The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by Sheng
if their offers are A*AA-AAAB, how come they're giving out offers for A*AAA? that's just too high... even cambridge standard offers are A*AA. For some people warwick wants A for further math

no, NORMALLY it's A*AA for those doing three subjects only and no 4th AS.

and AAA + B grade at AS level for those doing 3+ subjects with a 4th AS level.

Although when I say "normally", it can change for some people. like me! I got an A*AA + B at AS level offer.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1381
Original post by k15h91
What were your grades last year/GCSE and Predicted?

Good luck!

GCSE's werent great, 5A*s, 3A's, 2B's. Predicted 42points for IB. How about you?
Reply 1382
Original post by Shyam Devani

Original post by Shyam Devani
GCSE's werent great, 5A*s, 3A's, 2B's. Predicted 42points for IB. How about you?

GCSEs: 5A* 6As

Predicted: A*A*AA

Same as you for LSE and Birmingham by the way
Reply 1383
Original post by k15h91
GCSEs: 5A* 6As

Predicted: A*A*AA

Same as you for LSE and Birmingham by the way

Good luck! Hope we hear soon, the wait is hell!
what offers did people get into warwick for Mathematics and economics?

they want A*AA and A in FurtherMaths AS from me..
Reply 1385
Original post by ough789
no, NORMALLY it's A*AA for those doing three subjects only and no 4th AS.

and AAA + B grade at AS level for those doing 3+ subjects with a 4th AS level.

Although when I say "normally", it can change for some people. like me! I got an A*AA + B at AS level offer.

Just to clarify what were your predicted Grades and what subjects do you do? Just helps give us some idea of why they have done this as it seems quite unfair.
Reply 1386
Original post by jdaco6
Just to clarify what were your predicted Grades and what subjects do you do? Just helps give us some idea of why they have done this as it seems quite unfair.

I believe it only applies to those who do subjects that overlap. I do 4 subjects, Business Studies, Economics, Maths and Politics. Predicted AAAB respectively. Initially they gave me an offer of AAAb but I could only include Business Studies or Economics, not both. This would leave me with AABb which doesn't make sense as to why they gave me an offer in the first place if I couldn't achieve it!
So after phone calls and emails, they changed it to A*AAb in any combination. It is only slightly better.
But it annoys me that they didn't say anything about this policy on their website. If they had, I don't think I would have applied.

Now I need a good safe insurance....
Reply 1387
Original post by Totti10
Unconditional offer for PPE:biggrin: :groovy: I'm thrilled!!

What are your predicted grades mate and in what subject ?

I am jealous but well done, I think I have not received an offered yet because I don’t have a maths As.

What are your predicted grades mate and in what subjects?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1388
Original post by ough789
I believe it only applies to those who do subjects that overlap. I do 4 subjects, Business Studies, Economics, Maths and Politics. Predicted AAAB respectively. Initially they gave me an offer of AAAb but I could only include Business Studies or Economics, not both. This would leave me with AABb which doesn't make sense as to why they gave me an offer in the first place if I couldn't achieve it!
So after phone calls and emails, they changed it to A*AAb in any combination. It is only slightly better.
But it annoys me that they didn't say anything about this policy on their website. If they had, I don't think I would have applied.

Now I need a good safe insurance....

I see, sounds a bit harsh. I do Business and Economics and I only do 3 Subjects, sounds like I have no chance. It's silly they don't take your additional A level into consideration though, e.g. there condition could be AAABb! What is your AS in?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1389
Original post by jdaco6
I see, sounds a bit harsh. I do Business and Economics and I only do 3 Subjects, sounds like I have no chance. It's silly they don't take your additional A level into consideration though, e.g. there condition could be AAABb! What is your AS in?

no, I only do 4 subjects but if I "cash in" my Politics units 1 and 2 then I get an overall grade B at AS level. It's just that I am taking onto A2. and assuming I can get A*AA in Economics, Business Studies and Maths, then I'm in! (Sounds easy doesn't it? XD

and don't worry, I think if you do get an offer it will be A*AAb. They said that was their "policy". What are you're GCSE/AS & predictions?
Reply 1390
Original post by ough789

Original post by ough789
no, I only do 4 subjects but if I "cash in" my Politics units 1 and 2 then I get an overall grade B at AS level. It's just that I am taking onto A2. and assuming I can get A*AA in Economics, Business Studies and Maths, then I'm in! (Sounds easy doesn't it? XD

and don't worry, I think if you do get an offer it will be A*AAb. They said that was their "policy". What are you're GCSE/AS & predictions?

Congratulations for the offer. Sorry but what subject was this?
Reply 1391
Original post by ough789

I am with you, sorry about that! My goodness that's a high offer!! I am sure you can push for an A* in Business to complete your offer :smile:

To be honest I am not expecting an offer from Warwick as I don't have a Mixed portfolio as they call it or the additional b in a suitable subject, no harm in trying though.

I do Business Studies, Economics and History at A level predicted AAA

For AS I did Maths (E), Physics (D) and General Studies (A)

GCSE'S Geography (A*) History (A*) Business Studies (A*) ICT (A*) Physics (A) Chemistry (A) Maths (A) English (B) English Lit (B)
Reply 1392
Original post by jdaco6

Original post by jdaco6
I am with you, sorry about that! My goodness that's a high offer!! I am sure you can push for an A* in Business to complete your offer :smile:

To be honest I am not expecting an offer from Warwick as I don't have a Mixed portfolio as they call it or the additional b in a suitable subject, no harm in trying though.

GCSE'S Geography (A*) History (A*) Business Studies (A*) ICT (A*) Physics (A) Chemistry (A) Maths (A) English (B) English Lit (B)

Which course have you applied for?
Reply 1393
Original post by k15h91
Congratulations for the offer. Sorry but what subject was this?

management
Reply 1394
Original post by k15h91
Which course have you applied for?

N200 Management.
Original post by sango

Original post by sango
Wassup y'all :h:

This is a thread for all of you applying to the ridiculously competitive Warwick in 2010 (for 2011 entry or deferred 2012 entry).

Name your course and subject and chatter away...

I'm applying for English (Q300)

im applying for IR :smile:
Reply 1396
Original post by jdaco6

I got similar GCSE grades as you. Did you tell them your AS results? or did you just put "pending"? I think you have a pretty good chance. just be prepared for an A*AAb offer. Also, do you have a B grade in AS?
Reply 1397
Original post by ough789
I got similar GCSE grades as you. Did you tell them your AS results? or did you just put "pending"? I think you have a pretty good chance. just be prepared for an A*AAb offer. Also, do you have a B grade in AS?

Not sure what was the best one to do but we were told to put "pending" instead of stateing the grades. The disadvantage of this however does mean they will assume I am still doing those subjects, so could get a better grade than expected. Unfortunatly that's why I doubt I will get an offer I do not have a B grade or above in a separate AS aside from the Excluded GS.

Best of luck with A levels and stuff m8! I am sure you will be able to meet their offer :smile:
Original post by Howellsy
Either Warsaw or Utrecht. I know the idea of the eastern bloc exchange might not sound appealing, but the Netherlands would be interesting and Warsaw looks amazing. Hong Kong could be a smart option, given that everyone sees China as an emerging, influential country.

Yeah, hong Kong did seem like a good choice because of that, and Im sure its a wonderful place. Not sure how im gonna cope with the food difference and accomodation. Do we get given a place in their halls whilst abroad?
Accepted to Law today! Yaaaaaay! :biggrin:

Already completed A-levels in UK:
AAAb

Quick Reply

Latest