London
Reply 441
Original post by r_u_t_h
Anyone else going to the Maths open day on Tuesday? :smile:

:hello:
Reply 442
Sawheeeeeeet (: i got an offer for biochemistry+1year industry/research

A,A,B (chem,bio,maths)

Might see you there XD If i fail all my med interviews Eeek!

:colondollar:

Ooooh bio-chemists, feel free to add me on that devilish device called em es en :O
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 443
Offer for Computer Science: A*AA, not specified what subject the star needs to be in.

Still waiting for a final decision from the Cambridge Pool but realistically ill be firming Imperial!
Original post by MC8
Offer for Computer Science: A*AA, not specified what subject the star needs to be in.

Still waiting for a final decision from the Cambridge Pool but realistically ill be firming Imperial!

Yayyy, a comp sci applicant :biggrin: I'm comp sci kid too :wink: Congratulations on your offer and I'll love for Cambs to work out for you but, hope to see you at Imperial :wink:

The A* will be in maths. :smile: It always is unless you already have an A* in maths. Also, if you don't mind me asking, how many A Levels do you do? Because most computing offer holders have A*AAA as their offer so your A*AA is a bit surprising (and harsh on the rest of us :frown: )

Congrats to all other offer holders btw :wink: I know we've had an influx of quite a few nowadays. Hopefully Robbeh will list you :smile:
Reply 445
Original post by nikita_atikin
Yayyy, a comp sci applicant :biggrin: I'm comp sci kid too :wink: Congratulations on your offer and I'll love for Cambs to work out for you but, hope to see you at Imperial :wink:

The A* will be in maths. :smile: It always is unless you already have an A* in maths. Also, if you don't mind me asking, how many A Levels do you do? Because most computing offer holders have A*AAA as their offer so your A*AA is a bit surprising (and harsh on the rest of us :frown: )

Congrats to all other offer holders btw :wink: I know we've had an influx of quite a few nowadays. Hopefully Robbeh will list you :smile:

Thanks :biggrin: Ill be happy whatever the outcome, Imperial or Cambridge!

I only do three a levels (Maths, FM and Physics) and have an A in Economics AS level.
Original post by MC8
Thanks :biggrin: Ill be happy whatever the outcome, Imperial or Cambridge!

I only do three a levels (Maths, FM and Physics) and have an A in Economics AS level.

Aah that explains it :smile: Well I hope we can keep the computing population up :smile: When did you have your interview at Imperial?
Reply 447
Aah that explains it :smile: Well I hope we can keep the computing population up :smile: When did you have your interview at Imperial?

I had my interview on the 10th of Nov. Offer came three weeks later as expected, just havnt posted about it till now. (But ive been stalking TSR ^^:colone:)
Original post by MC8
I had my interview on the 10th of Nov. Offer came three weeks later as expected, just havnt posted about it till now. (But ive been stalking TSR ^^:colone:)

Aaahh so you were in Robbeh's interview batch!! (roblee, he's my TSR partner in crime) Oh so if you've been stalking TSR then you probably know half my life by now :tongue: And you should know that I detest this smiley --> :colone:
:colonhash: Me and :colone: don't get along well.

Anyway, I'm glad you FINALLY decided to post on TSR! Clearly we were too irresistible for you :cool:
Reply 449
:colone: :colone: :colone: Updated :colone: :colone: :colone:
(sorry for the waits, I've been busy recently)
Original post by roblee
:colone: :colone: :colone: Updated :colone: :colone: :colone:
(sorry for the waits, I've been busy recently)

I missed you :colone:
Busy with exams?
Reply 451
I missed you :colone:
Busy with exams?

The :colone: makes it so much more comforting...

Nope, only had one exam so far :biggrin: (core 4 retake :rolleyes:) but picked up a couple of extra jobs to work on for a while- selling my soul for gimp pimp imperial-money :wink:
Hey guys !
Reply 453
Original post by CookieGhoul
Hey guys !

You, too, are a Cambridge reject... Therefore you are firming Imperial?
Original post by roblee
You, too, are a Cambridge reject... Therefore you are firming Imperial?

Hopefully bro. If Imperial send me an offer for Mathematics with Applied Mathematics
thats the course i really want to do. Lol. but yea. What about U ?
Reply 455
Original post by CookieGhoul
Hopefully bro. If Imperial send me an offer for Mathematics with Applied Mathematics
thats the course i really want to do. Lol. but yea. What about U ?

Almost definitely :tongue: rejected from Cam, parents have issues with Ed, that leaves only Gimpy, Man, and Notts to choose from :eek:

I'm sort of intrigued by your choice of subjects there, any reason for picking so many different courses?
Lol. Yea. Kinda weird :/
I think thats the main reason i was rejected from cambridge though. My PS was just not specific. I talked about engineering, mathematics and physics all in the same personal statement. :/

But yea. Natural Science cos i was into science, Aero cos i was into Formula 1, and the rest with physics i guess. But now that I think about it, im not that into Aero. But then again , i know the standard maths offer is A*A* in maths + further maths and i dont know if i can achieve the A* in further maths.
Original post by roblee
The :colone: makes it so much more comforting...

Nope, only had one exam so far :biggrin: (core 4 retake :rolleyes:) but picked up a couple of extra jobs to work on for a while- selling my soul for gimp pimp imperial-money :wink:

Of course the :colone: makes it comforting :tongue: It's my sign of affection for you.
Aww babes, did C4 go okay? And don't die in your pursuit of earning Imperial money. :tongue: There are other ways you can earn a lot of money...

Spoiler

Reply 458
Of course the :colone: makes it comforting :tongue: It's my sign of affection for you.
Aww babes, did C4 go okay? And don't die in your pursuit of earning Imperial money. :tongue: There are other ways you can earn a lot of money...

C4 went just fine I think- thought I'd got 100% till I found out they worded the final question cunningly (saying "the graph stops"==(dy/dx=0)=/=(y=0))

On said subject, how was Core 3?

Spoiler

:colone: :colone: And what did you think I meant by "a couple of extra jobs"? :colone: :colone:
(yes that deserved 4 pae-sharks)
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by roblee
C4 went just fine I think- thought I'd got 100% till I found out they worded the final question cunningly (saying "the graph stops"==(dy/dx=0)=/=(y=0))

On said subject, how was Core 3?

:colone: :colone: And what did you think I meant by "a couple of extra jobs"? :colone: :colone:
(yes that deserved 4 pae-sharks)

Lol I'm sure you did very well in C4 :biggrin: 97% is as good as 100% :tongue:
C3 was really hard but I think I did the paper justice. My answers seemed to agree with Mr Ms so that's cool.

:tongue: You evil boy... Lol you seem to be enjoying your "couple of extra jobs" a bit too much :colone:
(Agreed, pae-sharks are of paramount importance whilst discussing your jobs :colone:)
Pae-sharks lol :tongue: And I thought you were the cooler one out of the two of us until you came up with pae-shark. :rofl:
:rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending