The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
Original post by simonc1993
Sorry to hear that, intresting to see Bath have finally started replying again...
When did you apply? If it's more than 4 weeks, then I'd say contact them just to double check.

Original post by thesnowman
I've got rejected by both of them :/ bath being too days ago :frown: don't worry I'm sure you'll get Birmingham or somewhere else :smile: when did you apply

thanks.. i hope so! i applied on the 18th of october.. got an offer from loughborough a couple weeks after and heard nothing from anywhere else until bath yesterday. how should i contact birmingham to check?
Original post by CNM10
rejected from bath yesterday. :frown:

i never got a confirmation email from birmingham and still waiting.. should i have definately recieved the confirmation?

sorry that bath rejected you, they're the only ones I got left to hear from...
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by CNM10
thanks.. i hope so! i applied on the 18th of october.. got an offer from loughborough a couple weeks after and heard nothing from anywhere else until bath yesterday. how should i contact birmingham to check?

Well done on the Loughborough offer! Where else did you apply? Erm just send an email to the economics admissions tutor asking, they replied really quickly for me when I emailed them
Reply 1043
Well done on the Loughborough offer! Where else did you apply? Erm just send an email to the economics admissions tutor asking, they replied really quickly for me when I emailed them

Thankyou! I applied to Loughborough, Bath, Bristol, Birmingham and Nottingham. You? Which email address was it you sent it too - [email protected] ?
Original post by CNM10
Thankyou! I applied to Loughborough, Bath, Bristol, Birmingham and Nottingham. You? Which email address was it you sent it too - [email protected] ?

Good luck with Bristol, Nottingham and Birmingham too! I'm still waiting from Nottingham too.
And I sent it to the 'econ-admissions' one but received a reply from the one you've quoted, so you may as well send it straight to that one. You may even get a reply today seeing as my last reply was a few hours ago
Reply 1045
Good luck with Bristol, Nottingham and Birmingham too! I'm still waiting from Nottingham too.
And I sent it to the 'econ-admissions' one but received a reply from the one you've quoted, so you may as well send it straight to that one. You may even get a reply today seeing as my last reply was a few hours ago

Thankyou, I will and good luck with Nottingham!
Reply 1046
Original post by CNM10

hey when was ur ucas sent? :smile:
Reply 1047
Original post by jak67m
hey when was ur ucas sent? :smile:

I sent it aages ago on the 18th of october
Original post by tejbadiani
no mate, im a home student been here my whole life LOL!
why do you ask?
never been asked that question before.

Sorry its just that your doing economics and business studies which some universities count as one A level so its interesting to see which ones dont mind and which ones do but accept them anyway if your international. That was the reason I dropped business even though i got an A so i can concentrate on Biology and improve my grade from a B to an A which one of the universities want.
Why is it taking so long
is there a massive oversubscription for the likes of Notts warwick and Bristol
Waiting on Notts Warwick & Bath. Sounds like I got through one of the bulk rejections for Bath....
Waiting on Notts, Bristol and LSE.
Waiting for Notts and Birmingham :s-smilie:
Reply 1053
Original post by Psyched!!
A*AA from Exeter today - so much for the backup.:facepalm:

Same here, I was shocked when I saw those grades! Brum offered me AAB and I swear they're both about as good as each other.

Still, nice to have another offer.
Original post by Ramin Gorji
Sorry its just that your doing economics and business studies which some universities count as one A level so its interesting to see which ones dont mind and which ones do but accept them anyway if your international. That was the reason I dropped business even though i got an A so i can concentrate on Biology and improve my grade from a B to an A which one of the universities want.

no university i have applied to has indicated that. over the past few years business studies and economics have grown appart due to the new syllabuses.

and dont forget the subjects you do is only part of your application there is also PS and Reference, which i feel i am very strong in.
Reply 1055
Original post by tejbadiani
no university i have applied to has indicated that. over the past few years business studies and economics have grown appart due to the new syllabuses.

and dont forget the subjects you do is only part of your application there is also PS and Reference, which i feel i am very strong in.

Most of the unis I've looked into have stated explicitly that they'll only take BS and Econ as one A level.
Reply 1056
EDIT: <deleted>
(edited 13 years ago)
Exeter but A*AA no backup for me :frown:

Still waiting for Nott and Warwick, but provided i got a UCL rejection, Warwick are bound to reject me too.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by PaperSnowAGhost!
Exeter but A*AA no backup for me :frown:

Still waiting for Nott and Warwick, but provided i got a UCL rejected, Warwick are bound to reject me too.

ouch! is exeter even that good!? or is it a small course.
Original post by greebo-man
ouch! is exeter even that good!? or is it a small course.

oh high five on ucl and camb

Actually Exeter is pretty decent. Based on many leagues its top 15. Last year 1204 applicants, 194 acceptances so in my mind that's quite good.

Latest

Trending

Trending