The Student Room Group

OCR (not MEI) Core 3 - 19/01/2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EdwardSAS
That was nasty. No issues up until around question eight, but wow. I looked around and one girl was in tears, and several guys were just sitting there, apparently having given up.

One bit of good news though - in June 2010, you needed 50/72 for an A, which is around 70%, so hopefully this will be similar or lower.

50/72 is absurd!! What's wrong with you, OCR???? 50/72 is more like an FP2 grade boundary for an A. :frown:
Reply 41
That was really hard!! Quite possibly the hardest C3 exam i've done!
The wait is on for the answers from Mr.M.....
Do we know when he is going to post them?
Reply 42
Worst exam ever.

Would be happy if I somehow got a C in that.
Got to a point where I was throwing things around my desk in frustration!
Damn you OCR!
Reply 43
Original post by nikita_atikin
50/72 is absurd!! What's wrong with you, OCR???? 50/72 is more like an FP2 grade boundary for an A. :frown:

I know, it seems so low, and yet it can't have been as hard as this one. Fingers crossed.
Original post by diurno
That was really hard!! Quite possibly the hardest C3 exam i've done!
The wait is on for the answers from Mr.M.....
Do we know when he is going to post them?

I think has to wait until someone posts a paper to him!

Just hopng I can do what my sister did last year A* with 95 in C4 and 86 in C3.
Reply 45
On the bright side. The retake surely can't be any harder in june :P
Reply 46
I know, it seems so low, and yet it can't have been as hard as this one. Fingers crossed.

Both 2010 exams were rather hard, but nothing on a comparison to this. So i'm hoping for 40/72 for an A xD
Reply 47
Original post by Got the tshirt
I think has to wait until someone posts a paper to him!

Just hopng I can do what my sister did last year A* with 95 in C4 and 86 in C3.

Is that possible I thought it was average at an A overall with 90%+ in Core 3 and 4?
Reply 48
That was nasty. No issues up until around question eight, but wow. I looked around and one girl was in tears, and several guys were just sitting there, apparently having given up.

In the same boat here. I arrived at question 8 confident with plenty of time to spare drew my graph then boom, I died.
The thing is right, I think they start constructing the paper for Jan 2011 during Jan 2010, and Jan 2010 was an alright paper so obviously they've cranked up the pressure. :nothing:

I'm glad I am not the only one who found it hard. :s-smilie:
I thought that 6 marker on tan was a bit odd. I got the right answer (well, the answer when you just inverse tanned it and shoved it straight into the formula), but I'm not sure I did enough to get 6 marks, so I'm thinking maybe there was another way you were supposed to do it?
What did people get for the rate of change question?
Reply 52
Really hard paper... I think if I mark it harshly I would of lost around 14-16 marks, as I did attempt evrything, so i dunno...
Original post by Stirlo
Is that possible I thought it was average at an A overall with 90%+ in Core 3 and 4?

181 divided by 2 is 90.5
Reply 54
Got something like 4500cm^2 per hour to 2sf for the rate of change one.
Reply 55
Original post by Stirlo
Both 2010 exams were rather hard, but nothing on a comparison to this. So i'm hoping for 40/72 for an A xD

That would be so nice, they have to lower it by a significant amount, it was insane.
Hey, if any of you can send me a copy of the paper I can get you the answers now whilst I have some time. Alternatively, just post/send me the questions you can remember and have doubts with.
Original post by fluteflute
0.0643457454 or thereaboutsish I think. Possible 0.0062456544573. Did everyone else get such small answers?

I got that.

I divided the two rates.
Reply 58
Got something like 4500cm^2 per hour to 2sf for the rate of change one.

I got 45000 I think, but can't remember, it was 4500 or 45000 lol

Got the tshirt
181 divided by 2 is 90.5

Ofcourse, just me being stupid. That exam's knocked my ability to do simple sums :wink:
Reply 59
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
What did people get for the rate of change question?

I got something in the region of 14400 cm^2/hour, not entirely confident however. (UPDATE: may feature a pi somewhere)
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending