The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I can't believe I didn't find this thread sooner. Nice to see some Brits interested in the NFL. I'm a Ravens fan, which pretty much sucks right now. F the Steelers. I hate that team so much. I still can't believe we lost that game. And my best friend is a Jets fan, so this is killing me right now. I hope the Bears win the Super Bowl now.
Original post by s129439
same dude! Best team out right now!

Come on! Wooooooooooooooooo!

yeaaaa new engalnd all the way!!!
Reply 482
Original post by Insanity514

All the way back to Foxborough because they lost to the Jets.

(I'm a Colts fan, don't care that we lost as long as I get an opportunity to put you punk NE fans down.)
Original post by Baltimoron
I can't believe I didn't find this thread sooner. Nice to see some Brits interested in the NFL. I'm a Ravens fan, which pretty much sucks right now. F the Steelers. I hate that team so much. I still can't believe we lost that game. And my best friend is a Jets fan, so this is killing me right now. I hope the Bears win the Super Bowl now.

Yeah I've found a fair few Brits with an NFL interest. More than I would have expected if I'm honest. What a great sport :biggrin: And I don't want the Steelers or the Jets top win, so any NFC team will make me happy.

WOOP! Still a loyal fan :smile:

Original post by Mann18

(I'm a Colts fan, don't care that we lost as long as I get an opportunity to put you punk NE fans down.)

Well you lost to them too. A week before we did. And we beat you this year :smile: And New England fans are the best!
Reply 484
Packers for the SB
Original post by Mann18

Lol, as stated above, you weren't in our class this year, relying on wild card games!
Original post by Mann18

Ah well you win some you lose some. does mann18 stand for Manning by any chance?
Reply 487
Ah well you win some you lose some. does mann18 stand for Manning by any chance?

Hey, it's just banter :p: Next year this will happen all over again, just hopefully we'll go a little further.

And you bet your sweet ass it does.

Hell Yes

Reply 488
Watched the highlights last night. What a weekend of football! Was gutted for the Falcons, too many errors cost them in the end. Ah well. Come on Chicago!!
Original post by RNBen
Watched the highlights last night. What a weekend of football! Was gutted for the Falcons, too many errors cost them in the end. Ah well. Come on Chicago!!

The Packers completely dominated the game. The same will happen on Sunday. :p:
Kansas City Chiefs fan here, which has been depressing for a few seasons but all is good now. How did most people get into watching/following nfl?
Reply 491
Original post by RabbitCFH
The Packers completely dominated the game. The same will happen on Sunday. :p:

I wouldn't say dominated, first quarter was all Falcons, 2nd Packers, Falcons took control again in the third but failed to capitalise, finally Packers took the game but it wasn't from solid offensive drives; it was through some sloppy defensive play.

Original post by nick_carr91
Kansas City Chiefs fan here, which has been depressing for a few seasons but all is good now. How did most people get into watching/following nfl?

My ex girlfriend lived in Tampa, thus I went to a number of USF and Buccs games, developed a love for the sport from then really.
Original post by RNBen
I wouldn't say dominated, first quarter was all Falcons, 2nd Packers, Falcons took control again in the third but failed to capitalise, finally Packers took the game but it wasn't from solid offensive drives; it was through some sloppy defensive play.

:nah: The Packer offense was just unstoppable since the second quarter. That's why every coach in the league would love to have Aaron Rodgers on his team.
Reply 493
:nah: The Packer offense was just unstoppable since the second quarter. That's why every coach in the league would love to have Aaron Rodgers on his team.

Maybe, though Ryan has thrown the same amount of TDs with less interceptions. Only 200 yards fewer too. Ryan put the balls in there on the weekend, his offence just couldn't catch a cold.
Original post by RNBen
Maybe, though Ryan has thrown the same amount of TDs with less interceptions. Only 200 yards fewer too. Ryan put the balls in there on the weekend, his offence just couldn't catch a cold.

It's all about the play-offs, if you lose in the play-offs no one cares how well you did in the regular season after all.
Reply 495
It's all about the play-offs, if you lose in the play-offs no one cares how well you did in the regular season after all.

In a way, yes, however there are always a couple of QBs whom most people will recognise as having a good regular season. The play-offs does not identify the best players in the league, not by a long shot. If your team isn't in the play-offs the main reason to care is for your fantasy team.
Reply 496

Second that, Rodgers and Matthews gonna run all over the bears and then do the steelers in the SB. Niners may have actually got somewhere if they drafted Rodgers.

Well that's a lie, i think Belichick would rather have Brady, since he's better.
Although you only have the Bears, you'd have your hands full with either the Steelers or the Jets in the Superbowl, that's IF you make it.
Original post by kingkev
Second that, Rodgers and Matthews gonna run all over the bears and then do the steelers in the SB. Niners may have actually got somewhere if they drafted Rodgers.

To instantly assume you're in the SB final is moronic enough, but to claim you will "run all over the Steelers?" Yes, Yes of course you will, because the Steelers are the worst team in the NFL. Mug.
Reply 499
Original post by SaltyPiratePony
To instantly assume you're in the SB final is moronic enough, but to claim you will "run all over the Steelers?" Yes, Yes of course you will, because the Steelers are the worst team in the NFL. Mug.

Hmm interesting...if the pats were still in you would probably be saying exactly the same thing.
At present in the postseason, the Packers pretty much hold all the best stats:

1. Rodgers best QB, Roethlisberger doesn't even touch Rodgers.
2. Most rushing yards
3. Most interceptions
4. Decent sack stats.

Yeah obv it isn't dead cert they are gonna win or even reach the SB but it's looking all rosy.

We'll see what happens this weekend.

Latest