The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Potiron
I'm going to visit everywhere, and I'm also trying to get as many opinions as possible before I decide, hence the pestering :tongue: sorry.

I really want to get it right this time. I don't want to go back to tesco :cry2:

Aha I don't think that will be necessary :tongue: to be honest I don't think you can go far wrong with either university although Warwick probably has worse nightlife. Have you seen the studential website? It has student reviews of each university, it's good, put me right off Exeter though haha :biggrin:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 821
Original post by Pheebs1201
Aha I don't think that will be necessary :tongue: to be honest I don't think you can go far wrong with either university although Warwick probably has worse nightlife. Have you seen the studential website? It has student reviews of each university, it's good, put me right off Exeter though haha :biggrin:

I hadn't actually, I will take a look. Thanks for pointing me towards it. I'd had a look at some other website that had employability and student satisfaction figures etc, but that's all.

I'll probably decide I quite like Birmingham when I visit there, just to make the choice that little bit harder.
Original post by Potiron
I hadn't actually, I will take a look. Thanks for pointing me towards it. I'd had a look at some other website that had employability and student satisfaction figures etc, but that's all.

I'll probably decide I quite like Birmingham when I visit there, just to make the choice that little bit harder.

Haha where else have you applied? I have heard mixed opinions about Brum so maybe its a marmite university :rolleyes:

I suppose it also depends on which part of the country you'd rather be in :smile:
Reply 823
Haha where else have you applied? I have heard mixed opinions about Brum so maybe its a marmite university :rolleyes:

I suppose it also depends on which part of the country you'd rather be in :smile:

Reading's the other one I have an offer from (I loved it, truly), and Cardiff's the other one I haven't heard back from.

I love marmite :smile: Brum and Warwick are the closest to home for me, I know Birmingham quite well and I quite like it as a city. I wasn't really sure about the uni last time though.
Original post by Potiron
Reading's the other one I have an offer from (I loved it, truly), and Cardiff's the other one I haven't heard back from.

I love marmite :smile: Brum and Warwick are the closest to home for me, I know Birmingham quite well and I quite like it as a city. I wasn't really sure about the uni last time though.

I'm sure it'll be easier after the post offer open days :smile: but if you loved it, why not Reading?
Reply 825
I'm sure it'll be easier after the post offer open days :smile: but if you loved it, why not Reading?

I'm going back there at the start of Feb, if after I've been everywhere and looked everywhere I still think I'd be happiest at Reading I'll firm it. Scared of deciding though really, I don't want to be thinking 'what if I'd gone to Bristol...?' two months into term.
Reply 826
Original post by Pink_butterfly
Try not to get too anxious. These arch/anth departments seem to take an absolute age to contact anyone. Where else have you applied?

I have also applied to Birmingham and just have an acknowledgment. I also applied to Reading, who I have an interview with, and Worcester, who I have an offer from. I only got the offer last week though, so its been a frickin nightmare 6 weeks!!

Well done on your Reading interiew, I've heard nothing from them other then the admissions..
I've applied for Bristol, Goldsmiths, Reading,Birmingham and Nottingham...
What are the other two you applied for?
I keep hearing about people getting letters for various things from Bristol rather than seeing it on track. It's making me nervous in case I miss a letter from them.

What letters have people had, offers, rejections, something else? (particularly Geography). Thanks.
ANY LANGUAGES APPLICANTS HEARD THIS MONTH YET? Thanks
Original post by Potiron
I'm going back there at the start of Feb, if after I've been everywhere and looked everywhere I still think I'd be happiest at Reading I'll firm it. Scared of deciding though really, I don't want to be thinking 'what if I'd gone to Bristol...?' two months into term.

Aha that is exactly the same as me, Im hoping my gut feeling will be confirmed upon visiting though :smile:
Original post by Faithy808
Well done on your Reading interiew, I've heard nothing from them other then the admissions..
I've applied for Bristol, Goldsmiths, Reading,Birmingham and Nottingham...
What are the other two you applied for?

Thanks, i've only applied to four uni's - Bristol, Reading, Birmingham & Worcester. I'm tied to where I live (mature student) so I haven't applied to a fifth choice.

I got the interview letter from Reading in the gap between xmas & new year so it took them a month to contact me! When did you send your application off?
Offer for Biology- AAB :biggrin:
Original post by AlexIsMyHero
Offer for Biology- AAB :biggrin:

Awesome :biggrin: congrats!
Preferences? :smile:
Reply 833
Original post by RyuHADOUKEN
Awesome :biggrin: congrats!
Preferences? :smile:

congrats! i got the same offer through today! is it your top choice?
Original post by rach8 :)
congrats! i got the same offer through today! is it your top choice?

For Medicine? When was your interview :smile:?
Congrats :biggrin: ermm well it's the only place that'll have me so far... it is definitely up there though!
Got an ABB offer to do Elec. Eng and Communications. Deffo will be my first choice I think.
Hey all, I've been meaning to subscribe to this thread for quite some time... so here goes! :hi:

Anyhoo, so I'm down for Physics with Astrophysics, provided I get AAB (although, after today's C3 exam, I'm a little worried about Maths.. :sad:

So... who's firming Bristol then?! :bigsmile:
Original post by mintaero25
Hey all, I've been meaning to subscribe to this thread for quite some time... so here goes! :hi:

Anyhoo, so I'm down for Physics with Astrophysics, provided I get AAB (although, after today's C3 exam, I'm a little worried about Maths.. :sad:

Me, hopefully! *waves* :colondollar:
Original post by mintaero25

YES! I need AAB too, I thought Maths would be one of my A's... After todays exam...? No chance :mad: (congrats though :tongue: )
Me, hopefully! *waves* :colondollar:

:hi: What did you apply for? I'm really excited, Bristol is a gorgeous city!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending