAA...?

Ah, if they said "AAA in any of your four A levels" then I believe you should be okay if you get AAA in the other three a-levels as they didn't specify a grade for the fourth.

Original post by yilyn
Thanks! :biggrin: My AS was aabb (b for Economics and History). I resat both papers though.

I think I was predicted A* for Accounting and A for Mathematics and Economics. I wasn't suppose to know my predicted grades due to my college policy but I manage to get it out of my lecturers except for History. I guess History should either be an A or a B.

Have you gotten any offers?

Nice, yeah so far I've only received one offer from Leeds for AAA. Still waiting on the other 4.
Reply 1435
Original post by Potiron
Fair point, they took ages to tell me about them, and when they did it was telling me they still had spaces left but to hurry up, so I think something got lost in the post. They have loads.

Who else are you waiting for? I just had an email from Ucas pop up in the corner and give me a heart attack, but it was bloody Ucas media :mad:

Haha, theyve sent me a few emails about an account they made for me on the UniofBirm website, but I havent been on it... Maybe I should...

Imma wait till all my offers come in first and then decide which ones I wanna go to, and then open day visit them all!

I'm just waiting for UCL now, absolutely cacking cacking it. I would love to go there, but I'm predicting rejection galore lmao! What about you?

And I KNOW, as soon as I get that email about notification chance, my heart skips a beat, I was like "its a rejection, i failed that lnat" and it wasn't so i screamed and mother ran in screaming like "WHAAAAAAT!" haha
Reply 1436
Original post by rtzj00
Guys,

The A* means you have to get 90% in one subject at A2 but all three subjects must be at least A overall. Hope this helps and congratulations for your offer.
Haha, theyve sent me a few emails about an account they made for me on the UniofBirm website, but I havent been on it... Maybe I should...

Imma wait till all my offers come in first and then decide which ones I wanna go to, and then open day visit them all!

I'm just waiting for UCL now, absolutely cacking cacking it. I would love to go there, but I'm predicting rejection galore lmao! What about you?

And I KNOW, as soon as I get that email about notification chance, my heart skips a beat, I was like "its a rejection, i failed that lnat" and it wasn't so i screamed and mother ran in screaming like "WHAAAAAAT!" haha

I'm waiting for Warwick and Cardiff. I hope you get into UCL, hopefully you'll hear soon.

Was it a terribly girly scream?
Reply 1438
Original post by Potiron
I'm waiting for Warwick and Cardiff. I hope you get into UCL, hopefully you'll hear soon.

Was it a terribly girly scream?

Best of luck, hope you get offers of them too! Who else have you applied too?

Haha, no it wasn't that bad, it was more of an "ARGHHH!" as oppose to a "AIIIIY" if you get me, my phoentic alphabet is a bit off today!
Best of luck, hope you get offers of them too! Who else have you applied too?

Haha, no it wasn't that bad, it was more of an "ARGHHH!" as oppose to a "AIIIIY" if you get me, my phoentic alphabet is a bit off today!

Bristol and Reading and Birmingham. I really don't know where I'm going to firm, hopefully after I visit everywhere again I'll make up my mind. I fell in love with Reading when I went there. Head over heels.

Latest

Trending

Trending