The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pinda.college
Who else thinks Bendtner should have been taken off for Walcott when Persie and Fab came on?

I've thought for a while now that we need to give up on Bendtner - he's just never going to be good enough for us. I'm beginning to wonder if the same could be said of Denilson. He has been improving over the last season or two, but this season that seems to have stopped.

Anyway, good performance tonight and we could've easily won by a lot more. Nasri completely dominated in the first half. Our defence looked quite solid for a change. Good to see Sagna getting a goal, after trying to cross for Bendtner when he got in first time.
Reply 1861
Original post by alex_hk90
I've thought for a while now that we need to give up on Bendtner - he's just never going to be good enough for us. I'm beginning to wonder if the same could be said of Denilson. He has been improving over the last season or two, but this season that seems to have stopped.

Anyway, good performance tonight and we could've easily won by a lot more. Nasri completely dominated in the first half. Our defence looked quite solid for a change. Good to see Sagna getting a goal, after trying to cross for Bendtner when he got in first time.

Denilson and Arshavin are the two out of their depth for me tbh, not just this season but last one as well. Wilshere makes Denilson look like a liability and Arshavin simply cannot outrun people as he used to, his possession keeping is the worst in the squad. He can be closed down so easy by any opposition, getting embarrassing to watch.
Worst vocal away support ive seen at elland road for sometime. Pretty poor not selling out the allocation too, deserved the win on the night though.
Original post by LufcEllandRoad
Worst vocal away support ive seen at elland road for sometime. Pretty poor not selling out the allocation too, deserved the win on the night though.

Pretty much a lie, I could hear the Arsenal supporters over the Leeds fans all game bar a few minutes at the beginning and after your first goal towards halftime.

How much seats were reserved for Arsenal fans?
Reply 1864

Well I could clearly hear "WE CAN SEE YOU, WE CAN SEE YOU, WE CAN SEE YOU SNEEKING OUT!" Those weren't the Leeds fans were they?

And exactly how many times has Ellend Road been a sell out in the league this season?
Original post by Overmars
We're playing for the Herbert Chapman trophy in the next round. :biggrin:

Defence did well today. Cesc, vPersie, Nasri are ****in' brilliant players. How well we do this season is very dependent on whether they can stay fit for the rest of the season.

Holy **** sweet/english cross from Bender and an equally awesome header from RVP.
And Sagna's strike :coma:

Leeds strike was also cool.
Original post by antonfigo
Holy **** sweet/english cross from Bender and an equally awesome header from RVP.
And Sagna's strike :coma:

Leeds strike was also cool.

Going back to the Man City game as well, Sagna seems to have a decent strike on him. Just another player who has a stinging shot but isn't well to use it often enough. Wilshere and Nasri are the others. Cesc and vP are the only ones who regularly have a crack from 20/25 yards.

14 goals for Nasri this season. 6 more to get the club record for a midfielder (definitely under Wenger...perhaps of all time? Cookie to anyone who knows if it is). You wouldn't bet against him.
hmm, wonder how it's going to go down vs Barcelona do you guys think you have any chance like honestly Im not trying to be spiteful or anything it's a serious question
Original post by ChaoticSkills
hmm, wonder how it's going to go down vs Barcelona do you guys think you have any chance like honestly Im not trying to be spiteful or anything it's a serious question

Yes, obviously there's a chance. A fairly small chance but a chance nonetheless. If the key players stay fit, we should be feeling more confident.
Yes, obviously there's a chance. A fairly small chance but a chance nonetheless. If the key players stay fit, we should be feeling more confident.

24th Jan - X out for three weeks, should make first leg of Barca tie. Joyous reaction from fans.

16th Feb - X was misdiagnosed, will miss the next seven years.

:sly:
Original post by Kevmeister
24th Jan - X out for three weeks, should make first leg of Barca tie. Joyous reaction from fans.

16th Feb - X was misdiagnosed, will miss the next seven years.

:sly:

Exactly. Although I don't think the fans believe anything the club says about when players will return from injury any more.
Verm won't be playing, Sagna out for the first leg. Fingers crossed that's it :redface:
Original post by antonfigo
you jinxing bastard you :colonhash:

I told you, it would be alright :biggrin:
Original post by Skaiyote
Verm won't be playing, Sagna out for the first leg. Fingers crossed that's it :redface:

Is this another Reems account?

:curious:
Is this another Reems account?

:curious:

:rofl2: No, but what happened to Reems? He was joke.
Original post by Skaiyote
:rofl2: No, but what happened to Reems? He was joke.

Oh. (Sorry)

And I don't know. Some people get jobs. :dry:
Oh. (Sorry)

And I don't know. Some people get jobs. :dry:

Its cool :h:
Reems is banned, got himself [?] banned deliberately it seems.
Good match last night. I think we're really gonna miss Sagna vs Barca, he has had a cracking season so far.

Latest