The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1400
Original post by Yawza
What are your predicted grades mate and in what subject ?

I am jealous but well done, I think I have not received an offered yet because I don’t have a maths As.

What are your predicted grades mate and in what subjects?

Thanks!!:smile:
I finished school in Germany last year. Abitur: Economics, Physics, Chemistry, English, Mathematics, History, German Literature and Religious Studies.

Have you applied for PPE as well?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1401
Original post by Shiny Happy Person
Yeah, hong Kong did seem like a good choice because of that, and Im sure its a wonderful place. Not sure how im gonna cope with the food difference and accomodation. Do we get given a place in their halls whilst abroad?

I'd think so, I wouldn't expect someone on an exchange to manage to get private accomodation. I'm not too bothered about a difference in accomodation, food slightly, but then I'm up for trying new things.
Reply 1402
Has anyone got an offer from Warwick doing Law and Business (MN11)?

The wait jus kills me!

it is a BA (law) degree and some frds of mine told me that even though it is a qualifying law degree (with appropriate modules chosen), law employers don't prefer graduates obtaining such degree. Is it true? Has anyone got any frds who hv graduated with the warwick BA law and business degree and hv got a gd career in the legal field?

many thanks!!
just got an offer for french studies - AAB! :smile:
I just got an offer for politics and international studies todayyyyyyyyy wooooooooooooooooooooooooooop
Original post by joeethompson

Just got mine for French and History, AAB also :biggrin:
Gah, rejection for Chemistry, despite getting an offer last year, and being targetted better grades this year, I got rejected.

I'm.......gutted.
Reply 1407
Original post by Conor 419
Gah, rejection for Chemistry, despite getting an offer last year, and being targetted better grades this year, I got rejected.

I'm.......gutted.

Sorry to hear that, but by the sound of it you're a retake student? If so, that's is probably why. Their English department doesn't like retake students, so it's possibly the same throughout the uni. There's probably nothing wrong with your application if you're worrying about your other unis :smile:
Reply 1408
Applying for computer science (G400)! I visited Warwick in the summer and it was a great place! I will certainly consider their offer (:
Reply 1409
Original post by TY1234
it is a BA (law) degree and some frds of mine told me that even though it is a qualifying law degree (with appropriate modules chosen), law employers don't prefer graduates obtaining such degree. Is it true? Has anyone got any frds who hv graduated with the warwick BA law and business degree and hv got a gd career in the legal field?
many thanks!!

There are two competing schools of thought on this:

1 - Employers would prefer you to do straight law, as it shows that you are focussed and passionate about law and that you clearly want to pursue a legal career. Doing a combined honours degree does not show the same level of committment to law.

2 - Doing a combined honours degree is desirable as it sets you out from the crowd and gives you a more broad education, which others may lack. You might be able to prove your committment to law through other avenues (vac schemes, law soc stuff, other work experience etc)

Take your pick. Good luck :smile: I've still not heard from Warwick for straight law and I sent my application on the 15th October :frown:
This is a general question but does anyone know if it's generally harder to get into Bristol than Warwick? Or vice versa?

I thought I had a good chance at Bristol but I've been rejected so I just wanted to know if I should expect the same from Warwick

I want to do PPE btw
Reply 1411

Wahay! Same here! Yet to come across many who've applied for straight French, I was starting to think I should've combined it with ...:confused: Russian or something - would Warwick be your first choice or insurance?
Original post by mastermind360
This is a general question but does anyone know if it's generally harder to get into Bristol than Warwick? Or vice versa?

I thought I had a good chance at Bristol but I've been rejected so I just wanted to know if I should expect the same from Warwick

I want to do PPE btw

Generally they're qually hard to get into. I think that Bristol, although has a smaller number of applications, it also has a smaller number of places to offer.

Sorry to hear your rejection. :frown: What did you get rejected for btw?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1413
I got an offer for biological sciences!!! :biggrin: :smile: :smile: :smile: :biggrin:
Original post by Louise81

Wahay! Same here! Yet to come across many who've applied for straight French, I was starting to think I should've combined it with ...:confused: Russian or something - would Warwick be your first choice or insurance?

French and Italian all the way!
Reply 1415
I received an offer on the 22nd December for French and History, but have yet to be sent any information about post application open days or any general extra info. I'm a bit worried because I haven't visited Warwick yet, does anyone have any information on when the offer holder open day is, or is there not one?? :confused:
Original post by Focus08
More?

Yh! someone i read erlier is doin A levels and got an offer of A*AAAA :s
Got an offer for Biological Sciences, ABB :smile:
Original post by Pie257
I received an offer on the 22nd December for French and History, but have yet to be sent any information about post application open days or any general extra info. I'm a bit worried because I haven't visited Warwick yet, does anyone have any information on when the offer holder open day is, or is there not one?? :confused:

I was also wondering about this? I got an offer for psychology a while ago for Warwick, but yet have to recieve an information pack or something from them like I have recieved from other unis?

Nah it's the only subject I've wanted to do, I did want to combine it with economics/management but there weren't many unis offering that course :frown:
It depends really, I'm waiting on a decision from ULIP and Kings, they're my two first choice, but if they both reject me, warwick will be my first choice.. you?

Quick Reply

Latest