The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3400
Original post by gt-ere
Yes, im on VM

So Ive done that, but the internet doesnt work.

Wow thts odd. Go on Wifi & open market. In market search for a "data toggle" or a "3g toggle", they should be widgets, that should work, otherwise try calling VM
Where can i get the best wifi hotspot in london :tongue:
Reply 3402
Original post by blueray
Where can i get the best wifi hotspot in london :tongue:

London is a very big city.
lol whoops what do you think then? In terms of cafés etc :tongue:
Reply 3404
I'm torn between the HTC desire, HTC desire Z and Nexus S... either of them would be a big improvement on my getting-more-troublesome-by-the-day nokia 5800. The thing with the Nexus is I can't get it upgraded through the vodafone website so would have to wait an extra 4 months. So desire or desire Z?
Reply 3405
Original post by G8D
Both are good phones.
Desire Z is slightly more likely (from a generation point of view) to receive further updates, though I expect the Desire will see it to at least the iteration beyond 2.3.
Also, is a keyboard a necessity?

I'm not too worried about the keyboard because I'm used to a touchscreen, but the specs on the desire Z seem better and it appears to have a longer battery life which I prefer. It is more expensive though :unsure:
Reply 3406
I'm tempted by the Desire Z as a placeholder until things like the Atrix come out. My iPhone 3G is literally nigh unusable, I'm so sick of it. Any other suggestions on phones?
To be honest if I could swap my Desire HD for the Desire Z I probably would only thing keeping me back is I'm too used to the 4.3" screen, everytime I look at an iPhone 4 I can't believe it's so tiny. Yeah only reason is because I prefer physical QWERTY though the touchscreen one on the Desire HD is adequate.
Reply 3408
Original post by Yawn11
London is a very big city.

Technically, you're wrong.
Reply 3409
Just to make sure, would HTC work with Macs? I don't really want to get iphone 4, everyone's got them. It's probably the most common phone when I walk around in school
Reply 3410
Original post by G8D
I don't think there is HTC Sync for Mac, but you will still be able to transfer files back and forth.

That'll be similar to my nokia now then, they don't do sync with macs either. A little bit inconvenient but I can live with that, thanks
Reply 3411
Original post by JonCha
Technically, you're wrong.

Care to elaborate?

Dont get why you didn't in the first place, you probably anticipated this question. :colonhash:
Original post by cz100

Original post by cz100
That'll be similar to my nokia now then, they don't do sync with macs either. A little bit inconvenient but I can live with that, thanks

Believe you'll install HTC sync use it for 5 mins then realise it's a non sense piece of software. First time I used it I started syncing my music, by then about 40% I downloaded an install doubletwist, cancelled the HTC sync and never looked back.
How often should you master reset your phone?
Anyone here using Kongregate Arcade at all? I've got it, seems nice.
uoxc4cyc44g

Swipe pad.

It makes multi tasking easier.

I've started using it after watching the youtube video and it is indeed a fast and a good way to multi task
Original post by Installation
Anyone here using Kongregate Arcade at all? I've got it, seems nice.

Got pulled from the market for violating it's terms... OOPS! :p: Can still get it from their site though.

Unfortunately, us Hero owners are still living like iOS plebs with our lack of Flash. :sad:

Still... the days til I upgrade are slowly coming down...
Reply 3418
Anyone thinking of getting an Orange San Francisco but isn’t confident enough when it comes to rooting, custom ROMs and so on? Check out my site, it contains beginner guides on how to do everything. Very simple, involves clicking a few buttons and you can have Android 2.2 FroYo and other custom ROMs up and running within 5 minutes.

http://orangesanfrancisco.co.uk
Reply 3419
Original post by G8D
It's actually ridiculously easy to root.

I managed to get a complete computer noob to do it over FB and on an OS I'm unfamiliar with.

Yes, it's very easy to root. Takes less than 60 seconds :eek:

http://orangesanfrancisco.co.uk/android/how-to-root-the-orange-san-francisco-zte-blade/

Latest

Trending

Trending