Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2860
Original post by Saffcake
:redface: i just got an offer!!!!
i genuinely thought i'd get rejected :')

Congrats, well done!:wink:
What's your subject?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2861
Original post by Sappho
Thank you :biggrin:
Which college did you get your offer from again?

St Chad's. Will you go to Open Day?
Reply 2862
Original post by Sappho
Congrats, well done!:wink:
What's your subject?

Its for marketing - ABB.
I'm excited, but the fact that its on the stockon campus is a bit of a downer! :redface:
But i'm still so suprised coz my GCSE's arn't that great :P
haha, have you applied too? :smile:
Reply 2863
Original post by skypig97
St Chad's. Will you go to Open Day?

I don't think I'll make it to one unfortunately.:frown: But at least my parents said if the offer becomes official, they might visit Durham with me for Carneval:smile:
Reply 2864
Original post by Saffcake
Its for marketing - ABB.
I'm excited, but the fact that its on the stockon campus is a bit of a downer! :redface:
But i'm still so suprised coz my GCSE's arn't that great :P
haha, have you applied too? :smile:

That offer seems very nice for Durham. I've seen mostly AAA offers, so they must very like your application:smile:
Yes, I'm applying to read Classics, and my application has been forwarded to a college today, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the next bit:wink:
Reply 2865
Original post by Sappho
I don't think I'll make it to one unfortunately.:frown: But at least my parents said if the offer becomes official, they might visit Durham with me for Carneval:smile:

What is Carneval? Did you apply to Castle?
Reply 2866
Original post by Sappho
Finally AES says: 'Your application has been received by a College.'

Hurra! :woo:

Now fingers crossed for the last bit!

Same :smile: I got it on Friday! what college and subject ?? :biggrin: fingers crossed for both of us!
Reply 2867
Original post by skypig97
What is Carneval? Did you apply to Castle?

Haha, I always forget some people don't know Carneval because it's so much a part of my life. The few days before Ashes Wednesday we celebrate Carneval along the Rhine, but Cologne is at the very heart of it. Here are some impressions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3eAzeALS2k&feature=related
And yes - they do throw sweets, and yes, for free:tongue:
If ever you can make it to Cologne during that period, do come, it's wonderful. When my English exchange partner went there with me, she said "This is the strangest party I've ever been to, and I've been to a few!":biggrin:

Yes, I applied to Castle.
Reply 2868
Original post by h123f
Same :smile: I got it on Friday! what college and subject ?? :biggrin: fingers crossed for both of us!

I applied for Classics at Castle:smile:
Thanks and the same for you!
Reply 2869
Original post by Sappho
Haha, I always forget some people don't know Carneval because it's so much a part of my life. The few days before Ashes Wednesday we celebrate Carneval along the Rhine, but Cologne is at the very heart of it. Here are some impressions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3eAzeALS2k&feature=related
And yes - they do throw sweets, and yes, for free:tongue:
If ever you can make it to Cologne during that period, do come, it's wonderful. When my English exchange partner went there with me, she said "This is the strangest party I've ever been to, and I've been to a few!":biggrin:

Yes, I applied to Castle.

Hey, we do the same :smile: And we (or rather children from a nearby nursery school) also carry a big witch-doll to the river :wink:
Reply 2870
I think it is more probable that Chuck Norris will lick his elbow than that I will hear from Durham!
Reply 2871
Original post by gfaust
Awesome! Another future Johnian. And another mature student to boot! Congratulations!

Hey thanks - you too! I take it you're an American? I lived in the US for 7 years, returned here almost three years back.
Original post by Ivanka
I think it is more probable that Chuck Norris will lick his elbow than that I will hear from Durham!

Same here. :emo:
Reply 2873
Original post by Ultimate1
Same here. :emo:

Hey, cheer up!:smile:
The wait is hard, but now that the deadline's passed we should all hear from them soon!

Fingers crossed for us, my fellow TSRians!:biggrin:
Original post by Sappho
Hey, cheer up!:smile:
The wait is hard, but now that the deadline's passed we should all hear from them soon!

Fingers crossed for us, my fellow TSRians!:biggrin:

hopefully in 10 months time we'll be preparing to go Durham! :woo:

We may even bump into each other there. :biggrin:
Original post by Seasick Steve
That's the Open Day I should be booking after my exams finish.

Durham wasn't one of my medicine choices: I went for Keele, Aberdeen and UEA (rejected).

Manchester was my other choice, also for biomedicine, but even though they gave me a conditional offer, I probably won't even include it as my insurance. I'd much rather Durham tbh.

Yes book it! Although i'm not sure if i've officially booked it because I havn't even received some sort of acknowledgement from the college - it's been a month! (???) Good luck for the rest of your med choices :smile: And you should choose Durham over Manchester, not that i'm biased or anything.... :rolleyes:
Reply 2876
Original post by Ultimate1
hopefully in 10 months time we'll be preparing to go Durham! :woo:

We may even bump into each other there. :biggrin:

Promise you will cry "Sappho!" when a girl bumps into you on your first day at Durham!:biggrin:
Original post by Sappho
Promise you will cry "Sappho!" when a girl bumps into you on your first day at Durham!:biggrin:

PROMISE!

What college you applied to?
Original post by mooniibuggy
Yes book it! Although i'm not sure if i've officially booked it because I havn't even received some sort of acknowledgement from the college - it's been a month! (???) Good luck for the rest of your med choices :smile: And you should choose Durham over Manchester, not that i'm biased or anything.... :rolleyes:

I went on like an informal interview/tour of Manchester last year, and it just didn't appeal to me. It was so big, because there's like three universities there and 40,000 plus students. For me, Durham looks like a nicer place to live and work.

That and my offer from Manc. is like 3 times higher than Durham's!
Reply 2879
Original post by SpectacledBear
I'd probably say ring admissions, they'll be able to solve / put you in contact with whoever the relevant person is.
What have you changed it to now then?

It's alright - it's been updated now! (I switched to NatSci by the way)

Latest

Trending

Trending