Visit website
Original post by Kayleyyyy

I am confused ò.ò I've checked the "useful links" on AES. and I found this:

"University college"
Successful applicants will receive confirmation of their college via UCAS track
Colleges.

What does it mean? O.o

They usually only put a named college under that link when you've been allocated there. If that's what you asked for, looks like that's what you got. Congratulations!
Original post by KayteeKaytee
They usually only put a named college under that link when you've been allocated there. If that's what you asked for, looks like that's what you got. Congratulations!

Are you serious ??? O.o
so , I suppose It's something good :biggrin:
I can't believe it :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: And yes I applied there **
Reply 2823
St John's appeared under my "Useful links" (in the AES) today, so looks like I got into my first choice, according to the other posts on this thread! Excellent...

Are you serious ??? O.o
so , I suppose It's something good :biggrin:
I can't believe it :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: And yes I applied there **

I think they put that link there when they send the letter out. You'll probably get that in the next few days.
Original post by riever86

Congratulations! What subject?

Wonderful! ** I applied for PPE :biggrin: What about you? :smile:
Have biomed offers dried up since the New Year - perhaps cos they're waiting to get all their applications in first?
Or is it just me that they're ignoring? Mine went to dept just before Christmas and there its stayed!
Original post by Ahmed.23
I don't want to be too close to family... the point of going to university and being independent and stuff will be lost then...haha!! I meant that if go to Warwick during term I might be able to visit during a long weekend or something... but my teacher was like Durham is pretty chilled out...!! So...still thinking!!haha

Nope i dont do IB..im doing GCE A-Levels. Im doing Maths, Further Maths, Economics and AS Geography (really interesting.. for me atleast)...
I thought of applying to St. Andrews but its way up north and too cold!!
What subjects u doing?
Im not exactly sure.. What is Anthropology about?

hahaha well you might've wanted to be close to them - to have home cooked meals or something? I know people that are like "I have family in Bristol.. ok, I think I'll apply to Bristol" whereas family really doesn't factor in at all for me - I know I won't see them lol.

Yea I'm not too excited about St Andrews.. I'll consider it though if I get an offer.

Ah ok cool :smile: we have Geog in common, I find it quite amusing that you felt the need to justify it.
I do English Higher, Biology Higher, Geography Higher, Maths Standard (its the middle of three options) Italian B Standard and Art Standard.

lol.. I always have a really hard time trying to explain Anthropology. In its broadest sense its the study of humanity and this can basically be through culture/society and biology. One distinction I've read between Anthropology and the other types of human sciences is that anthropologists immerse themselves within a culture to gain a better understanding rather than pure observation -- though I don't really know to what extent thats true at an undergraduate level. Anyways, what I like is how it seems to overlap with so many of the things I'm interested in, Biology, Geography, Linguistics, the Arts (literature, history of art.. etc in terms of culture), Psychology, Sociology.. it lets me be a bit indecisive and greedy, which I love!

I'm sorry, I'm sure you told me before, what have you applied for again?
Reply 2829
ah, the wait for a durham reply is painful..! i sent my application off early october too and i'm still awaiting a response..
GCSE grades: four A*s and ten A's

AS grades: six A's + A in full philosophy a level
predicted grades: four A*s (dropped a subject)

uni course: History.

cambridge - rejection
ucl - rejection
britol - conditional
exeter - ?
durham - ?

things aren't going too well.. :frown:
Original post by extaccy
ah, the wait for a durham reply is painful..! i sent my application off early october too and i'm still awaiting a response..

Don't worry there are plenty still waiting! (Including me!) :tongue:
Reply 2831
has anyone applied for sociology or politics and sociology course? here??
Reply 2832
Original post by imazing
Anyone for Ancient History?

yeah me but ive not heard anything yet, what about you?
Reply 2833

I'm applying for law - yourself?
Reply 2834
Finally AES says: 'Your application has been received by a College.'

Hurra! :woo:

Now fingers crossed for the last bit!

I'm applying for law - yourself?

Geography - got an offer in November. Just waiting for Bristol now.
Reply 2836
Original post by extaccy

cambridge - rejection
ucl - rejection
britol - conditional
exeter - ?
durham - ?

Don't worry! Bristol IS AMAZING history i know sooo many people who really want to go there with amazing grades.. it's so much fun and one of the best after oxbridge.. Well done! :smile:
Original post by extaccy

cambridge - rejection
ucl - rejection
britol - conditional
exeter - ?
durham - ?

You have bristol, which is good, so you have somewhere to go next year
and your A level grades are perfect so far, and Durham are pretty reliant on those, so you have a pretty good chance, but don't worry about it until they contact you
Reply 2838
Just a quick question, does anyone know if, when you're replying to offers, if you can choose your firm and insurance separately? Or if you have to reply to your firm and insurance at the same time?

Because I know I'm *definitely* firming Durham but I'm not so sure about an insurance...

Otherwise, if anyone could give me any reasons to choose either Manchester or Sheffield for my insurance, go for it! (and would be much appreciated).
Reply 2839
Original post by Hnk2401
Just a quick question, does anyone know if, when you're replying to offers, if you can choose your firm and insurance separately? Or if you have to reply to your firm and insurance at the same time?

Because I know I'm *definitely* firming Durham but I'm not so sure about an insurance...

Otherwise, if anyone could give me any reasons to choose either Manchester or Sheffield for my insurance, go for it! (and would be much appreciated).

I've heard amazing things about sheffield from so many people! and its soo nice and a good uni at the same time.. im not applying but if you have an offer i would choose it as insurance.. what's your subject? :smile:

Latest