The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by unknownking321
I can't remember the last time I bought a magazine but I'm sure it was GQ. :yes:

Same ... The cover had a picture of Anne Hathaway on it :sogood:
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29929

Empire also confirm. Plus, Anne Hathaway. :awesome:
Original post by Christien
http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/114/1144798p1.html

Bane and Catwoman. Erm, interesting.

Interesting indeed. I'm intrigued that they're having Catwoman as a vigilante 'filling in' for Batman, rather than the thief-and-occasional-hero in the comics, although maybe I'm just reading it wrong.

Also, rumours of Eva Green as Talia al Ghul? Naomi Watts possibly as Vicki Vale? As well as Selina Kyle? My, they're positively swamping the Caped Crusader with nubile young love interests. Although, the implication seems to be that Vicki would be the love interest, with Talia as a villain and Selina as something else. I find this vaguely annoying, since I am of the opinion that Bruce and Selina are made for each other.

Also, how do they plan on making this tosser:

anything like Bane? He's not even Hispanic!
(edited 13 years ago)
I don't know how to feel about this. Kinda hard to improve on Ra's, Two-Face, Scarecrow and The Joker, but I'm sure Nolan will get it right.
a moment to remember & my name is khan = :'(
Original post by Jace Falco
Interesting indeed. I'm intrigued that they're having Catwoman as a vigilante 'filling in' for Batman, rather than the thief-and-occasional-hero in the comics, although maybe I'm just reading it wrong.

Also, rumours of Eva Green as Talia al Ghul? Naomi Watts possibly as Vicki Vale? As well as Selina Kyle? My, they're positively swamping the Caped Crusader with nubile young love interests. Although, the implication seems to be that Vicki would be the love interest, with Talia as a villain and Selina as something else. I find this vaguely annoying, since I am of the opinion that Bruce and Selina are made for each other.

tom hardy is a beautiful person. leave him alone! have you never watched wuthering heights!?!

I expect they'll go the Frank Miller route and make her some sort of vengeful prostitute who pisses Batman off by not doing things his way. There will be some sort of conflict between them, so if she's not stealing, I assume that'll be it.

I don't think Batman should have a love interest, really, but if they absolutely must... :colonhash:

And Bane will be subject to reinterpretation, as most Bat-villains have been. Let's hope this doesn't turn into another permawhite fiasco!
Tom Hardy is hardly a tosser. He's a great actor. Plus, have you seen Bronson:

It's hardly going to be difficult for him to bulk up.
Original post by Christien
http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/114/1144798p1.html

Bane and Catwoman. Erm, interesting.

I don't like the sound of this..
Original post by Madjackismad
Tom Hardy is hardly a tosser. He's a great actor. Plus, have you seen Bronson:

It's hardly going to be difficult for him to bulk up.

I was joking, it's just that IGN had quite a tosserish photo of him.

I maintain that Bane should at least be Hispanic. Reinterpretation is one thing, but...

Then again, Nolan did successfully change Ra's al Ghul from Arabian to English, so I guess if anyone is going to pick apart the canon it ought to be him.
It's not exactly hard to improve on Bane's last big screen outing.
Bane does actually seem like an interesting character choice, but I have to say after Schumachers portrayal of Bane as some half-wit henchman in Batman Forever I was left with the quite a bad impression. After reading up more on his background, I'm feeling a bit more optimistic. Although I still have doubts about Hathaway as Catwoman.
Anne ****ing Hathaway
Original post by Cuckoo91
Bane does actually seem like an interesting character choice, but I have to say after Schumachers portrayal of Bane as some half-wit henchman in Batman Forever I was left with the quite a bad impression. After reading up more on his background, I'm feeling a bit more optimistic. Although I still have doubts about Hathaway as Catwoman.

It was in Batman and Robin actually :p:
I was joking, it's just that IGN had quite a tosserish photo of him.

I maintain that Bane should at least be Hispanic. Reinterpretation is one thing, but...

Then again, Nolan did successfully change Ra's al Ghul from Arabian to English, so I guess if anyone is going to pick apart the canon it ought to be him.

Ah right. Further proof that it's hard to detect sarcasm on the internet. :o:

Anyway, knowing Nolan, TDKR Bane will probably possess the same high intellect that he does in the comics.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by cambo211
It was in Batman and Robin actually :p:

GO ON CAMBO, shoot me down why don't you.. :facepalm:
Original post by Cuckoo91
GO ON CAMBO, shoot me down why don't you.. :facepalm:

:lockstock:
Original post by cambo211
:lockstock:

Viva la revolution

Oh God, the nipples D:
That pic doesn't show the codpieces.